Confusion Over Ifs and Rifs

Monk_Man

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So recently I've read online that you have to be member of UKARA or Swat P.A.S.S to purchase RIFs.

As a under 18 my father is willing to purchase a RIF, from what I can understand I can own one as a gift if my father purchases it for me.

With all this shenanigans with the corona virus going on, my dad has to purchase a RIF online. How would my dad purchase one since he has no defence, and doesn't want to get into airsoft himself. 

Is the only choice is to have my dad purchase a IF?

As you are under 18 you cannot purchase an IF or a RIF.

You can be given either of them as a gift.

As a non player your father can buy and gift you an IF
For him to be able to purchase a RIF he would need one of the defences to provide to the retailer.

UKARA is only one scheme to document a valid defence, it’s not the only airsoft scheme but it’s the primary scheme.  

If he were to go playing with you when sites reopen then he would be able to establish a defence in his own right.  (Note that current restrictions affecting choices on buying also affect your ability to play with the purchased item)

Being a man in his 50s isn’t an obvious reason for not wanting to play airsoft.  There are players much older than that.

His personal interests might mean that he has no interest in playing.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.