Gg Gc16 M4 Sub Carbine and Accessories

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Make/brand:   G&G GC16 300 BOT M4 boxed with high cap mag

Any accessories included:  Blackhawk single point sling, two front grips, red dot, folding lense protector, 3 x mid cap magazines 

I will be putting my M4 sub compact for sale, probably at the weekend. It's a G&G GC16 300 BOT, with one grey metal high capacity mag (450 I think)  bought at the end of last year or beginning of this from Zero One (can't quite remember) and has been skirmished once, for three hours at the Mill indoor cqb site. See pictures below.

Reason for sale. I have three aegs, two of which will have to go, since I have had surgery after an accident and have a disability which makes skirmishing extremely inadvisable. I got together a lot of airsoft stuff which I have never used and will now have to sell most of it.

It has a metal receiver and front rail ,  is probably internally the same as a Combat Master, although some say the GC16 series have some internal improvements over the CM16s. I have no idea. It is the only gun in my collection which has been skirmished, and performed well in cqb. Unfortunately it took a hit at close range on the dust cover, which is a fairly thin metal, which left a dent. That didn't bother me unduly at the time but it may bother others. I suppose the part could be replaced easily enough or the dent knocked out, but guns can't stay pristine for ever. Were it not for the dent  I would be advertising the gun as mint. And indeed the externals look great.

It has been used three times, twice for zeroing in and plinking  with a red dot at my local indoor airgun range, and once at the Mill, and I have only used a nimh battery. So the internals have barely had a work out. It is a no frills gun; the charging handle is for show  although it does move, and you have to use your finger nail to open the dust cover. I couldn't care less about those things, but others might. I wanted a metal gun. It is a handily short, nice looking, pointable  and accurate gun, ideal for cqb. The metal gives it some weight but not a lot and you could carry it all day without getting tired. This aeg goes for £220-230 new.

Included with it is a Blackhawk single point sling (non bungee), which I took off after 10 minutes of cqb because it was unnecessary for indoor cab, and that is also in mint condition. I paid £25  for it from Tactical Kit, but they are reduced to £20 at the moment. The front pistol grips I added are generic Chinese ones which look good and works well. Can't remember what I paid for them, but it was probably about £10-15 each.  

It comes with three black metal mid cap magazines. The mags are black metal 140 round capacity, and cost just over £20 each. They have followers which ensure all bbs are pushed out. I believe the followers can be removed, but I like them since they ensure that every bb is loaded. Some people don't like G&G mid caps but they behaved perfectly for me at the airgun range. They have all been primed and I have never put silicone oil down them. They are in mint condition. . 

The red dot is a generic Chinese one bought from Hong Kong. I paid £29 for it and it seems to work fine..

So I could use some advice. Gun with high cap mag, in its original box with instructions and cleaning rod, plus sling and two front pistol grips, three mid cap metal mags, a red dot and folding lense protector which bolts on the rail in front of the red dot  (not shown - cost about £12). In total about £370 worth. Unfortunate dent but otherwise you would think it just came out of the box. Would £165 be too much, too little or about right?. I couldn't post it at that price, because box size and weight would mean about £20 postage.  But there may be people in the north west who could collect.

I could also sell it without the red dot and protector for £15 less. .  

I would appreciate your advice. 

Pictures: 

IMG_1660.thumb.jpg.3a93e1f98eaac79930c6e1df3984e7f1.jpgIMG_1660.thumb.jpg.3a93e1f98eaac79930c6e1df3984e7f1.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

Could anybody help me with an opinion?

In normal times the rule of thumb was two thirds of the price new.

But these aren't normal times. That is why my I put my initial valuation at less than 50%. Is that too low, just about right, or are the chances of selling things remote at the moment? 

• 5 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.