Tokyo Marui's New Models

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I came on this morning expecting there to already be a thread but couldn't find anything, so what's the general consensus on desirability? 

To recap:

- Gen.4 Glock 17 that we already knew about will be available at the end of the month. 

- Two new "concealed carry" Non Blowback models. The Ruger LCP and M&P Shield Bodyguard (the latter looks to have a laser/light built in). 

- FN FNX-45 soon to be available in black. I think someone on here has already dyed one? 

Does anyone plan to pick any of these up? What would you rather have seen? 

FB_IMG_1589613986336.jpg

FB_IMG_1589613996641.jpg

FB_IMG_1589613980526.jpg

FB_IMG_1589613977545.jpg

FB_IMG_1589614390249.jpg

Knew about the Ruger from the teaser. I would have had it regardless of gindan, spring, nbb or gbb. I did suspect a nbb though. Those tiny guns are mine. A lot of people seem wounded though. 

IMG_20200515_163051_647.jpg

I may get the glock.

Would be cool to see a recoil mp5, a 1:1 AEG/GBB mp7 and a GBB mk23.

I know they're Marui but if those tiny NBB's are more than £100, they're massively overpriced.

Just now, John_W said:

If they shoot like the MK23, it might be worth it...

If they shoot like the MK23, Marui should be investigated for cruelty to hop fairies.

According to a friend I asked as he knows a bit of Japanese. No mention of adjustable hop. Although I've shimmed fixed hops to lift heavier bbs. Mention of more compact nbb models based on the system. The M&P hasn't got a laser. From what I see it's a fixed barrel with loading nozzle in the mag. Price will be 6300yen about £50.

Meh. Not for me.

the fnx looks cool but there’s far too many pistols on the market already.

A recoil mp7 Aeg would have been a good idea

On 17/05/2020 at 08:57, Cromulon1994 said:

An ar18 would be nice, Mariu could piss one of those out.

I'm surprised that they haven't made one, seeing as the RS was built under license by HOWA Machinery in Japan and was the basis for the Type 89.

34 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I'm surprised that they haven't made one, seeing as the RS was built under license by HOWA Machinery in Japan and was the basis for the Type 89.

There are stories told that TM have mock ups for many guns but what gets made is dictated by what they think will sell in Japan.

I know a lot of people here love Tokyo Marui and I had an old TM M4 I loved and tried some of their more recent guns, but I have to say they just seem a bit boring. The innovation for me would be seeing their own designs come out, variants yes, but also homebrew Japanese cyber kit, or cold war era adaptations... stuff that isn't the same old weapons. Just my take on "latest" releases.

I definitely get where you're coming from.

Without going off on a tangent, after having a SCAR L NGRS I do feel they're a bit overrated, don't get me wrong it's a great gun but not convinced it warrants the price tag at 290fps stock and no mosfet etc.

16 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I definitely get where you're coming from.

Without going off on a tangent, after having a SCAR L NGRS I do feel they're a bit overrated, don't get me wrong it's a great gun but not convinced it warrants the price tag at 290fps stock and no mosfet etc.

While I can't defend the lack of a MOSFET, the reason behind the FPS is due to the guns being made purely for the Japanese market. Tokyo Marui don't actually export any of their guns, this is done by independent exporters which may go someway to explaining the pricing but this is pure speculation as I don't have Japanese prices to compare it to.

As a final point, while they may only push out around 290fps they frequently out range and out shoot much higher FPS competitors simply due to product quality and their quality control standards.

For me the biggest let down with Tokyo Marui is that they haven't revisited and updated their old guns. I suspect they would see increased sales for older model NGRS systems such as their AK74-M and G36 line if they were updated to include the stop on empty feature which the NGRS is known for.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.