Lct or E and L?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Used to nearly say LCT as a default but since the Nuprol deal with the corresponding price increase,  a lot less difference in prices. 

Is there a particular model you are looking at (tactical/Cold War era)?  Find the LCT easier to work on but the E&L is slightly sturdier. 

Ive owned 5 LCT's and one E&L

i only have one AK left and its an E&L 

I would agree that LCT are slightly easier to work on

E&L do feel different but it's marginal, which used to make it easier to choose the LCT based on price.

If the prices are now similar and if the variant you desire is made by both I would pick the E&L 

• Supporters

afaik isn't the main difference between lct/e&l is that e&l is closer to RS spec whereas lct is closer to airsoft spec (for things like handguards, stocks etc)

tbh from what i've seen they're both perfectly good.

2 hours ago, DerDer said:

Used to nearly say LCT as a default but since the Nuprol deal with the corresponding price increase,  a lot less difference in prices. 

Is there a particular model you are looking at (tactical/Cold War era)?  Find the LCT easier to work on but the E&L is slightly sturdier. 

a wood stock classic ak most likely or an underfolder. I already have 2 cymas which cover me for modern guns

1 hour ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Unless you need it to be Russian, I would reccomend a realsword.

Better than the other 2.

While I am a big  advocate of Real Sword I personally  don't  currently think they are better then E&L or LCT. 

Granted they are really the only airsoft manufacture who can make the claim that their Airsoft AEGs ,are made to the  same specs, materials and finish, as the real steel weapon they replicate and the quality of the products they produce is one of the highest for airsoft AK variants (just look at the AK magazines full steel with a blued finish ) combined with solid no frill internal  make them fairly reliable and dependable.  Also for me personally I have had excellent after market support from them,  one of the reason I still buy from them. 

That being said they are extremely expensive for what you get, the cheapest place to buy RS currently in the UK is land warrior for £445.99 they use to be £350.  The internals are dated no QC gear box, except on the type 97 &97b.  

The wood furniture used is the same Chinese chiu wood on the real Type 56,  which is prone to cracks and splits made even worse buy the fact they hollow out the stock on the 56 to accommodate another battery space so it even more likely to splits, the under folder can also brake at the locking button, and replacement external are expensive to buy.  (Although the 56-2 folding stock is one of if not the strongest airsoft AK folding mechanism currently.) 

Compared to E&L gen 2 AKs which are full steel but no where near real steel spec, standard  V3 gearbox, with QC spring feature, laminated wood furniture on those models that have it and currently very economical priced  £283.20 for the most expensive model they have from Gunfire, I would say that very hard to beat that.  

But the discussion on which is the best airsoft AK will go on Ad nauseam, however I see more LCT, E&l and Cyma AKs then Real Sword at skirmishes. 

@HuttArmouries 👋

I’m curious what E&L model you will get?

I have 2 E&L models and I’m planning to get a LCT version, to compare them with my other versions? 🔫🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

2 minutes ago, GAMBLE said:

@HuttArmouries 👋

I’m curious what E&L model you will get?

I have 2 E&L models and I’m planning to get a LCT version, to compare them with my other versions? 🔫🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

Most likely the akm with the underfolding stock. 

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, HuttArmouries said:

Nah 74 with solid stock and the side rail so you can drop a pk-a on there....

1 hour ago, HuttArmouries said:

Ugh, underfolder. The ginger step child of the AK family 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, E21A said:

Ugh, underfolder. The ginger step child of the AK family 

although the aims coathanger is probably a close second.

7 hours ago, osteoshot said:

Ive owned 5 LCT's and one E&L

i only have one AK left and its an E&L 

I would agree that LCT are slightly easier to work on

E&L do feel different but it's marginal, which used to make it easier to choose the LCT based on price.

If the prices are now similar and if the variant you desire is made by both I would pick the E&L 

Out of curiosity why did you keep the E&L over the LCT? I'm assuming that you found the quality superior given the E&L is the one you opted to keep?

7 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

afaik isn't the main difference between lct/e&l is that e&l is closer to RS spec whereas lct is closer to airsoft spec (for things like handguards, stocks etc)

tbh from what i've seen they're both perfectly good.

It was my understanding that the LCT was closer to RS spec due to the thickness of steel used by E&L being significantly more, at least when it comes to this sort of thing.

10 hours ago, HuttArmouries said:

Im not all that concerned with having something which is 100% real spec which is why I left real sword out as an option due to the price. By the looks of it ill be going for an e&l

Then why not get a higher end CYMA?

The CM048s is the AKMS (underfolder)

From reviews I've seen its stamped steel and shoots very well.

I'm planning to get one.

I'll compare it to my LCKS74

13 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Out of curiosity why did you keep the E&L over the LCT? I'm assuming that you found the quality superior given the E&L is the one you opted to keep?

Lots of reasons, the E&L was the model variant I like the most

but 

gen2 platinum internals 

1 piece cylinder and head,

the steel hop unit that bolts to the front of the gearbox

stock motor is better than LCT 

magwell spacer comes as standard and not a clip in rattling afterthought

the muzzle threads with locking plunger match my accessories Belgian 4 piece and pbs-4

whilst I like LCT and still own an Sr-3m in an equal choice where model and price are the same the E&L gets my vote,  I know it is a poor description but when you hold both there is a slight difference and the E&L is more convincing at pretending to be a "real" AK 

Guest Airsoft J2

I've been really impressed with my E&L. Performance is great, I've been able to add a handguard and top rail without too much drama and it...works.

It's a bit fussy on mags but I stick to E&L mags now and it's a great gun. Range and accuracy are really good - I'd get another one.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Airsoft J2 said:

I've been really impressed with my E&L. Performance is great, I've been able to add a handguard and top rail without too much drama and it...works.

It's a bit fussy on mags but I stick to E&L mags now and it's a great gun. Range and accuracy are really good - I'd get another one.

Ive found cyma's midcaps seem to work in anything if you give em good ammo.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.