Gg Warthog 12' Casing Problem

Newbie_27

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have owned my G&G Warthog 12" for about 2 years (second hand with no issues).

I now have free time and decided to give it a clean/lick of paint so took off the barrel casing (the thing where you put laser pointers/grips on etc (rail?)).

After I was finished I put it back and tried to put the screws in, but the thread has worn so one would not fit. Not only that, the other two screws are smaller and don't secure the casing in any way, I think the previous owner may have used different screws which is why they don't fit and the other wore away the thread.

I was wondering if anyone knew a way to secure it in place (have tried to re-thread the holes with a slightly larger screw, but it's a shallow hole so new screws stick out)

Depending on how technically capable you are, you could try a helicoil type thread repair kit for the knackered hole and source some correctly sized screws for the spots you describe as ‘too small’  By too small, what dimension are you talking about, the screw length, head diameter, thread size, shaft diameter?

if you want to try googling for original sizes, the thing they are securing is called a handguard or rail and they are most likely called handguard or rail retention screws. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.