Feeding Issue

Jimbodini42

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

Rebuilt JG MP5K and it’s all together nice... but doesn’t shoot. 

Tried with 6 different mags and different bbs. It shoots air out and the bbs seemingly go into the hop-up from the magazine well as they fall out once mag is out. 

Any ideas? 

• Supporters

Imma say either tappet plate isnt retracting far enough (or the nozzle is too long) or the feed lips on the hop rubber are protruding in too far and blocking bb's.

I saw from your other thread that you changed the hop rubber.  Its probably too long and stopping the BBs from going all the way up to feed.

Look into the feeding tube of the hop unit and see if it looks completely open at the end.   You might see a bit of the hop rubber past the edge.

On 20/05/2020 at 10:20, EDcase said:

I saw from your other thread that you changed the hop rubber.  Its probably too long and stopping the BBs from going all the way up to feed.

Look into the feeding tube of the hop unit and see if it looks completely open at the end.   You might see a bit of the hop rubber past the edge.

I’ll check - thanks! I put the original back on but could have pulled it too far perhaps. 

On 20/05/2020 at 09:31, Adolf Hamster said:

Imma say either tappet plate isnt retracting far enough (or the nozzle is too long) or the feed lips on the hop rubber are protruding in too far and blocking bb's.

What is the tappet plate 😂? Is it the fire selector plate that moves across the gearbox? 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Jimbodini42 said:

What is the tappet plate 😂? Is it the fire selector plate that moves across the gearbox? 

tappet plate is the part inside the gearbox that draws the nozzle back to feed.

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

tappet plate is the part inside the gearbox that draws the nozzle back to feed.

Ah! I get you now. Hope it’s not because the trigger mechanism was so stupid I’d hate to have to try to get it back together after having to take it apart to sort 

• Supporters
52 minutes ago, Jimbodini42 said:

Ah! I get you now. Hope it’s not because the trigger mechanism was so stupid I’d hate to have to try to get it back together after having to take it apart to sort 

as EDcase points out if you've changed the hop rubber recently that should be the first place to look.

Ok

So I’ve checked the rubber and from what I can see it’s fine, as is the nub. 

Took the whole lot, minus the gearbox to bits and carefully reassembled. 

It now dry fires perfectly both on semi and full, sounds fine and definitely pumps out air from the barrel. 

However now it shoots one, maybe two bbs on full auto, keeps shooting out air for 4 shots or so and then shoots another one or two bbs. Same with semi and occasionally locks when switched to semi and trigger pulled. 

Sometimes as well the bbs almost fall out of the barrel as opposed to shooting out. 

Haven’t got a clue! 

It’s currently got an old spring in... got the gearbox from someone selling me a stock originally but had a MP5K in bits and it had a mosfet so thought I’d use that gearbox and when I’d asked about the spring he wasn’t sure what power it was. So wondering now if it’s just fact spring is nackered??? 

Thanks for any help! 

Had gearbox to bits, hop to bits and even checked the mags in another MP5. 

Still not feeding! Shoots one in every 4 or so. 

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Briareos said:

If you get sick of it and descide to sell perhaps ping me a message. 👍🏻

Just throwing it out there 👍🏻 

Might be the case. Having one more go and then if still doesn’t work gonna ask for quotes for a techie having a look but can’t see me wanting to pay their price 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.