Secretlab Omega Gaming Chair

Jedi_Master

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

Like many spending more time at home due to the china flu crisis, I thought it was a good opportunity to update the gaming chair I use when on my PC.

I decided on one from Secret Labs - from their Omaga range

https://secretlabchairs.co.uk/collections/omega-series#omega_2020-ash

Appears that lots of other gamers have had the same idea, so I to wait a few weeks after making a pre-order for the new 2020 series(next batch due end of July).  It was well boxed (delivered by DPD) with clear and easy to follow instructions for the non-techanically minded, and took me about an hour to construct. My initial impression is favourable, it has good adjustments and is comfortable. Time will tell how it holds up to hours of armchair warrior usage.

resources_omega_2020s.jpg

turntable_2020_OM_pu_ash_8-min.jpg

Very nice, I like the colour scheme too.. have always wanted a gamer chair but been put off by both the price and the common red or blue tackiness.

Having been doing all my work from home like so many others over the last couple of months, my pretty basic old 'Staples' 40 quid office chair has been showing its deficiencies, by means of the pain I was getting in my lower back... thought I was too young to be thinking about that kinda thing but apparently not... 😒

In the end, a couple weeks back now, I picked up an 'Ergohuman' mesh chair off of eBay. The seller was 5 mins drive away - it's got a few scuffs and some wear, however they are 600 quid new... got it for 127, very happy so far... looks a bit odd if you ask me but you can see quite a bit of thinking has gone into it's design.

• Head Moderator

Whilst chairs can be an expensive item initially, they are worth the money in the longer term for the comfort and support they provide. I expect there are lots of peple working from home who are now suffering aches and pains because of bad posture and uncomfortable chairs.

Sounds like a good deal from eBay. Those mesh chairs can be nice and cool in the hot weather which makes a difference.

• Supporters

I have a Titan on its way to me...

imo, if you're going to be spending a lot of the day sitting in a desk chair, get yourself to an office supply showroom and test out a bunch.  I probably spent 2+ hours checking out chairs, getting a feel for them etc.  These things are pretty expensive so you want make sure you get the right one.  They're generally really configurable too.  So you can option lumbar support, arm rest adjustment, back tension etc.

I did look at the various gaming chairs but a few things put me off.  I think the seat bolsters would really annoy me.  I like a bit more freedom of movement.  They're fine in a car, not for an office chair imo.  I don't want to sit in an 'anti manspreading' chair all day thanks.  Seat cushion comfortableness seems questionable based on quite a few reviews I read.  The durability of the PU leather concerned me, with peeling and flaking reported by users. 

At the end of the day, I think you get better value for money from a high end office chair over a gaming centric chair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

It's hhEEEeeeerrreee!

x2XU34C4oyXgiRi5JvWcYT-cT3rcDoy4ZX5pt7Uz7JFk_TxzYeygsGR49c6wr07xCjRpWkMhbM3c1cSOIe7KBImcdCRdQVMkjm0O4ESDXe2xpCvKsCNG6fS5Xm-Rq9rxk0V0LJJQbX1sHtzqwaG8Brk1mR4ixKhL2VyRTxMdocpzI31J6eTYrshQuoVbgiFI5cJ7f-BUTlhL0Si8o-8wQeLg4Yg-WxdllrVGPrr_hajW5tzwaaX5JpwDsfb5QBIeJdi1o46QMJeszQFTDawInTZHSJsADOO5dvIIxKIjcIgVov-oz0KnuRqabPYLFEjifez_dly8z1a7Nn_9wbiEe9mm5xYPNBOtsUP6BdI-MSD3myTWKp9UZ7GrskfhMrcbaL6UU6n7s_n1HgsCE2JBzDWjZL25bYyBoRqKFey08AdDkPoq6ARO6zR0DPIu37BuKlDJnb-isLzougAgm0p4wRRIF-pInCW34okqH74v8Rl3pFtMIrD_K6BiBLSMzlegbjpWWaizY7SCMC9Rxq6SVTSz5_o5ns_UiCN1c5qHwvq0hJCThWx7fGCZ33dVdkVGPYUknfMwYaA2Ku09oDxPRa4pZ3DD22AnPeSkQHwJOgfKD2maZ2HqEEZoShjPfwQGO37kkZX9ctu8TCy1tZI4L1Rp0_IJJ6--lJWybGvQZNGYsZdnajZ-Dg1egkem=w711-h947-no?authuser=0

Working from home today (as usual) so I'll report back on long term comfort.

First impressions - it's firm (as expected), it's mind buggeringly heavy and it's very adjustable. Lumbar support is good, seat base width is excellent (the Omega would have been too narrow for me) and the armrests work well. I can get the seat in under my desk and because the rests adjust fore and aft I can have them at the right height for me (level with the desk) and push them back so they don't foul (one of the main issues with my old chair which was a £700 office chair).

• 3 months later...
On 01/06/2020 at 19:43, Jedi_Master said:

Like many spending more time at home due to the china flu crisis, I thought it was a good opportunity to update the gaming chair I use when on my PC.

I decided on one from Secret Labs - from their Omaga range

https://secretlabchairs.co.uk/collections/omega-series#omega_2020-ash

Appears that lots of other gamers have had the same idea, so I to wait a few weeks after making a pre-order for the new 2020 series(next batch due end of July).  It was well boxed (delivered by DPD) with clear and easy to follow instructions for the non-techanically minded, and took me about an hour to construct. My initial impression is favourable, it has good adjustments and is comfortable. Time will tell how it holds up to hours of armchair warrior usage.

resources_omega_2020s.jpg

turntable_2020_OM_pu_ash_8-min.jpg

I need to purchase Secretlab chair but quite confused between Omega and titan? Had checked some reviews like https://theluxurychairs.com/secretlab-titan-review/ which seems titan to be good, However I also found omega as good as titan. Which one should I go with?

• Head Moderator
10 hours ago, david1207 said:

I need to purchase Secretlab chair but quite confused between Omega and titan? Had checked some reviews like https://theluxurychairs.com/secretlab-titan-review/ which seems titan to be good, However I also found omega as good as titan. Which one should I go with?

They are based on your height and weight, so check their info page to see which best suits your build.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.