Sig P228 / P229 Configurations

Zarrin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I picked up an upper, lower and an extra 4 mags for an F228 (P228) on eBay the other day. I now have 8 mags total... can't wait to run these as primary next time I go to either GLG in Brum or Epsom tunnels.

I already had the F299R (P229 with a rail lower). But these two are essentially the same GBB with different aesthetics.

The cool thing is now I can setup my pistol into 4 different configs:

20200513_181640.thumb.jpg.dcf23681eeeea840402d65bed42e5cd5.jpg

A is classic P228, B is P229 with rail (already had this). C and D have the lowers and slides swapped.

Which config do people like - I quite like the 228 slide on the rail lower (D), has a squared off look a bit like a P250. I reckon the suppressor looks quite nice on it too.

Gonna put a 220mm crazy jet with a green Maple leaf in while running the suppressor - now I just have to decide on which config I want to do that with.. decisions, decisions :P

I may also spray the P228 slide silver so it would sort of look like Jack Bauer's carry from S1/2 of 24, though I think his slide may have been stainless, not certain.

• Supporters

I'm liking config D, although i'd go for dark earth or olive on the slide (mines olive), but of holster wear and it looks pretty good.

Suppressor might look nice but its not gonna help the cycling, especially in the cold.

Although the squared rail takes some "persuasion" to fit some holsters so you may preferr the unrailed.

This is making me want to go have another search for hop unit parts....

4 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I'm liking config D, although i'd go for dark earth or olive on the slide (mines olive), but of holster wear and it looks pretty good.

Suppressor might look nice but its not gonna help the cycling, especially in the cold.

Although the squared rail takes some "persuasion" to fit some holsters so you may preferr the unrailed.

This is making me want to go have another search for hop unit parts....

Yeah dark earth might make it look a little like the P320... or P250 again. I do like olive paint schemes tbh, everything looks good in olive...  you gotta be a sucker to splash out on an LCT G3 and get the black furniture 😛

You might be right about the suppressor, however I run the 229 on Guarder power up when green fails me, I reckon it should compensate - will have to see.

All 4 configs fit in my existing paddle holster, even with the suppressor attached (though I had to remove a mm or so of material from the sides of the base of the holster).

14 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

D is the one. Personally I much prefer the full serrations on the slide over the half height ones and I love a pistol with a chunky frame

Yeah i'm definitely leaning that way myself, that config has the squared off front of the newer sigs with the sleek curves in the grip of the older models - best of both worlds. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.