Spec a Arms Sa03 Sniper Rifle

Red911

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there guys I'm new on here so please be gentle with me, my sniper rifle has Been great all year, I took it out to give a wipe over today oil the slide rail and put a couple of BBs through it as its been weeks now with this lock down. I pulled the bolt back and nothing so I pulled it again and it shot 2 BBs WHF I've not got a clue so help would be apreciated otherwise I've got to take 40 miles round trip to where I had it from.

First I assume you mean the SA-S03 bolt action sniper rifle.

Hard to be sure without a bit more information. Do you mean on the first try nothing happened (no sound of firing) at all on pulling the trigger and then on the second time it fired 2 BBs? Assuming this to be the case and on the basis your post suggests it only happened once, my best guess is the first time you pulled the bolt back far enough to load a BB but not far enough to engage the trigger sear so the piston went forward when you closed the bolt (I.e. user error). If you are sure you pulled the bolt back far enough and keeps happening there might be an issue with the trigger sear being worn.

If it did make a sound then my next guess is a feeding issue. These are more complicated to solve. But I’d start with the magazine (do you have another you can try). Move on to the feed ram on the bolt (Is it deformed or broken) and finally look at the hop unit (feed ramp and hop rubber being most likely).

This is a bit of guess work without more info, but I’d start there.

• Supporters

i'm with cyberlawyer on this one, sounds like the sear didn't engage.

you'd notice it as the bolt will want to close on its own, ie it's under spring tension.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.