Raven 18 Series Not Firing

YungEb_

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There is no issue with the gas since it all of a sudden stopped working. I have filled the mag and when I cock the weapon it does carry the BB to the chamber.

If it helps I done "maintenance" about 15 minutes before. After maintaining the weapon it stopped working. All I done was clean with wet wipes and just use toilet paper to dry it. I will attach pictures of what I cleaned and any other pictures you guys want.

With the first picture, I didn't take the parts apart  I just cleaned with wet wipes as far as I could get.

If the issue came from me "maintaining" my weapon then could you guys link some tutorials or give me tips on how to correctly maintain my weapon.

15907773561871859572965876695260.jpg

15907773071254453255693808732723.jpg

4 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Is the hammer cocking when you rack the slide?

If not, can you cock the hammer manually with the slide off?

The hammer cocks when I rack the slide however, the hammer is fixed in a downward position so I am unable to cock it -- When the slide is off

1 minute ago, johnnyj said:

Does the raven have a mechanical safety? Ie the silver plate under the front

It does, the safety is off

2 minutes ago, johnnyj said:

Does the raven have a mechanical safety? Ie the silver plate under the front

Good shout, it should have, always check the obvious first lol

2 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Good shout, it should have, always check the obvious first lol

Yeah I know, I checked the safety but it is off so there should be no reason for the gun to not fire apart from a parts error.

With the slide off try and get the hammer up , when pulling the trigger and pushing the tab in the hammer pack till it should catch and release the hammer if it does not you might have jammed it down , just a case of flat head and helping it up a little 

2 minutes ago, YungEb_ said:

Yeah I know, I checked the safety but it is off so there should be no reason for the gun to not fire apart from a parts error.

Definitely two reasons, something is broken.

Second reason, It’s a Raven and they are very fragile. I can see there is a screw missing from the bottom left of the hammer assembly (in your picture), has it fallen into the hammer assembly?

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Definitely two reasons, something is broken.

Second reason, It’s a Raven and they are very fragile. I can see there is a screw missing from the bottom left of the hammer assembly (in your picture), has it fallen into the hammer assembly?

No I removed the screw, if the part is broken do you suggest investing in another weapon?

Just now, YungEb_ said:

No I removed the screw, if the part is broken do you suggest investing in another weapon?

why did you take the screw out, you said you’d done nothing but clean it?

4 minutes ago, johnnyj said:

With the slide off try and get the hammer up , when pulling the trigger and pushing the tab in the hammer pack till it should catch and release the hammer if it does not you might have jammed it down , just a case of flat head and helping it up a little 

My father just and I just forced the hammer up with a flat head. We put the slide back on but still the same. Once we force the hammer up what do you suggest us doing?

There is a small tilt sear top right in your photo, that is what releases the hammer, you just press gently on it 

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

why did you take the screw out, you said you’d done nothing but clean it?

I took the screw out because I watched a youtube video which said that something inside needs to be replaced so when I took the screw off.

Guys just to confirm is the hammer in the bottom left of my gun that Silver thingy with the black thingy to the side of it?

I can’t help, you said you’d done nothing but clean, then you said you took the screw out, don’t know what else you’ve done, and what you’ve damaged forcing the hammer wheel up, sorry

8 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I can’t help, you said you’d done nothing but clean, then you said you took the screw out, don’t know what else you’ve done, and what you’ve damaged forcing the hammer wheel up, sorry

I said during the maintenance all I done was wipe it. When I went to go fix it I took out that screw, apart from that I haven't done anything or damaged anything. But thanks

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.