Is Newer Really Better?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone!

First time posting here, and first time buying an airsoft gun that wasn't £9.99 at an open market..

I've decided I want to go with Specna Arms - the metal externals are whats getting me the most and I've heard some good thing for them as beginner AEGs. My question is - are the new 2.0 EDGE models decent? I've seen a few things about them firing full auto on their own, mock bolts getting stuck and warping - but I havent seen anything about the same issues in the original H series. Does anyone have any experience or advice on these? :)

Also, I'm looking for a model that would be a good balance for CQB and Outdoor use, as I'll likely switch between the two as and when. I was originally looking at the SA-H06, but I think that would be too big for CQB - can anyone recommend?

thanks! :)

Welcome

Specna Arms are very good in my opinion but I haven't looked at the new models.

There is the argument that its not a good idea to adopt new things until they've been tried and tested (by others)

If you've seen questionable things about the new range then best to stick with a model that has more info and history of use.

Yes, the SA-H06 looks a bit long for CQB but its up to you to decide what you like.

5 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Welcome

Specna Arms are very good in my opinion but I haven't looked at the new models.

There is the argument that its not a good idea to adopt new things until they've been tried and tested (by others)

If you've seen questionable things about the new range then best to stick with a model that has more info and history of use.

Yes, the SA-H06 looks a bit long for CQB but its up to you to decide what you like.

Thank you :)

I've just seen on their facebook page, they've acknowledged the issue and said it's only present in a few guns, and that if you follow all the steps they've posted and you still have the issue, they will send you a USB cable for free to correct the software - but I feel you're right with the tried and tested thing!

I'm not sure if this is different case by case - but is it possible to just buy an additional barrel and handguard to swap out based on what I want to use the gun for? or would it not really work like that? (sorry for the noob questions!)

Don't worry, the only questions we don't like are ones such as, "what gun is best?" and "what should I get?" without any previous research.

The answer is, yes, you can change parts on the gun to alter its characteristics but its a pain in the buttox so not very common I would say.

Most of us will find that as an excuse to buy another one 😉

8 hours ago, EDcase said:

Don't worry, the only questions we don't like are ones such as, "what gun is best?" and "what should I get?" without any previous research.

The answer is, yes, you can change parts on the gun to alter its characteristics but its a pain in the buttox so not very common I would say.

Most of us will find that as an excuse to buy another one 😉

Oh I already read a huge thread on that, I know Nuprol make the best guns.. 😂

A second gun you say.. I suppose that makes sense.. I don’t want to be stripping those screws before their time right? 😉😂

• Supporters

If only Nuprol made a Famas, be like "wot am bestest gun now da worstest gun" 🤣

4 hours ago, EDcase said:

You know your stuff 👍😉

I’ll tell you what I don’t know.. the difference between an SA-H08 and an SA-H08-M! If you’ve any specna arms knowledge or know anyone here that will, please help! 😂

Ah you speak much sense. There is a lot to be learned from you sir! Haha. 

I was leaning towards that but thought “there must be a reason it’s more expensive”.. the retailer believes it’s just a different stock!

Its max length is 925mm, my main gun that I use both outdoors and CQB is around that so I wouldn't say its too long for CQB, I think you'll get the best bang for your buck with this gun. I'm a small dude and if I have no issues running that length in tight CQB, you should be good to go. You can always get a pistol for situations where you are really in a cramped spot. I've only heard good things about Specna Arms and i'm eyeing one up for myself rn.

I took the plunge on the H08-M, should be getting delivered any time this week as long as shipping isn’t delayed too bad with everything going on - will let you know how I find it when it arrives (albeit with my limited knowledge other than watching NegAirsoft swear at gearboxes..) 😂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.