Tm 5.1 the Problems Continue....

Nicayu

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Back again

BBU issues afoot. About a week or so ago I had various fixed by a Cowow enhanced pistol head.

Now, it seems I have similar problems in the same area. They are as follows.

When shooting excess gas is firing out of the back, the slide doesn't always travel fully forward and sometimes the nozzle gets really stuck on the piston. When I put part (which takes some force) the nozzle breaks.

I am training with this pistol everyday so it's getting some use. I'm considering some BBU and nozzle upgrade.

Any ideas, any help greatly appreciated

Hi,

The stock TM piston and lid seal are both very good and should not need replacing unless the seal has bloated due to old age/use or petroleum based lubricant contamination.

Go back to stock and get it working properly, don't use mods to fix a problem.

Have you checked that the nozzle slides freely over the piston/seal when removed from the gun?

If yes does it still move freely once fitted into the slide?

If yes then most likely something is fouling it from the lower frame.

As a side note if you are shooting A LOT then the piston lid seal will need lube daily if not more.

Also are you using gas with suspended lube or dry propane for instance?

Cheers for the response Dave.

I took your advice for going back to stock.

New maple leaf bucking went as the nozzle was sticking a little( a bigger problem than I realised me thinks), new 150% recoil spring gone, upgraded 140% nozzle spring gone, upgraded Cowcow o ring/piston gone, the only things left not standard are a nine ball tightbore inner barrel and the metal slide.

Worrking again.

Im using ultra air currently.

Many thanks again.

You where told :) .If you want a bit more efficiency 2 aftermarket things that won't fuck it up are lees precision engineering route shims and 9ball routes in the mags. The route helps gas flow and shims help the seal to the bbu.  You'll get a boost in power, efficiency and consistency with no negative effect. Also help with cycling the metal slide.

On 22/05/2020 at 16:16, Nicayu said:

Back again

BBU issues afoot. About a week or so ago I had various fixed by a Cowow enhanced pistol head.

Now, it seems I have similar problems in the same area. They are as follows.

When shooting excess gas is firing out of the back, the slide doesn't always travel fully forward and sometimes the nozzle gets really stuck on the piston. When I put part (which takes some force) the nozzle breaks.

I am training with this pistol everyday so it's getting some use. I'm considering some BBU and nozzle upgrade.

Any ideas, any help greatly appreciated

If your CowCow piston head is the same as mine, it should come with multiple orings, of various thicknesses, that can be swapped out but if its getting stuck to the point that the slide wont cycle and it takes force to remove... my only words are 'holy shit!'

I got the CowCow LWBBU. It comes complete with the piston head and I honestly cant fault it. I switched the oring on it to its thickest one and it made a ridiculously  good seal but would sometimes have feeding issues so I backed it off to the medium of the 3 orings and it works beautifully.

But yeah, this trouble comes, as I have found, with upgrades like this. I had no end of trouble with the retention of my nozzle spring. Took ages to diagnose and rectify but its all good now. Fault finding and fixing is all part of the fun for me.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.