Tm M14 Socom Upgrade to DMR

Glasfryn

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not sure if I should be the one to give you the advice, given that mines got a bit of a hop issue at the moment, but here’s a quick parts list to start.

Obviously, to get to 450fps you’re going to need a stiffer spring, an ASG M125 is a good start. Chuck in a bearing piston head and bearing spring guide and you should be doing pretty much bang on 450, assuming you get decent compression.

The key to range is the weight/velocity of the BB. Heavy BB’s need more pressure from the hop to lift so you may need to change out the nub/bucking. I’ve found the omega nub/macaron combo to work brilliantly in most of my guns but I’ll admit that I’m having issues with a Maple leaf 70* in my M14 build but I’m hoping a softer rubber (60*) will sort out my issue.

Stock gears and motor should be fine on a M125 although you will have to change out the plastic TM bushings for some 6mm metal ones. It’s likely you’ll need to reshim the gears once you’ve changed the bushings.

I’d be inclined to wire in a Gate Nanohard. It’s an easy job given the trigger contacts are outside of the box. You’ll need to make a short spade to deans cable to go from the motor to the mosfet. Remove the entire plastic selector arm that goes around the gearbox and you’ve got a gearbox that’s locked to semi auto.

Stick a decent 7.4V Battery in the stock and you’re golden. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.