P90 Semi Fire

Barryelliott

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all I am looking for some advice, I am wanting to get myself a p90 but need to get the hang of single fire for my site. But I am wondering if there is a way I can lock it to semi, I have looked into MOSFETs and other such items but nothing seems to give me a definitive answer. Any help would be great cheers

You could try modifying the selector to prevent full auto from being selected, or you could modify the trigger assembly to disconnect or remove the full auto contacts.

I'd strongly recommend fitting a MOSFET to protect the trigger contacts at least.

• Supporters

for semi only on the v6 box it's relatively simply as you have 2 sets of contacts. that's if you need to actually lock them out rather than just leave the selector on semi (it's just a trigger block)

although i'm not sure a 2-stage trigger is the best choice for a semi-only playstyle.

59 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

for semi only on the v6 box it's relatively simply as you have 2 sets of contacts. that's if you need to actually lock them out rather than just leave the selector on semi (it's just a trigger block)

although i'm not sure a 2-stage trigger is the best choice for a semi-only playstyle.

Do you mean block off one of the contacts so only one touches the block?

There are two sets of contacts; one that gets disconnected by the cutoff lever after firing and another set further back that are used for full auto fire.

When you fire the P90, a half-pull of the trigger only engages the first set of contacts so it only fires a single shot. Pulling the trigger completely engages the second set of contacts so it continues firing. The fire selector simply blocks the trigger from being pulled back completely when it's set to semi auto mode.

Thank you all for your answers you have been helpful. But just to clear something up. There is a pic attached (I hope) the 2 prongs that connect with the metal bit that slides back if I was to remove/block one of them does that block the full auto?.

Thank you all

Screenshot_20200528_183124_com.android.chrome.jpg

Yes that is correct.

Why do you need to lock it to semi, this is most unusual for an indoor site.

Also AFAIK all the P90's I've had don not have two stage triggers, AKA the Aug trigger.

57 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Yes that is correct.

Also AFAIK all the P90's I've had don not have two stage triggers, AKA the Aug trigger.

This. The P90 has a selector switch in front and below the trigger it's solid and not that easy to knock out of position. 

On 28/05/2020 at 20:37, Davegolf said:

Yes that is correct.

It's just how the rules have always been I think it's more because it's a very tight space arena.

every p90 I have had in the past the selector has never worked you pull the trigger back and if you don't release it the moment a shot goes off it proceeds to go full auto

That will eventually happen when the cutoff lever has worn down to the point that it can no longer release the trigger contacts after firing - none of these mods to restrict it to semi-auto only will help when that happens and the only way to fix it would be to install a new cutoff lever.

Get a good quality P90 (I would expect the cheap versions to fail a lot sooner rather than later) and keep it well maintained and it shouldn't be a problem for a long time.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.