Pts Epm 'Bullets'

Ropeyshep

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What’s your preference?

I ditch the fake rounds on delivery, I prefer to have more info about the number of BBs I have left and I know I’m playing BB wars so don’t want the pretend brass in the way. 

Do you have a preference either way and why? I’m sure the Hi-Capsters will enjoy not giving a toss either way, sad mid-cap twat that I am. 

8 minutes ago, M_P said:

Can you take a photo of it with them removed- I'd never thought to do so, sounds like a good idea

No worries. Full and Empty. 

CAB9CE73-F189-4E14-B7C0-20AA0317DE7B.jpeg

B5951397-D0B1-4E3A-8D58-F261BF460812.jpeg

2 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

How easy are they to remove? 

Very.

The process is:

Stick some masking tape over the windows, this saves you needing to fiddle about to get the little slip of plastic back in. It's not really essential but looks neater afterwards.

Remove the base plate by depressing the central catch, it needs to go in a fair way to allow the plate to slide off.

Unscrew the small phillips head screw to release the inner magazine and the little corrugated strips of fake rounds will come out.

Put the inner mag back in, screw it in place and reattach the baseplate, remove the tape and you are done.

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Ropeyshep said:

Very.

The process is:

Stick some masking tape over the windows, this saves you needing to fiddle about to get the little slip of plastic back in. It's not really essential but looks neater afterwards.

Remove the base plate by depressing the central catch, it needs to go in a fair way to allow the plate to slide off.

Unscrew the small phillips head screw to release the inner magazine and the little corrugated strips of fake rounds will come out.

Put the inner mag back in, screw it in place and reattach the baseplate, remove the tape and you are done.

To be fair, getting the fake bullets back in is a royal pain in the arse so I can see why you'd want to leave them out! :D

Just now, Lozart said:

To be fair, getting the fake bullets back in is a royal pain in the arse so I can see why you'd want to leave them out! :D

Yeah, mine just go in the bin, I've not even tried to replace them. 😉

11 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

interesting idea, how does it translate to mag capacity? looks to me like the window will empty after about half of the mag's been used up?

Aye, it’s very vague, just a bit better than with the fake rounds in. It’s largely about gauging the spring compression and/or looking through the side of the slot to see where the follower is or isn’t. 

Certainly not a patch on the indicator in the new EPMs, that we might get over here sometime next year, hopefully. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.