Struggling to Find an Mp5

Dalno

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, I haven’t owned an airsoft gun in about 9-10 years and I am really keen on getting back into it. I pretty much have my heart set on getting an MP5 J (sliding stock and the original plastic handguard). I would also like it to have a metal upper receiver, like it’s real equivalent. I was excited when I found the Bolt MP5 as it ticks my boxes and even had the recoil system but the general online consensus is that they break within a couple months and are a pain to repair...

I remember TM brand being good back in the day but can’t find any TM MP5’s for sale.

I would like something that is pretty good out of the box and doesn’t need a whole lot of fettling... can anyone point me in the right direction? I don’t recognise a lot of the brands nowadays

I'd suggest this one.  (no recoil)

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-041j-mp5-submachine-gun?pv=3245

Generally good out of the box and compatible with most upgrade parts.

Its a tough time for airsoft because we can't play (to get UKARA) and many retailers are very low on stock.

CYMA are a good mid-level

So are Classic Army (I have an old MP5 that still works great)

Jing Gong (JG) used to be budget stuff but they seem to have upped their game in the last couple of years so worth considering.  (I have a JG M4 which works great)

TM are still good for high end but most are not metal.

If you want recoil then I'm not sure.

Thank you for your quick responses!! I had not come across fire-support.co.uk and there are some good options on there. Now to spend all night watching videos and reviews

I've owned a couple of ICS MP5's and still own one to this day. They're a solid platform although they can be a bit fussy when it comes to magazines (I run plastic King Arms mid-caps) and the gearboxes (unless it's changed recently) were very standard without any quality of life features such as a Quick Change Spring system.

It would take a lot to get me to part with my ICS MP5 though. Admittedly a big contributing factor for this is due to it running the old style receiver which ICS have unfortunately discontinued but there are few manufacturers who still make the old "SEF" type receiver.

• Supporters
On 25/05/2020 at 23:27, FreeFrag.UK said:

I've owned a couple of ICS MP5's and still own one to this day. They're a solid platform although they can be a bit fussy when it comes to magazines (I run plastic King Arms mid-caps) and the gearboxes (unless it's changed recently) were very standard without any quality of life features such as a Quick Change Spring system.

It would take a lot to get me to part with my ICS MP5 though. Admittedly a big contributing factor for this is due to it running the old style receiver which ICS have unfortunately discontinued but there are few manufacturers who still make the old "SEF" type receiver.

I wish more people would make SEF lowers. I hate the ambi fire selector.

• Moderators
On 25/05/2020 at 22:06, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

How much you got?

not allowed to get his until i get mine, :lol::lol: FS currently out of stock!

@Lozart - I think Classic Army are now the only ones that do. I find the feedback from the selector to be far superior to that of the "Navy" version.

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@Lozart - I think Classic Army are now the only ones that do. I find the feedback from the selector to be far superior to that of the "Navy" version.

I've considered getting an ICS and swapping the lowers. I really want an A3 with the sliding stock and SEF lower.

3 hours ago, djben9 said:

not allowed to get his until i get mine, :lol::lol: FS currently out of stock!

That old law of airsoft:

When you have the money to purchase the one RIF you treasure above all others, it will be out of stock everywhere, for months.

@DalnoTM MP5? Well funny you should mention that I have a TM MP5 RAS sat in a box in my loft which is nigh on 8-9yrs old... I'll dust it off at the weekend and see if it still works and what chrono it is... I hazard to guess it's about 325fps as I remember putting a systema M100 in at the time... Good memories from the old days :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Been looking to replace an old CA MP5 of mine which broke. Was looking at G&G but this new ICS one looks decent, the 3 round bust mode is kinda selling me on it, although i wish they would make a full stock version. I guess i could just put on the full stock from my old one as long as its not a pain with rearranging wires.

Anyone have experience with the new ICS MP5? 

On 02/06/2020 at 14:36, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

That old law of airsoft:

When you have the money to purchase the one RIF you treasure above all others, it will be out of stock everywhere, for months.

Also you guys were right, the bastard is out of stock everywhere 😭.  And i'm not interested in the futuristic alien looking version ha.

3 hours ago, Armo1000 said:

Also you guys were right, the bastard is out of stock everywhere 😭.  And i'm not interested in the futuristic alien looking version ha.

Exactly this. It’s hardly on any websites and they’ve been out of stock for ages

13 hours ago, Dalno said:

Exactly this. It’s hardly on any websites and they’ve been out of stock for ages

TM stocks across the board are quite thin at the moment 

Deliveries / shipments from the far East are taking longer than the usual turnaround times for the obvious reasons

I've a couple of TM's on order with CamoRaids since early May, they've a massive TM delivery (£40K worth) within the next fortnight, saw Eagle 6 just had an overdue TM drop as well land last week, so whomever you're looking to order through I'd preorder as I'm sure the TM shipments once dropped will sell out quickly, especially what with sites now back open / reopening so demand will be high

• Moderators

yeah they had a few in and they sold out quite quick, i missed that round. They then build up a 'list' so when ordering it cuts down the costs. Probably be here middle of summer

i hope!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.