Sourcing Real Steel Parts

Macv276

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

For those who use real steel parts on their airsoft guns:

Where are you sourcing them from? I know Brownells UK are the go to, but I think their prices are extortionate to say the least. The sight set I'm looking at is a full £80 more expensive on there 😡 plus on 'backorder' 

Tried the usual suspects in the US: Midway, Cheaper than Dirt, Daniel Defense themselves but no UK shipping. Even tried Canadian stores but again, no international shipments. 

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Depends on what your after, but for AK parts there places like Cold war collectables, Zib militaria, ComBloc market on reddit just to name a few  for AK/Comblock weapon parts.

There also  milweb they list a lot of UK dealers of deacts who deal in surplus parts as well: https://www.milweb.net/dealers.php?catID=16

39 minutes ago, Macv276 said:

For those who use real steel parts on their airsoft guns:

Where are you sourcing them from? I know Brownells UK are the go to, but I think their prices are extortionate to say the least. The sight set I'm looking at is a full £80 more expensive on there 😡 plus on 'backorder' 

Tried the usual suspects in the US: Midway, Cheaper than Dirt, Daniel Defense themselves but no UK shipping. Even tried Canadian stores but again, no international shipments. 

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Be careful ordering from the states. Even if you're ordering legal parts, it might trigger in any one of the various systems used for surveillance and earn you a visit from the police. Try to source within the UK if at all possible. 

@Macv276  Check out the ITAR regulations, that is why US companies can’t ship here to individuals.

The regulations have been changed recently, so the export process is less onerous, but that is still the reason Brownells are expensive.  They have to go through lots of hoops to get the parts out of the US.

You might want to try looking to Europe if you don’t want to use Brownells.

The only restrictions on importing or owning firearms parts in the UK, without being an RFD or having the correct FAC, is on pressure bearing parts (like barrels, bolts, silencers etc). You can import anything else you, it’s just the US won’t allow it to be exported privately.

1 hour ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Be careful ordering from the states. Even if you're ordering legal parts, it might trigger in any one of the various systems used for surveillance and earn you a visit from the police. Try to source within the UK if at all possible. 

This happened to be a few years ago when I ordered some RS paraphernalia to help with a Systema PTW build and incidentally I ordered from US Brownells too. It was flagged up with customs and I received a visit from the local constabulary (2 uniform and one plain clothes). After I showed them what I needed the parts for and tea and biscuits they were happy and let customs subsequently release the parts to me... Needless to say I won't be making the same niave mistake again.....  

On 22/05/2020 at 15:15, AlphaBear said:

This happened to be a few years ago when I ordered some RS paraphernalia to help with a Systema PTW build and incidentally I ordered from US Brownells too. It was flagged up with customs and I received a visit from the local constabulary (2 uniform and one plain clothes). After I showed them what I needed the parts for and tea and biscuits they were happy and let customs subsequently release the parts to me... Needless to say I won't be making the same niave mistake again.....  

To be fair, I've never had an issue with Brownells in the UK, even ordering 1911 magazines for Re-enactment. 

The fact police are doing that is a touch 1984 though... 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.