Srs Barrel Tightening and Nozzle Alignment

Lollingsgrad

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Before I tighten the barrel the nozzle slides into the hop chamber smooth as butter. When I tighten the hex bolts to the side of the barrel something goes out of alignment and there's resistance I'm reluctant to push against in case it's metal on metal. I've tried tightening the bolts back to front, front to back, various iterations of middle outwards, it just doesn't seem to align. Any ideas?

Got it, I took it apart and put it all back together twice and the second time it miraculously was fine. No idea what was different. A little miffed really; I was willing to throw down for an expensive platform for well engineered bits that are easy to work on and fit together well. There's far too much wiggle in the barrel position for my liking.

5 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

What order are you tightening the bolts in? IIRC it should be 1-3-2-4.

I also tend to keep the piston and cylinder in place when I tighten up to ensure a nice fit.

From bolt to muzzle, in order. Reversed for removal. (P7 of manual).

I've done it that many times it's second nature, but checked the manual to be sure!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.