Newb Looking for a Gun

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Haha! I'm a speccy too, fog really pisses me off mid game.

Ive run Smith optics, bastardised Bolles yada yada, being an active player, if I come to a halt fog is inevitable.

I find the problem is my specs fog rather than the goggs.

Mesh sorts this, plus it's not reflective so super stealthy.

5 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Haha! I'm a speccy too, fog really pisses me off mid game.

Ive run Smith optics, bastardised Bolles yada yada, being an active player, if I come to a halt fog is inevitable.

Mesh sorts this, plus it's not reflective so super stealthy.

Preach! Yea definitely the specs that go. 

21 hours ago, RonLancs said:

Hi mate, 

Be under no illusion those goggles do steam up. Especially in CQB indoors. Not too bad outdoors as you’re running around a lot more. 

I bit the BB and went for an Ex-Fog system and not regretted it. 

If you’re wondering what Ex-Fog is then: 

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/exfog-antifog-system-t-band

They’re about 90 big ones but if you run hot like me then they’re a must.

You never know you might be one of those guys who “don’t fog up” but I’ve yet to meet one. (Yes even you Bolle wearers ;)

I’d say fogging in my personal opinion WAS Airsoft’s biggest problem from the average players point of view but it’s easily avoided.

You just need to decide if that £90 burning a hole in your pocket is worth never fogging. And I mean, I’ve not fogged once with the aforementioned system and would / could not play without it. 

AA9496EA-4976-450E-90F4-B0695C115171.jpeg

9C0B57C6-387E-47A2-8A9E-3509532AF77E.jpeg

FBA1BF84-6770-48F7-AE66-40F4AE481678.jpeg

1A5E7F3E-DD82-4191-B9FF-84F4B87609B1.jpeg

So only had the account for 3 days and somehow won’t log me back in so had to make another account contacted people but with no luck and never get a email to reset! 

• Head Moderator
18 hours ago, Noobmaster69 said:

So only had the account for 3 days and somehow won’t log me back in so had to make another account contacted people but with no luck and never get a email to reset! 

email directly to [email protected] and provide details so the Adminstrator can check and your reset your password if required, and then delete the second account.  And no, it will not be an immediate response.

On 19/05/2020 at 20:19, Davegolf said:

if I come to a halt fog is inevitable.

My exact problem - if I’m moving about then no issue but any time I’ve set up my tent and camping a objective then the fog starts up on specs but the twin fans soon sort that out :P

@Davegolf as I said in a earlier post (first pages with a piccie) it was some goggle’s off amazon “Military Alpha Ballistic Goggles” and a couple of “WINSINN 25mm Fan 5V Hydraulic Bearing Brushless” again from amazon held down by a couple of sachets of sugru mouldable glue either side as one wasn’t enough to stop slight vibrations which I could hear but after thickening up the sugru to two sachets a side it’s only a whisper and with a switchable battery box I turn on and off as needed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

While I agree with a lot of the advice above, to answer your OP; I use A2 Airsoft Supplies as they are my local supplier, but SOCOM Tactical and Dave's Custom Airsoft are also reliable (Daves for more advanced stuff I would suggest?).

For what it's worth, as a suggestion I would go for either an Ares M4 dirivitive or a Nuprol M4 derivative. 

I am not 100% sure why others seem so down on Nuprol AEGs, but I assume this is because they had a bad reputation about 5-10 years back? A friend of mine bought one of the 'new' Nuprol M4 dirivitives when I started about two years ago. It's really nice, snappy, shoots well and is a relatively inexpensive unit that works well with lots of different mags. My mates Nuprol has not skipped a beat in 2 years. 

By comparison, I did the opposite of what a lot of people suggested when I asked a similar question when I started out and jumped straight in by getting a Tokyo Marui HK416. While its is a good AEG and has worked perfectly since I got it, its also nearly three times the cost of a Nuprol equivalent (once you have bought a few mags). My 416 does not shoot noticeably better in terms of range or accuracy. Their new range (that my mate got) seems very good from what I have seen heard in my mates one and I think if I had my time again I would go for the Nuprol my mate got.

In terms of Ares, I dont have one myself (yet - waiting for lockdown to end), but I have heard nothing but good things about them. Also relatively inexpensive. I am quite looking forward to getting my little compact AM007 (although I would suggest you get a full length AEG not a compact).

Hope this helps?

-S

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.