Specna Arms - Spot the Difference!

Nathana94

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone!

hoping someone is familiar with the Specna arms range because I’m confused here - can someone please tell me what the difference is between the SA-H08, and the SA-H08-M? I’ve seen them on patrol base and emailed, and they believe the only difference is the stock - is that right? I wasn’t sure if the H08-M was the ONE series and the H08 was a later run? 

Cant find a solid answer for the life of me!

cheers 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

They are both One series guns, they'll be identical inside.

You've got it right though, the 'M' designation simply stands for 'Magpul' - and has a Magpul CTR style stock as standard.

You'll see this in other models in the range too.

For example:

SA-A03 MK18:

1152203167_1.jpg

But then if you see an SA-A03-M:

eng_pl_SA-A03-M-Carbine-Replica-Chaos-Br

Same gun but with Magpul style parts for a cooler, more trendy look.

Interestingly the M version has the lovely bronze rail too, instead of tan.

Thank you!! I had in my head that the M was the ONE series, and that the H08 was just a reprint (for lack of a better word)

SA-H08-M has been ordered! 

anyone know if the Nuprol mid caps work with these? Alternatively, any metal mid caps? (Ones that can convert to a realistic cap would be preferred but not essential!) 

22 hours ago, L3wisD said:

You've got it right though, the 'M' designation simply stands for 'Magpul' - and has a Magpul CTR style stock as standard.

I always thought it was an MOE style stock. Doesn't the CTR have another latch at the front (rifle end) of the stock?

If you want to keep to the totally not Magpul style, then these magazines work: https://www.taiwangun.com/en/aeg-mid-cap/150rd-mid-cap-polymer-magazine-for-ar-15-m4-black-battleaxe-3

Patrolbase has them as well but they're out of stock at the moment.

Keep in mind that the H08 has an RAHG style rail, which is a bit of a pain to get attachments for - afaik you can't bolt anything M-LOK to it, you need to use RAHG RIS mounts and then put what you want on those.

Not necessarily a problem, but back when I got my H05-M loads of stores were claiming the H08 used M-LOK... 🤦‍♂️

On 28/05/2020 at 18:24, tibernius said:

I always thought it was an MOE style stock. Doesn't the CTR have another latch at the front (rifle end) of the stock?

If you want to keep to the totally not Magpul style, then these magazines work: https://www.taiwangun.com/en/aeg-mid-cap/150rd-mid-cap-polymer-magazine-for-ar-15-m4-black-battleaxe-3

Patrolbase has them as well but they're out of stock at the moment.

Keep in mind that the H08 has an RAHG style rail, which is a bit of a pain to get attachments for - afaik you can't bolt anything M-LOK to it, you need to use RAHG RIS mounts and then put what you want on those.

Not necessarily a problem, but back when I got my H05-M loads of stores were claiming the H08 used M-LOK... 🤦‍♂️

thanks for the mag recommendation! Will definitely take a look!

also thank you for letting me know about the rail. I’m not massively familiar with them yet - I can see differences and see what would work with what, but wasn’t are this would be more difficult.. tbh I wanted to put a 4 sided picatinny Handguard on it! (I’ve likely got that completely wrong and would like to apologise to people who actually know guns and parts - please tell me if I’m wrong!)

• Supporters
On 29/05/2020 at 23:07, Nathana94 said:

thanks for the mag recommendation! Will definitely take a look!

also thank you for letting me know about the rail. I’m not massively familiar with them yet - I can see differences and see what would work with what, but wasn’t are this would be more difficult.. tbh I wanted to put a 4 sided picatinny Handguard on it! (I’ve likely got that completely wrong and would like to apologise to people who actually know guns and parts - please tell me if I’m wrong!)

If you want the traditional quad rail just buy the one that comes with it... https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-sa-h02-416-carbine-assault-rifle then swap the stock over as that'll be cheaper in the long run.

3 minutes ago, Lozart said:

If you want the traditional quad rail just buy the one that comes with it... https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-sa-h02-416-carbine-assault-rifle then swap the stock over as that'll be cheaper in the long run.

looked at the H02 first but couldn’t find it in stock anywhere :( not unhappy with the H08 by any means, just something I’ll likely think about :D 

• Supporters
Just now, Nathana94 said:

looked at the H02 first but couldn’t find it in stock anywhere :( not unhappy with the H08 by any means, just something I’ll likely think about :D 

To be fair it's being phased out to be replaced with the H20 https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-sa-h20-edge-2-0-aeg-rifle but that now has the Orion gearbox and has experienced some early quality issues.

20 minutes ago, Lozart said:

To be fair it's being phased out to be replaced with the H20 https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-sa-h20-edge-2-0-aeg-rifle but that now has the Orion gearbox and has experienced some early quality issues.

yeah heard a few issues regarding the H20/21 - another reason I opted for an older model :)  should be fine as a base to upgrade!

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Nathana94 said:

yeah heard a few issues regarding the H20/21 - another reason I opted for an older model :)  should be fine as a base to upgrade!

If the H08 still has the E&C gearbox then yes but I'm not entirely sure they do. Regardless, it'll be a nice gun!

Even though I'm a Marui guy, I have to admit that Magpul variant does look pretty slick! 

(quiet word to the voices inside my head.... no I don't need any more toys!)

18 minutes ago, Lozart said:

If the H08 still has the E&C gearbox then yes but I'm not entirely sure they do. Regardless, it'll be a nice gun!

Is there an easy way to tell if it’s E&C or the newer ones? (I can’t recall who makes them but I’m sure you’ll know what I mean!)

15 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Even though I'm a Marui guy, I have to admit that Magpul variant does look pretty slick! 

(quiet word to the voices inside my head.... no I don't need any more toys!)

I can hear them from here telling you that you do! ;) 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Nathana94 said:

Is there an easy way to tell if it’s E&C or the newer ones? (I can’t recall who makes them but I’m sure you’ll know what I mean!)

Without pulling it apart I'm not too sure. I'd just get the gun, wait until it breaks (if it breaks) then upgrade it from there. Worst case, you can buy a whole E&C gearbox and drop it straight in.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.