Hey Howdy Hey O/

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello there!

My name is Mark and I am wanting to start out with Airsoft as I have friends who play it also. I don't know much about airsoft but I do know about weapons due to IRL experiences/ex work related items.

I don't have a rifle and don't know the first place to look into purchasing one, but I don't want to purchase a really expensive one, or a really cheap one - but yeah. I would go second-hand also as it may be the best bet for me as they're cheaper but you get decent for it, along with if I don't feel as though it's for me I haven't spent too much money.

My friend doesn't live close by to me but we are planning on getting together to play some day but I need to sort a weapon out first.

Any help would be grateful but just wanted to say hello to all!

Welcome to the hobby! Hope you enjoy your time here. A few pointers I'd throw into the ring:

1. Cheap guns aren't necessarily bad. I highly rate the cyma AKs or G&G raider as starter weapons and they're generally around £150 or so.

2. Don't take it too seriously. At the end of the day, it's a game where we run around a shoot each other with toy guns. Just enjoy it.

3. Shops I like to get stuff from (outside of my local shop) are fire-support, patrolbase and taiwangun (also, skirmshop for sniper stuff)

Also, to get a RIF without a two-tone paint job, you'll need a defense. Most common one is UKARA, which is basically a site membership type thing. Google it, I'm not an expert on it, I just know I have one xD

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Welcome

First thing I suggest you talk to your friends about IFs, RIFs and UKARA.

As Impulse said, the lower end price range is actually quite good these days.

CYMA, JG, SpecnaArms produce decent skirmishable weapons out of the box and most can be upgraded later if you want to.

DON'T get second hand unless you know enough to avoid being duped by sellers of crap or make sure the item hasn't been abused.

The most sensible approach is to rent for your first game to get some idea what its all about without wasting money on a coloured gun (IF).

If you decide to go further then rent another couple of times to register for UKARA at that site.

By this time you'll have enough experience of gameplay to know what weapon style you like and be able to buy any RIF you want.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Impulse said:

1. Cheap guns aren't necessarily bad. I highly rate the cyma AKs or G&G raider as starter weapons and they're generally around £150 or so.

the cyma/jg ak range are great, they might not be as pretty/solid as the more premium options but they sure as hell can sling plastic well enough.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.