Which Is Sexier!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/05/2020 at 21:36, Macv276 said:

Precisely. I was issued the A2 and, despite all HK did to it, the thing was still unreliable (although not as bad as the A1) and there is no sign of it getting replaced any time soon. 

mmmm, the A3!

On 30/05/2020 at 21:00, RonLancs said:

Nothing wrong with the SA80.

Sure it’s the heaviest current service rifle at present.

Sure it swings of your back and cracks you in your knee when you bend down due to the issue sling.

Sure it will not fire when you get mud behind the trigger, but hey, it is what it is and I can tell you from experience you can draw a smiley face at 200m with it and give it a rough clean of carbon and it’s good for 180 rounds on deliberate fire. 

They ain’t pretty but they’re there for a reason Gov got them on the cheap and they were upgraded by Germans. 

(A2) 

Trigger was modified very early on to have a wedge on the back to cut through mud and more importantly snow

HK were UK owned at the time

I present you the even Uglier (but great airsoft gun) 

spacer.png

• Head Moderator

Neither but at least the rifle is not a tan (shite colour) wellington boot

2 hours ago, MadMole said:

mmmm, the A3!

Trigger was modified very early on to have a wedge on the back to cut through mud and more importantly snow

HK were UK owned at the time

I present you the even Uglier (but great airsoft gun) 

spacer.png

Is that a Seamaster I spy?

17 hours ago, Alimcd said:

Is that a Seamaster I spy?

Sub ceramic, well spotted. 50th birthday present from the wife. I'm a lucky man

Given a choice. L85a2
maybe I got lucky but my issue a2 never let me down. Now the A1 on the other hand. First time I fired it I had  a double feed. Hates the hell out of it all the time I used it. 
but comparing the a1 and a2 is like comparing your grans battered fiat pinto with a Ferrari. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.