Ground Zero Idiocy

EvilMonkee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, osteoshot said:

others have stated on this very site in the past that if they blinded a player because inferior eye pro was worn they would not lose a wink of sleep

Often the same dicks that won't consider making a bang kill, in case it gets used against them in some quick draw crap.

I'm like "bitch, it's a game, get over yourself"

I'll wait for a game, as long as it takes, as they say:

"Fools rush where angels fear to tread" 😇

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Often the same dicks that won't consider making a bang kill, in case it gets used against them in some quick draw crap.

i kind of subscribe to the opinion that if they can quick draw and shoot you then it wasn't a valid bang kill to begin with.

works out about even, you get the other type who'll insist shouting bang from the other end of the site should always count.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i kind of subscribe to the opinion that if they can quick draw and shoot you then it wasn't a valid bang kill to begin with.

works out about even, you get the other type who'll insist shouting bang from the other end of the site should always count.

That's why I'll refer to my earlier quote 😏

unnamed.jpg

i know plenty of sites that don't operate the bang rule but have a "tap on the shoulder". which seems fine. spent years as a child pointing sticks and saying "bang", not keen on going back thank you very much!!!! not to mention that seemingly the majority of american youtube rage videos start with an argument about the bang kill. 

6 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

i know plenty of sites that don't operate the bang rule but have a "tap on the shoulder". which seems fine. spent years as a child pointing sticks and saying "bang", not keen on going back thank you very much!!!! not to mention that seemingly the majority of american youtube rage videos start with an argument about the bang kill. 

I prefer to do it as 2 rules:

Surrender & tag

They are the source of arguments, but the rules ought to be clear:

Surrender is an option:

You get close up and choose to be nice, asking for surrender.

They are able to decline and shoot back.

If they don’t accept you need to be ready to shoot them.

I don’t set minimum engagement rules, so if surrender isn’t accepted it’s valid to shoot.

Arguments occur - but if you offer the option to surrender you ought to be willing to enforce it, if you don’t want to risk being shot up close then step back and shoot first.

Tag is a kill:

(Knife kill, barrel tag, tap on shoulder etc)

If you approach someone and can touch them -  then you have a valid kill.

Arguments also occur - usually because  the victim gets their pants in a twist as they are so ‘awesome’ that it’s impossible to tag them so there must have been cheating 

Most arguments on these are because one of the player just didn’t like the outcome (because they are awesome or because the target decided to shoot) or players are not paying attention to the rules - not listening to the brief or reading info packs.

Compulsory bang kills / surrenders at minimum engagement can be a cause too - not complying to the distance, or not judging the distance.

If everyone is a big boy/big girl, and there aren’t special factors such as young rentals then I prefer to avoid minimum engagement.

Any rule set that I produce has surrender and tag rules in place by default, unless it’s unsuitable for the game.

eg I disallow them in our Battle Royale series .... but I did allow one surrender 

In the first seconds two players met face to face around a corner as I watched by the door.

They both yelped, only one was armed, the other just said ‘surrender’ and stepped out.

I couldn't blame him

On 18/05/2020 at 15:53, DerDer said:

Saw in another thread, someone suggested skirmishing in June might be optimistic. 

Reckon there might be some truth to that, July might be more realistic.  

I hope so I’m gagging for my first game!

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious, are GZ/Z1 still owned by the same guy who thought it was legal to convert a deactivated L85 in to an Airsoft? And used to let the marshals drive the "safety vehicle" while smoking weed? 

On 21/05/2020 at 18:39, Noobmaster69 said:

I hope so I’m gagging for my first game!

Yeah, getting a bit restless myself.

See a few sites  plan on opening this month. I'm leaving it till July myself. 

Figure by then some of the teething issues should be sorted out. Also more time to obsessively tinker with the Aegs. 

I looking forward to my first game I been buying my gear in this rubbish time I just miss to things now a scope for my l96 and eye Protection  

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Armydude said:

I looking forward to my first game I been buying my gear in this rubbish time I just miss to things now a scope for my l96 and eye Protection  

Good eyepro should have been one of the first things you bought, not nagging but at the end of the day all we need is a working gun & eyepro, everything else is mainly cosmetic.

On a personal note, I always carry a spare set in game, one solid lenses & one decent mesh set in case the fogging gets silly.🤓

2 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Who the fuck are the UKPSF?

UK Paintball federation

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Who the fuck are the UKPSF?

UK paintball sports federation

The UKPSF are the body for paintball in the UK, recognised by the Home Office and representing industry, retailers and players.

More detailed information on getting ready to reopen has been sent to UKPSF site members.

Many airsoft sites are also paintball sites, so would have the detail.

This was the latest information last night with confirmation of the status of these types of activity and the latest government guidance as in the subsequent links

• Supporters

Anyone got a screencap of what was meant to be in the thread OP?  I figured the jist is the GZ were planning on running games and to hell with the consequences, but there's something so intriguing about posts that later get taken down by the publishers.

1 hour ago, TheFull9 said:

Anyone got a screencap of what was meant to be in the thread OP?  I figured the jist is the GZ were planning on running games and to hell with the consequences, but there's something so intriguing about posts that later get taken down by the publishers.

I only have a screen shot of the opening post, and the text of the withdrawal.

I don’t have the ongoing thread.

For contrast there is the closing down post  in March and the reopening/withdrawal  posts.

Quote of the withdrawal:

"The decision to run a game at Ground Zero Airsoft was taken after reading guidelines to businesses published on the 15th May, and was misinterpreted as there was no mention that there was still a limit imposed on the number of people that should meet together in public or private areas to participate in them.

We were going to split the site into 4 large areas, and run teams of 15 people fighting against each other so we could effectively socially distance the players from each other, along with operational changes to stop groups having to cluster together for any reason.

However, after reading the document aimed at people rather than businesses it is quite clear that it is not appropriate to run a game at the moment until the government lift this ban.
Since the post this morning, I have been unable to speak to the owner, but he has just called me now and as soon as I informed him of our mistake he immediately told me to cancel the game.

I was unable to update the Facebook community about what was happening until talking to him as it would probably have just deteriorated into name calling and negative comments with some of the people using rather toxic language to try and get their point across and the post would have got lost in the mire.

I understand that people feel strongly about this, but the same result would have been achieved by being polite.

I would like to thank anyone who pointed the documents out to us in a professional manner and we can only apologise for the confusion and distress that we may have caused."

54EFD3D1-6CDC-43DC-B0D3-0DDF6975A630.jpeg

C2C1D450-8545-4DE6-9803-377E47F4D842.jpeg

Interested in people's attitudes now.

as a key worker I have become aware of a distinct change in public attitude over the last 2 weeks.

Conversations generally start Initially with virtue signalling almost as a programmed response supporting the govt/nhs and then very quickly after a distinct lack of tolerance for lockdown.

the only two general groups I have seen that are strongly supportive of a continued lockdown are those generally elderly who could be at risk if they contract Covid and those who are more than happy to remain furloughed on 80% wages.

given the economic pressure all round and the inevitable deep recession, at some point the govt will have to make a call and say it's safe to play Airsoft along with everything else that is currently unsafe one day and then deemed safe the next.

my rambling point being its no safer the day before lockdown as it is the day after just when it's deemed acceptable risk to the health service.

Given we are all waiting to go pew pew will you go out the day after you are legally allowed to? Or wait to see if a second wave occurs and then wait some more because you really do care about the risk to others? 

Desperate for a game, but would rather be kicking about to meet my grandkids if I ever have any 👍

Im happy to wait a while and live longer , both me and my friends & fam 

1 minute ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Desperate for a game, but would rather be kicking about to meet my grandkids if I ever have any 👍

Im happy to wait a while and live longer , both me and my friends & fam 

Wait for what was the point I made poorly, just interested in what the tipping point is ?

I'd probably say see if/when the 2nd wave happens and any trends.

Some of the UK public don't help themselves as well - in mid lockdown I saw a group of about 5-6 "yoofs", trying to be all hard and loutish (as hard as you can be in the middle of rural upper middle class buckinghamshire)  sitting in a marked off playground sharing a NOS balloon. So in the middle on a pandemic, they are literally inhaling each others spit...

4 hours ago, rj1986 said:

I'd probably say see if/when the 2nd wave happens and any trends.

Some of the UK public don't help themselves as well - in mid lockdown I saw a group of about 5-6 "yoofs", trying to be all hard and loutish (as hard as you can be in the middle of rural upper middle class buckinghamshire)  sitting in a marked off playground sharing a NOS balloon. So in the middle on a pandemic, they are literally inhaling each others spit...

Things like this I just wonder: what is going through your head? Some people think that they're so low risk it shouldn't affect them but they fail to consider that they can spread it. Selfishness of just plain idiocy?

21 minutes ago, Splodge said:

Things like this I just wonder: what is going through your head? Some people think that they're so low risk it shouldn't affect them but they fail to consider that they can spread it. Selfishness of just plain idiocy?

Only time will tell, however given the unfairness of Darwinian theory of natural selection these yoofs by their actions could possibly have established themselves inadvertently as the genetically successful.

how gutting would that feel?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.