Stupid Question? Bb Quick Loader Pot Help

Berry

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ve tried to find info on this and feel stupid having to ask but it’s a last resort. My bbs came in “speed loader pots”. Seems straightforward, flip the nozzle up and pour bbs into the speed loader, only they don’t pour out of the nozzle. I have to shake the pot quite hard for any to come out. I’m finding it far easier to unscrew the pot and empty a load out into something else and then pour them into the speed loader.

Am I being stupid or are these pots really that useless?

0A0D5F10-D4E4-40ED-A31D-841E3A225F32.jpeg

Them bottles are like the ones with deformed orange 0.12s that come with springer pistols.

I just wouldn't bother with those. A regular bag is perfectly fine. And you can pack it pretty tight so it doesn't rattle around if you carry it with you.

Thanks for that, glad it’s not just me being thick. Whilst I’m on the subject is there a brand that’s recommended? I’m using .20 for plinking. Currently using those angry balls, I paid £15 for 6000. There wasn’t much in stock when I ordered and they seemed the best buy. 

I’m guessing biodegradable means it’ll take them a few thousands years less than regular plastic to degrade?

£15 for 6000 seems like a good deal to me.

if your just plinking any branded .2s would suffice I guess.

and yup eventually they will decompose whereas normal bbs will outlive us in the wild

8 hours ago, Berry said:

I’m guessing biodegradable means it’ll take them a few thousands years less than regular plastic to degrade?

Everything is degradable over time,  but what you should do for a particular item  varies.

On a woodland airsoft site you will have a mixture of BBS that are sat on the ground, hidden in bushes and trampled into the earth.

The ones that get trampled in have the ‘best’ chance to degrade if they are biodegrade, but only if the right organisms etc are there to degrade them.

Photo degradable would be suitable for any out in the open, as long as nobody stands on them.

At home you probably don’t want your garden filled with them, so if possible have some kind of capture system even if that is just some sheeting that you pick up once in a while.

Then what do you do with them?

Recyle in your plastics - only if they are the right kind of plastics for recycling centres available to your local council.

Landfill - this is a dirty word, and councils face not only the actual cost of the land and handling landfill but artificial fines etc for the percentage of waste going to landfill.
Landfill is probably the right answer for biodegradable plastic, but separation of waste has taken away a number of the elements that went into landfill (eg washing your recycling takes away what would have historically broken down and acted upon bio-degradable elements)

A few years back Tesco’s brought out biodegradable carrier bags.  Any bags that were flying around the street or sent to landfill would turn to dust.  Depending on conditions this took place in a matter of months, which was great.

The problem was people actually reused carrier bags, so all of a sudden people’s bag stashes turned to dust.

Now ‘single use’ carrier bags have been heavily reduced, but replaced by bags for life.  The actions haven’t changed much, I often see bags for life sat beside bins.

The use of bags has remained fairly constant, but more of the earths resources and longer degradable times are now takin place

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.