Advice on a P90.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Watching westworld and it has given me an appetite for a p90.

In red.

Hows the cyma one? Noticed that's rather cheap.

If it's crap what would people reccomend?

Odd.... I’ve been looking more into a P90, during the lockdown! 😜

Ive been looking at 3 types so far:

Tokyo Marui 

CYMA 

G&G

Hopefully add it to my collection.... one day!? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

The TM P90 is a proper good RIF that can hold its own in the field.

If you want a bit of heft then the clone metal upper receivers fit without much bother.

P90 high caps are a clever design but the just don't work very well you need to run 170rd MAG mid caps. All the P90s are TM copies I personally prefer the TM Red Dot I have heard good things about the G&G but i don't have any experience with them.  

I'm running a western set up anyway. Just figured it would be fine with a couple of mags if I have one of those days with the sort of people who don't take a hit from 1 bb.

170 rounds per mag would do me great. I'm quite used to going out with 6.

Yes as @BigStew said, MAG midcaps are very good, I never pushed that many BBs in though, more like 130 to be nice.

I prefer the Tri rail and an Eotech, the built in red dot is a little claustrophobic and close

6 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Yes as @BigStew said, MAG midcaps are very good, I never pushed that many BBs in though, more like 130 to be nice.

I prefer the Tri rail and an Eotech, the built in red dot is a little claustrophobic and close

oh the red dot is not very good its purely an aesthetic choice 

I've got the Classic Army P90 TR and it shoots very well for such a small package.

(I changed the mock suppressor for something a bit smaller)

Its true the hicap mags are the let down for this system.

The TM mags probably work better but duno

I use the STANAG converter but with short mags which I think looks good, performs brilliantly and holds 1500 BBs

DSCN2169.JPG

I've been using a Marui P90RD for many years :) Done lots of work upgrading it over time as well (I posted a list of upgrades here along with some photos), although they do work great out of the box as TM stuff usually does - I recommend at least getting a MOSFET fitted to protect the trigger contacts though.

The sight on the red dot version works well enough but it's not for everyone as it is quite small - I get along with it just fine but you might not depending on how big you are & your face protection; I use a slightly modified ASG soft-sided half-face mesh mask along with some Revision Desert Locust goggles. If that's a concern the TR model with a larger optic such as an EOTech-style sight might be a better choice... the TR model doesn't look as good though.

As for the magazines, I currently use & can thoroughly recommend the MAG 170rd midcaps. The standard 68rd mags are fine too 😛 For a long time I used those as I dislike highcaps in general & nobody made P90 midcaps at the time. The highcap P90 mags are an interesting design but have a tendency to jam a lot & need a slap to unjam, although you can improve their reliability by opening them up and lubing the mechanism with some silicone oil.

There's also the possibility of using a STANAG adapter such as the one posted above, but just... don't do that 😛

There are limited options for P90 mag pouches but the Viper double mag pouches work well enough. Also the Maxpedition Mega Rollypoly works great as a dump pouch for P90 mags.

For sling options, I think there's a lot more choice than there used to be so it shouldn't be too much of an issue to find something that works ok. I used to use a Stargate style P90 sling but now use a Magpul MS3 (along with the P90 side of the Stargate sling to provide an attachment point for it).

2 hours ago, BigStew said:

I personally prefer the TM Red Dot  

This is the way...

mando.gif.a6fc9431f1f835fea4e2ab88f6c7844b.gif

Because...

1532536966_screenshot_19.png
1532537034_screenshot_21.png

not sure the old CS skin designers quite grasped what a red dot sight is... perhaps a red laser pointed at the operator 😜

I had the TM tri rail and I'm now running the TM high cycle version, both are pretty amazing IMO. As mentioned the 170 mid caps are great, they sometimes need a bit of breaking in but once they are they work flawlessly, even with the 25-30 RPS the high cycle can kick out. I do have a couple of high caps which can be a bit problematic (randomly unwinding, a pain as the mag has to be removed to wind it) but a solution that works for me is to only fill them to about 80% capacity and they are a lot more reliable but I still prefer using the mid caps. One issue I initially had was that the high cycle sometimes double tapped or burst on semi caused by mucky trigger contacts but once they were thoroughly cleaned up it has worked without issue. I would highly recommend both the tri rail and high cycle, I've seen the red dot version but the red dot takes up the top rail space so switching it out could be a pain if you want to use a different optic, though it does look good. Some are put off by the stupid barrel extension the high cycle comes with but it can be removed, I personally got a classic P90 flash hider but you can use the one attached to the end of the barrel extension.

There nothing I want Airsoft wise, VERY happy with the guns I currently use. That being said a decent mp9 or a p90 for a good deal would have me hugely tempted. 

Have never used a p90 and they do look a bit awkward to hold. I would like a game with one

3 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

There nothing I want Airsoft wise, VERY happy with the guns I currently use. That being said a decent mp9 or a p90 for a good deal would have me hugely tempted. 

Have never used a p90 and they do look a bit awkward to hold. I would like a game with one

they are actually very comfortable and ergonomic.

They are actually very comfy, they kind of mild to you / don't realise your holding it after long.

Running one handed with them is awesome.

They can be made one of the quietest AEGs going too if that's your bag.

23 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

really like them, just wish some genius would invent a high-cap mag that worked flawlessly and didn't rattle

that would be black magic!

I LOVE me a quiet gun. Will you lot stop making it sound like a good idea haha

Making hi-caps quiet shouldn't be THAT difficult? (including other mag types like STANAG & AK)

Just needs a follower to keep slight pressure on the the BB pile.

Yeah I know easy to talk...

I'm not going to try and design one as 'you know who' will copy it to death if it works...

(Yay 1k posts)

Cyma did this with their Bizon high cap mag using spring loaded horizontal plunger. 
re P90 I use Cyma version and can’t complain, didn’t mod it at all and for CQB performance is ok for me. Taiwangun had p90 mag pouches for molle and leg drops.

40 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Making hi-caps quiet shouldn't be THAT difficult? (including other mag types like STANAG & AK)

Just needs a follower to keep slight pressure on the the BB pile.

Yeah I know easy to talk...

I'm not going to try and design one as 'you know who' will copy it to death if it works...

(Yay 1k posts)

Even Real Steel manufactures can't make reliable feeding drum mags you expect some back street work shop in Asia to make an airsoft one? you have pretty much described the P90 high caps mechanism they jam constantly. 

They do work in principle just not reliably.  Maybe with better quality parts they would work better?

The problem with P90 hi-caps is the winding spring is too weak to reliably feed all the BBs and you can't rewind it without taking the mag out

I don't see the need for high caps with midcaps that hold 120+ rounds and feed perfect.

For me the only crap part about the P90 (like an Aug) is the trigger, its better than most unconventional triggers but would be great to mod a microswitch in there

You can also fit a 1700mah battery and mosfet in the back end which is a bonus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.