Viper VX AR Insert Too Tight.

Antny

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So as the title says, I'm finding it very hard to pull m4 mags out of the triple inserts. It's a brand new rig so I'm assuming that's partly the problem but I've heard a few other mentions of this issue. 

Anyone found a decent solution? I'm going to try and leave some mags in to see if that stretches them out a little but anyone found a better way? 

Wash them with fabric softener (no I haven't tried).

Or as you've already done, leave the mags in for a few days.

Just remember that it's a low cost, low quality insert so expect it to be stiff af.

Is this the BFG rip off or the HSGI rip off? 

There will be different solutions for each but, as Skara says, it’s a cheap thing made to minimum cost, there’s a chance that it was made a bit small. It will also probably be sized to fit the smallest mags, if you are using a polymer mag such as PTS, Hexmags or some other chunky polymer unit it will likely be snug. Time should ease it off. 

9 minutes ago, Ropeyshep said:

Is this the BFG rip off or the HSGI rip off? 

It's the Spiritus rip off.

The thing is just a piece of elastic with some velcro sewn on both sides.

I had the same problem, trying to re-index mags quickly just wasn't happening. So I had a look around for any Kydex insert options and found TMC made one for £20 (Link below)

Ended up buying some Kydex sheet's and making my own, single solid insert which works for my PTS & TM MP7 mags. Works a treat 😁

https://www.weapon762.com/holster/1770-tmc-kydex-mag-holster-insert.html

IMG_4682.jpg

IMG_4681.jpg

On 14/05/2020 at 16:40, PewPew_Blowie said:

I had the same problem, trying to re-index mags quickly just wasn't happening. So I had a look around for any Kydex insert options and found TMC made one for £20 (Link below)

Ended up buying some Kydex sheet's and making my own, single solid insert which works for my PTS & TM MP7 mags. Works a treat 😁

https://www.weapon762.com/holster/1770-tmc-kydex-mag-holster-insert.html

IMG_4682.jpg

IMG_4681.jpg

Any chance of a pic of yours with the mp7 mags? 
and would you willing/able to make another? ;) 

31 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Any chance of a pic of yours with the mp7 mags? 
and would you willing/able to make another? ;) 

Can fit 5 mags it at a squeeze, if I turn the rig upside down mags 3 & 4 fall out as this insert is a bit lose in the center (1st ever attempt) If I shake it about they all fall out due to the mags being much heavier compared to M4 mags which stay held in place when shaking.

Funnily enough I've got a few more sheets being delivered this week to make more for my other rig and a friend. Should have spare to make you one, no worries.

IMG_4724.jpg

Was just wondering as I recently got the viper vx rig with a triple insert and it seems great.

but I haveNt used it yet, and saw your point about mags being a pain to put back and got me thinking that it might be an issue when I eventually do get a game

Had a play with mine today “ooh err missus” and the quad (not triple which I thought I had DOH) Smg insert holds the mags pretty well, if I were hanging upside down and were shaken they would fall out but they hold well.

Also putting them back in is not an issue as long as there are other mags in it keeping its shape. So a kydex insert is not needed 👍

I've left 6 pmags in mine to try and stretch them out. Seems to make it easier taking them in and out. Although if left with nothing in they tend to go back to original shape pretty quick. 

• Supporters
On 14/05/2020 at 16:40, PewPew_Blowie said:

Points for ingenuity but I'll just leave this here from the Spiritus Systems website FAQ page

The elastic magazine inserts make it difficult for me to reindex magazines one-handed.

It is more difficult than Kydex, but it actually isn't difficult! Get out there and train! Also, you should be asking yourself why are you training to retain magazines this way?  Don't create a training scar that is going to get you killed by placing a broken or empty magazines into your chest rig. 

It's more so for pulling them out, they are extremely tight. I tend to run a dump pouch so empties go in there.

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

Points for ingenuity but I'll just leave this here from the Spiritus Systems website FAQ page

Luckily we're playing Airsoft! I prefer to re-index as I've lost mags when using a dump pouch before and it doesn't take much longer. My mags are also numbered on the base plates so by a quick glance I can see which was the last mag used. E.G Seeing mags 1,2 & 4 in my rig, I'll load 4 next. That's my thought process behind it anyway 😂

• Supporters
5 hours ago, PewPew_Blowie said:

Luckily we're playing Airsoft! I prefer to re-index as I've lost mags when using a dump pouch before and it doesn't take much longer. My mags are also numbered on the base plates so by a quick glance I can see which was the last mag used. E.G Seeing mags 1,2 & 4 in my rig, I'll load 4 next. That's my thought process behind it anyway 😂

Sounds like you need a better dump pouch  ;)

Never lost a mag from a dump pouch...

Thing is I don’t want to put my mags in the dump pouch when empty, not more than 2 anyway. 
My mp7 mags are heavy and I would rather them not banging around in a dump pouch on my arse and have them secured back on the rig.

In game I just drop them in a dump/on the ground.

Between games I index the empty ones the other way round, when loaded the "front" looks towards the right (I'm right handed so mags are on the left), when empty I put them back with the "front" towards the left.

It works for me as I can tell if a mag is empty or not just by feeling it.

I also work my way from right to left.

So, mag 1 on the belt and 2 to 5 on the rig, left to right.

I go 1 (gives me the quickest reload when I need to), 5, 4, 3, 2.

This makes absolutely no sense but helps with my OCD.

Mine just arrived today, and using the triple mag insert and hexmags i can get them in there, but not out without using two hands. 

Works great with standard metal mags (but they are hi caps which i am moving away from) 

Going to get another (single) insert and run two in one half and one in the other. 

On a side note, any tips on correct adjustment of this type of rig? 20200520_174615.thumb.jpg.303cfe032b9b4acd42d9df871ff5be2e.jpg

8 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Which dangler is that? @MagpieAirsoft

Viper Scrote pouch.  I thought the VX dangler was a bit large so took a gamble 20200520_154433.thumb.jpg.91792f770866ab0116334d1f673928a2.jpg

13 hours ago, MagpieAirsoft said:

any tips on correct adjustment of this type of rig?

Whatever you're comfortable with.

I like my rigs to sit high, with the top edge in line with my nipples.

Cheers, yeah I don’t like the look of the viper vx one personally and want a budget one with Velcro on.

1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

Cheers, yeah I don’t like the look of the viper vx one personally and want a budget one with Velcro on.

That was the same for me. 

Can pick these up pretty cheap and fits spot on. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried some of those TMC inserts, and theh make it more difficult. The velcro insert is stronger than the TMC and forces it closed to the point putting the mag in is much more difficult to do. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.