Ground Zero Idiocy

EvilMonkee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

20 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Read here 

Just been reading this, insane that people are defending it because "you can be 2m away from someone to shoot them". Give me strength. 

• Supporters

Never played GZ & frankly have never wanted to, only ever really ever heard negative shit about the place, now I've got another reason to give it a miss.

I hope the plod do shut it down.🕵️

2 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Most people are calling it out for the stupidity it is.  They will no longer see a penny of my money 

1 minute ago, Tackle said:

Never played GZ & frankly have never wanted to, only ever really ever heard negative shit about the place, now I've got another reason to give it a miss.

I agree, wont go there now. Ever. 

I'm currently discussing with someone on the thread, their view is that its safer to go to airsoft with 100+ people, than to go to a supermarket where you spend max an hour and have to go to buy food. Bizarre.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I agree, wont go there now. Ever. 

I'm currently discussing with someone on the thread, their view is that its safer to go to airsoft with 100+ people, than to go to a supermarket where you spend max an hour and have to go to buy food. Bizarre.

thats bollocks!, i go into the shops , no Q, get what we need and go home, following what guidelines are set out etc., ive only had to Q one, and that was week one!, hope your winning!!:lol::lol:

unless this is 'sanctioned' by Boris, this shouldn't be going ahead, even the schools are not back yet, and thats only a maybe. Im sure though, there will be people who just dont give a damn and will attend as they know best, dont know people who are on the front line or have lost family members to this....quick someone email the question to the news conference and see if it gets a reply!!!:lol:

on another note, GMA are looking to mobilise when they can safely and given the green light, limiting game types and players, and enforcing SD measures....im sure others will look to it as well, but not this weekend

Edit

im not on face book but an interesting read .:lol:

Edited by djben9
edit....

Saw in another thread, someone suggested skirmishing in June might be optimistic. 

Reckon there might be some truth to that, July might be more realistic.  

https://imgur.com/a/KEC8l6V

7 minutes ago, djben9 said:

thats bollocks!, i go into the shops , no Q, get what we need and go home, following what guidelines are set out etc., ive only had to Q one, and that was week one!, hope your winning!!:lol::lol:

unless this is 'sanctioned' by Boris, this shouldn't be going ahead, even the schools are not back yet, and thats only a maybe. Im sure though, there will be people who just dont give a damn and will attend as they know best, dont know people who are on the front line or have lost family members to this....quick someone email the question to the news conference and see if it gets a reply!!!:lol:

on another note, GMA are looking to mobilise when they can safely and given the green light, limiting game types and players, and enforcing SD measures....im sure others will look to it as well, but not this weekend

Edit

im not on face book but an interesting read .:lol:

• Supporters

On the subject of covid precautions etc, my 85yo mother in law fell ill yesterday, with what first presented as a possible stroke, so ambulance called, upon arrival the crew were insistent that she needs to attend hospital, even though she had started to show signs of recovery, but they insisted it could be a warning of an "imminent neurological event", but assured us that she'll be safe at Kent & Canterbury hosp, as all covid cases are being sent to William Harvey hospital in Ashford.

So she reluctantly agreed to go, on her own because of covid precautions.

Over two hours later we finally managed to get through to her mobile, only for her to tell us that she'd been dropped at William Harvey hospital, left unattended in a waiting area & surrounded by other patients, most of which not wearing any ppe & definitely not following social distancing guidelines, at one point she literally had a guy sitting so close he was touching her arm.

& Throughout this no members of staff attended to her to ensure the forewarned "neurological event" wasn't about to happen.

Add to this Ashford has the third highest infection rate in the country by capita, so not somewhere you want to end up if your sick.

Needless to say we were furious, covered the 22 miles to the hospital in about 15 minutes - dragged her out, after throwing a few fucks in to the staff there, not something I would usually do but we were furious, we've been taking every precaution to keep family members safe, only to have them put at risk by lazy & incompetent staff.

Sorry for the rambling post, but the moral of this is if we can't trust the hospitals to do right by us, how can we trust money motivated Airsoft sites to do the right thing 😠

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Robert James said:

What's this about you & your tits 😜

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

It would be a shame if somebody reported it.

"Safety briefs will be handed to you in your car"

I'm assuming they'll be getting thrown in through the window from a safe distance?

• Supporters

Was just reading the thread. I don't think they expected that to turn into a dumpster fire quite so quickly!

4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Was just reading the thread. I don't think they expected that to turn into a dumpster fire quite so quickly!

One of the few reasons I'm still on Facebook - owners groups, messenger to keep in contact with some mates and shit shows like that thread. Nothing like some nice light reading to keep you entertained during lockdown :D

• Supporters
Just now, Shaydee said:

One of the few reasons I'm still on Facebook - owners groups, messenger to keep in contact with some mates and shit shows like that thread. Nothing like some nice light reading to keep you entertained during lockdown :D

Same!

I think one of the issues is that the information given by the government has been vague to put it mildly, leaving many businesses simply without the clarity they need to make informed decisions. The obvious progression of this government generated ambiguity, is that a number of businesses are treating it as a green light so long as they put in place certain attempts at precautions. The smarter businesses are still treating it as though the infection risk means that all quarantine precautions remain in place. At least until the government explicitly states otherwise.

If anything this serves to highlight the potential issues generated by the fact that politicians are incapable of actually giving a straight answer, hell you'd have more success trying to nail a live eel to a plank.

Hopefully common sense prevails on this one but only time will tell. Let's face it, it speaks volumes about the general public when you have crowds protesting outside parliament claiming that Covid-19 is nothing but a government conspiracy and that there isn't really any epidemic.

I am somewhat reassured by the communities collective response to this - there is always 1 or 2 idiots but 90% of the comments have been condemnatory

2 hours ago, Heath said:

I'm assuming they'll be getting thrown in through the window from a safe distance?

I guess they are using a master paper plane thrower for this part of the briefing !! 🤗

Seriously how desperate can they be to put their customers and even staff at risk for a chance to go pew pew for a few quid or anyone actually stupid enough to pay over money knowing that the likelihood of the old bill shutting it down ?

/amazed 

2 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

I think one of the issues is that the information given by the government has been vague to put it mildly, leaving many businesses simply without the clarity they need to make informed decisions. The obvious progression of this government generated ambiguity, is that a number of businesses are treating it as a green light so long as they put in place certain attempts at precautions. The smarter businesses are still treating it as though the infection risk means that all quarantine precautions remain in place. At least until the government explicitly states otherwise.

What really doesn't help is the Government saying one thing is prohibited, and the only home nation that appears to have done anything to even begin the process of implementing legislation that affects events, appears to be Scotland.

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, typefish said:

the only home nation that appears to have done anything to even begin the process of implementing legislation that affects events, appears to be Scotland.

Who ever expected Jimmy Kranky to get something right 😂 

Nicola-Jim-463550.jpeg

1 hour ago, typefish said:

What really doesn't help is the Government saying one thing is prohibited, and the only home nation that appears to have done anything to even begin the process of implementing legislation that affects events, appears to be Scotland.

Wrong, there is legislation in place giving the Police powers

33 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Who ever expected Jimmy Kranky to get something right 😂 

Nicola-Jim-463550.jpeg

If Nicola Sturgeon dressed up like that I might actually vote for her....

Let them open if people want to go get ill that there choose 

money or life think wisely

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.