Rif Parts (Receivers Etc. for Projects

RYoung22

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, looking to buy some parts for a few backburner projects I've got on during this never ending COVID season. Generally I've used parts from an ever growing collection of random AEG and GBBR parts that I've somehow managed to collect over the years but to complete a few of these projects i'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay-out for some parts and bits... Looking of any advice on where's the best place to get these from; it seems like fire-support have the best variety but charge a small mortgage for some stock/replacement parts, most UK websites seem to stock the minimum. I've heard some frustrating things on here about UK customs when trying to ship AEG receivers and parts from our US friends across the pond. 

Am i better off buying a second-hand donor AEG kinda-thing? Anyway, i was wondering how the AEG gunsmiths on here have managed to come out with some cool looking RIFs - any help appreciated, cheers in advance. 

(Edit; Mainly needing metal receiver(s) and external parts etc. Only been able to find ICS receivers on Fire-support & i think the gearboxes are different, i could be wrong) 

Tbh I tend buy broken guns or cheap guns for the parts i need , your biggest issue is plan your build as not all parts from different manufacturers fit or work together . 

22 hours ago, RYoung22 said:

Hi all, looking to buy some parts for a few backburner projects I've got on during this never ending COVID season. Generally I've used parts from an ever growing collection of random AEG and GBBR parts that I've somehow managed to collect over the years but to complete a few of these projects i'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay-out for some parts and bits... Looking of any advice on where's the best place to get these from; it seems like fire-support have the best variety but charge a small mortgage for some stock/replacement parts, most UK websites seem to stock the minimum. I've heard some frustrating things on here about UK customs when trying to ship AEG receivers and parts from our US friends across the pond. 

Am i better off buying a second-hand donor AEG kinda-thing? Anyway, i was wondering how the AEG gunsmiths on here have managed to come out with some cool looking RIFs - any help appreciated, cheers in advance. 

(Edit; Mainly needing metal receiver(s) and external parts etc. Only been able to find ICS receivers on Fire-support & i think the gearboxes are different, i could be wrong) 

what external parts are you looking for?

22 hours ago, johnnyj said:

Tbh I tend buy broken guns or cheap guns for the parts i need , your biggest issue is plan your build as not all parts from different manufacturers fit or work together . 

Yeah I try to do that too, boneyard RIFs are the best for parts but you're right some brands like ICS and G&G sometimes don't go together, usually if i'm really stuck for buying broken compatible parts, small dremel tool modifications usually sort it out (sometimes if i'm lucky lol).

Only thing i usually get stuck with is finding people selling bits and parts or broken guns lol

1 hour ago, strykerles said:

what external parts are you looking for?

Mainly after externals, only really dabble with M4 / M16's and AR platforms but lower receivers, upper receivers and some outer barrels / handguards, stocks etc

all the internals seem to be quite off the shelf stock at UK retailers.

16 minutes ago, RYoung22 said:

Yeah I try to do that too, boneyard RIFs are the best for parts but you're right some brands like ICS and G&G sometimes don't go together, usually if i'm really stuck for buying broken compatible parts, small dremel tool modifications usually sort it out (sometimes if i'm lucky lol).

Only thing i usually get stuck with is finding people selling bits and parts or broken guns lol

Mainly after externals, only really dabble with M4 / M16's and AR platforms but lower receivers, upper receivers and some outer barrels / handguards, stocks etc

all the internals seem to be quite off the shelf stock at UK retailers.

I have a few parts I have acquired from joblots etc

The rail is 9" nuprol bocca 3

Carry handle is aluminium 

Scope is a cheap one, just looks nice

Stock was black but has been sprayed od green

Inner barrels :

right one is loosely fitted together in the centre

Centre one is fine

Left one is threaded

think I may have a blue crane  stock somewhere too

20200530_182402.jpg

Nice, I like the look of the hand-guard,

Cheers for posting it but i have some barrels and a hand guard i'm looking to put on a receiver set, if i can find a decent / compatible receiver anywhere aha,

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.