Aug Full Auto No Longer Functioning

TeNos

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So this problem has arose after doing the regular maintainence you do on AEGs for my 3 year old AUG

I took out my gearbox out the AUG, I opened up my gearbox cleaned and relubed everything and put it back together.

Attached a LiPo and Pulled the trigger and Semi works, pull the trigger the full distance and Auto is also fine.

However, after seating the GB into the gun and screwing everything togther I try a full trigger pull the AUG and there is no response.

Semi works fine but Auto won't.

Any solutions to this will be welcome

Thank you and stay safe.

You've pushed the auto contacts in a little.

On the gearbox you have 2 sets of contacts, the AK style ones inside the gearbox for semi, and the 2 contacts and plate on the inside of the trigger.

It's the trigger ones that need some adjustment, You need to grab something thin and flat and just pull them away from the gearbox body towards the plate on the trigger a touch. It'll only be 1-2mm movement required. You have to move both pins as the pins are the contacts not the plate on the trigger (all the plate is doing is acting like a bridge).

If when you rebuild you find that the gun is going straight to auto with no semi then you went too far. It's a pretty small margin of adjustment. You only need to adjust 1 pin towards the gearbox when this happens.

2 hours ago, Iceni said:

On the gearbox you have 2 sets of contacts, the AK style ones inside the gearbox for semi, and the 2 contacts and plate on the inside of the trigger.

It's the trigger ones that need some adjustment, You need to grab something thin and flat and just pull them away from the gearbox body towards the plate on the trigger a touch. It'll only be 1-2mm movement required. You have to move both pins as the pins are the contacts not the plate on the trigger (all the plate is doing is acting like a bridge).

If when you rebuild you find that the gun is going straight to auto with no semi then you went too far. It's a pretty small margin of adjustment. You only need to adjust 1 pin towards the gearbox when this happens.

Thanks for the solution, Ill try it out in the afternoon as AEG gearboxes are pretty loud to shoot

On 12/05/2020 at 22:53, Iceni said:

So I finally got round to doing it and it worked!

Thank you so much for your support!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.