Tokyo Marui G18c Slide

Auf

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm trying to get hold of a TM G18C slide so i can draw it in CAD. Does anyone know where i can get a genuine Tokyo Marui slide, the ones i've seen seem to be sold out. 

7 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Have you tried Rainbow8 or boomarms?

Yep, unfortunately both don't have the stock one. For £55 i can get a PGC slide, but i'm not sure if they are any good. Guarder make some from 7075 ALU but quite pricey for just a slide...

13 minutes ago, Auf said:

Yep, unfortunately both don't have the stock one. For £55 i can get a PGC slide, but i'm not sure if they are any good. Guarder make some from 7075 ALU but quite pricey for just a slide...

PGC are excellent, CNC machined,  very similar in weight to the TM, despite being alloy, I’d highly recommend them

Or, buy a used TMG18C, model the slide then sell it on

Just now, rocketdogbert said:

PGC are excellent, CNC machined,  very similar in weight to the TM, despite being alloy, I’d highly recommend them

You said about Boomarms, are they worth buying from? 

Just now, Auf said:

You said about Boomarms, are they worth buying from? 

Yes, terrible website but great service, very well thought of both here and in the US.

However, with C-19, they might be surface shipping only

7 minutes ago, E21A said:

Are you wanting it so can design your own slide? 

That's it, to ensure it would fit i need to get a slide to measure up and draw up in CAD. There's a limited choice of slides, and frankly some of them aren't worth the money. I'd like to make some prototypes with RMR / picatinny mounts. I can't make them personally right now, but i can pay for them to be machined elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Yes, terrible website but great service, very well thought of both here and in the US.

However, with C-19, they might be surface shipping only

Okay! Yeah i think it's something like 1-2 months, but i's not like i'm doing anything else. That website is something else though :D. Tbh as long as the slide has the right dimensions it should be good. I've been trying to put together a G18 whilst making as many parts as i can from titanium and steel, but some are a little to complex to guess.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.