Vsr 10 Pro or G-spec

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Apologies if this has been asked before but I was considering getting myself a Tokyo Marui VSR 10 to tinker with and upgrade over a period of time.

Which of these would make the better base gun?

• Supporters

Get the Novritsch vsr, it seems to be good value for the money.

If you want to upgrade it yourself, get the cheapest gspec you can, because everything inside will be changed to upgraded parts except the block under the hopup.

Gspec is better because barrel length doesn't mean anything in airsoft, but suppressing does work.

Or get an amoeba striker and a cylinder kit.

Nov's SSG is not good value.

It is on paper, but the amount of QC issues it has makes it shit. Not worth gambling €300 on something that may be a turd and a customer service that tells you metal filings in your cylinder are completely normal.

Being a Striker user myself, I wouldn't recommend it. While it is really easy to work with and it's almost perfect for my needs, it comes standard with an utter shit brass cylinder which needs to be replaced right off the bat. It's quite limited on upgrades too and some are really expensive (EdGi NEMO looking at you, and no, the Ares clone is shit)

I may suggest the Action Army T-10/T-11, it's more expensive than VSR clones (roughly on par with TM) but comes with a nice 90° trigger and piston. it's at least €100 saved on a new trigger box. Plus it looks dank as fuck.

As far as barrel lenght, stay on the 300mm mark, makes the whole package shorter (easier to maneuvre through dense vegetation) and can be used in conjunction with the full cylinder volume to Joule Creep heavy weights (something the Striker can't do unless you HPA it or drop €400 on a nemo)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.