Cyma Sniper Rifles Parts Compatability?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I was looking at getting a cm707 sniper rifle mainly for the chassis and folding stock but I was wondering if anyone has experience with upgrading them? I assume due to magazine placement they cant take vsr partsbut does anyone know if they are compatible with somehting else like ares strikers or something like that? if not can anyone recommend another sniper rifle with a side folding stock which isn't going to be more expensive than the cyma? Thanks in advance

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/spring/cm-707-black-cyma?from=listing&campaign-id=19

A friend of mine picked one up last year and has found they're a bit proprietary. The Hop is proprietary but the stock unit seems to work well, hop arm required modification to use a Maple Leaf nub. Barrel is bridged which is a bit of a pain. The Cylinder/piston is not a standard VSR-type but Taiwan gun sell a specific 707 upgrade kit that gives you a new spring guide, piston and spring. He's fit the kit in the past couple of days and is borrowing my chrono tonight so should be able to tell you what to expect. 

Issue wise - the bolt handle is fragile and susceptible to shearing off. We've had to drill out a hole in the shaft and handle and put a bolt in between. The gun uses bolts to hold the mechanism in place, overtightening them can deform the cylinder (This unit had a deformed cylinder out of the box). The "pull" is a bit scratchy, if you've got the patience a bit of polishing and some new lubricant worked wonders to the feel of the pull.

Aside those minor points, it seems to be a solid rifle. He's getting plenty of kills and range seems to be on par with other rifles firing .36-.4's

is it not just an m24? I was planning on getting the 708 myself but not sure on build quality anymore. Though, I can mod the shit out of it with my 3d printer if necessary.

Hmm i see from tg:

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/parts-for-sniper-rifels/upgrade-set-for-sniper-rifle-cm-703-707-575-fps-cyma?from=listing&campaign-id=14&q=cm.707+upgrade

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/parts-for-sniper-rifels/upgrade-set-for-sniper-rifle-cm-700-700a-708-575-fps-cyma?from=listing&campaign-id=14&q=cm.707+upgrade

707 and 708 seem to be different apparently?

36 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

A friend of mine picked one up last year and has found they're a bit proprietary. The Hop is proprietary but the stock unit seems to work well, hop arm required modification to use a Maple Leaf nub. Barrel is bridged which is a bit of a pain. The Cylinder/piston is not a standard VSR-type but Taiwan gun sell a specific 707 upgrade kit that gives you a new spring guide, piston and spring. He's fit the kit in the past couple of days and is borrowing my chrono tonight so should be able to tell you what to expect. 

Issue wise - the bolt handle is fragile and susceptible to shearing off. We've had to drill out a hole in the shaft and handle and put a bolt in between. The gun uses bolts to hold the mechanism in place, overtightening them can deform the cylinder (This unit had a deformed cylinder out of the box). The "pull" is a bit scratchy, if you've got the patience a bit of polishing and some new lubricant worked wonders to the feel of the pull.

Aside those minor points, it seems to be a solid rifle. He's getting plenty of kills and range seems to be on par with other rifles firing .36-.4's

Thanks for the info. Ill be shortening the outer and replacing the inner barrel so thats less of a problem. Im mainly looking for something to sling on my back when im running some of my lower powered smgs so I can have a decent range on it so im not looking for anything amazing. Im more than happy to manufacture metal parts for it so as long as noone else pops up saying it explodes when you touch it ill probably grab one ^_^. let me know the results of the chrono. Id love to know what it does.

seems as though all the 500fps kits are out of stock though

edit - information already stated above. Can't delete

It’s doing 596 with the upgrade kit fitted, it was c.440 before the kit. Happy compromise could be to use the bearing spring guide and new piston with the original spring.

1 hour ago, Alimcd said:

It’s doing 596 with the upgrade kit fitted, it was c.440 before the kit. Happy compromise could be to use the bearing spring guide and new piston with the original spring.

What weight of bbs?

Apologies, that’s with 0.2g. He’s going to stick the original spring back in and take a second set of measurements. At the moment, the “upgrade” has made it a bit on the unusable side!

3 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

Apologies, that’s with 0.2g. He’s going to stick the original spring back in and take a second set of measurements. At the moment, the “upgrade” has made it a bit on the unusable side!

Yeah just a little XD. Oh well. good to know the original fps. I think 440 is gonna be enough for what I want anyway since im not going dedicated sniper. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.