Tm 5.1 Slide Not Travelling Fully to the Rear.

Nicayu

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As above really.

New airsoft masterpiece aluminium Limcat Battlecat slide for a TM 5.1 Hi Capa Gold Match, the pistol is shooting but the slide is not travelling fully to the rear and therefore will not lock back when the mag is empty, if I rack it to the rear by hand with a mag in it will lock back.

Anyone know of any fixes

Thanks in advance

how heavy is the side compared to the original plastic slide and what gas are you using? if it's not fowling on anything most like cause is not enough gas is being released and you'll need to up grade the mag, possibly high flow valves.

When you upgraded the slide did you upgrade the recoil spring at the same time? If so try going back to the stock spring, the upgraded one might be too stiff.

What gas are you using. If you are using duster gas you may need to upgrade to green gas to get the heavier slide to cycle. You shouldn’t need more than green gas so If green gas isn’t working the slide is fowling somewhere.

The slide is quite heavy and the fit is a but closer than my other Airsoft Masterpiece ones.

I've tried with an AIP 140% recoil spring which makes the problem worse so I'm back with the stock one.

I'm using Ultra Air green gas.

I've also upgraded to a AIP 140 % nozzle spring and a CCT enhanced piston head if that makes any difference, going back to stock doesn't change things though.

12 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Change everything bar the slide back to stock. 

I did this today. No difference. I can only guess that the new slide and the lower are not a good enough fit and it's snagging somewhere.

Something that might be relevant, I did notice that on occasion the slide did lock back but not on the usual catch, on the pin release notch just before it.

Ultra Air isn’t strong enough, it’s something like halfway between duster and Nuprol2

If you check out breaking in info on Mike Cripps site (Elite Shooting Centre) he recommends 1000 rounds before major components break in properly on Hi-Capa’s

Yeah my hi cappa had some issues from new, I have barely shot anything through it (and havent had the chance :( )

It was an upgraded DOR from Mike Cripps

1 minute ago, Albiscuit said:

Yeah my hi cappa had some issues from new, I have barely shot anything through it (and havent had the chance :( )

It was an upgraded DOR from Mike Cripps

Sit in front of the TV and hand rack it all night (don’t put pressure downwards on the slide though)

I have managed to fix it.

Going with the theory that the new slide was too tight or was catching on the lower, I went to work with the file from my leatherman tool which fitted perfectly between the groves at the rear of the slide, I also lightly filed the areas of obvious wear on the lower.

Now my slide is working perfectly on the standard recoil spring. 

After a few thousand rounds I'll try the upgrade recoil spring again but no rush.

Thanks all for the help

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.