Jg Vs Specna Arms Quality?

EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking at getting this

https://gunfire.com/en/products/specna-arms-sa-b01-carbine-replica-1152200030.html

or this

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/m-4a-j-g-works?from=listing&campaign-id=20

I do prefer the XM177 look and it does mention 8mm steel bearing bushings and bearing spring guide and brass cylinder head (?)  Which sounds like quite good internals.

From what I understand SpecnaArms would have better internals than the JG.  But this isn't the top line Specna and JG do seem to produce quite good rifs...

So what would be your thoughts...?

Pre-emptive answers cos I know you lot:

Yes, I've searched for info but there's very little on the JG and SA-B01

No, I can't buy both

Yeah, maybe I'll get neither

Maybe get the SA-B01 and convert it to an XM177?

Convert the specna with the receiver you'll be salvaging from the JG.

:P

No idea on JG's quality nowadays honestly, haven't seen one in at least 3 years.

Cheers Skara.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards getting the Specna and converting it.

I don't have the JG.  Its a debate as to which one to get.

I find that JG has better consistency in fit and finish over more recent Specna's. Specna has on paper better internals, but seem a bit slap dash in the assembly. 

Finding a true M-4A1 handguard seperately has been a real pain, though I am not sure if its still the same these days. 

Thanks for info guys

13 minutes ago, HuttArmouries said:

Jg has got a lot better but are still a budget option. They are decent for the price. Older specna ones are very good but their latest batch of new ones has been a total load of crap. 

Yeah, this is what's frying my brain.  JG are more budget but are surprisingly good these days and the Specnas are good but the B01 is budget end and not much info about performance.

Which Specnas are bad now?

1 minute ago, EDcase said:

Thanks for info guys

Yeah, this is what's frying my brain.  JG are more budget but are surprisingly good these days and the Specnas are good but the B01 is budget end and not much info about performance.

Which Specnas are bad now?

If you can get one of the slightly older specna guns they are great value for money. I have to say most of my info about jg comes from aks, g3s and fals and I know very little about their m4s. I do know for a fact that the new specna guns are trash. For more info on that I highly recommend watching this. As a third option the new cyma platinum rifles are meant to be damn good for the money. 

Damn. Tempted on the xm177 now....  but i already have an m16a1.damnit

+1 for the new CYMA Platinums - but it's an extra £70 or so.  The Specna in the top link is from their E&C range so pretty decent.  Solid gearbox, I've thrown so much at the test stock one I have in the office and still going strong. 

The JG one looks nice, would love to see inside.

Get both.... 🙂

58 minutes ago, kasaran said:

Damn. Tempted on the xm177 now....  but i already have an m16a1.damnit

Yeah, get one and tell us how it is 😉

49 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Have considered a Cyma? The newer CYMA stuff is pretty good these days.

https://gunfire.com/en/products/cm009e-carbine-replica-black-1152224660.html

Too much I'm afraid

36 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

+1 for the new CYMA Platinums - but it's an extra £70 or so.  The Specna in the top link is from their E&C range so pretty decent.  Solid gearbox, I've thrown so much at the test stock one I have in the office and still going strong. 

The JG one looks nice, would love to see inside.

Get both.... 🙂

CYMA is above price limit

I think the Specna is the safer option

I'd love to see inside the JG as well 🤔

Hahaha I knew someone would suggest both 😆

Im not an expert. But to be a 'nam thread counter. I thought the xm177 had a narrower foregrip than modern m4s and it looks pretty wide on the jg.  But then i guess they need the battery there.  Why isnt it wired for the buffer tube?  Weird

Yeah, seems they're using an M4A1 Commando style foregrip presumably to accommodate the battery as you said.

I'm not too bothered by that

It might be possible to rear wire it but it may weaken the mounting point for the stock tube.

3 hours ago, kasaran said:

Im not an expert. But to be a 'nam thread counter. I thought the xm177 had a narrower foregrip than modern m4s and it looks pretty wide on the jg.  But then i guess they need the battery there.  Why isnt it wired for the buffer tube?  Weird

Correct. None of the cheaper brands get this right. 

Apart from this one which is the closest you'll get for the price. 

https://www.softairgames.net/en/m4-m16-stubby/5265-m733-m4-full-metal-golden-bow-6601-m.html

Golden Bow is essentially JG in another tie. 

(Ignore the bad review, he's just complaining the handguard is plastic)

I buy loads of stuff from this shop so it is legit. 

3 hours ago, kasaran said:

can fit an old school nimh in the slimline foregrip ala the tm m733. i think its just them cheaping out

https://www.brownells.co.uk/AR-15-CAR-HANDGUARD-SET-CAR-Handguard-Set-Black-DS-ARMS-2-Piece-Aluminum-Nylon-274000032

this is cheaper then the g&p and WE replicas. will it need modding to fit? tbh i've no idea. 

40 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Correct. None of the cheaper brands get this right. 

Apart from this one which is the closest you'll get for the price. 

https://www.softairgames.net/en/m4-m16-stubby/5265-m733-m4-full-metal-golden-bow-6601-m.html

Golden Bow is essentially JG in another tie. 

The hand guard does look better but it doesn't seem to have the better internals like bearing bushings, bearing spring guide or brass cylinder head.

Would need to get the correct flash hider

17 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

can fit an old school nimh in the slimline foregrip ala the tm m733. i think its just them cheaping out

https://www.brownells.co.uk/AR-15-CAR-HANDGUARD-SET-CAR-Handguard-Set-Black-DS-ARMS-2-Piece-Aluminum-Nylon-274000032

this is cheaper then the g&p and WE replicas. will it need modding to fit? tbh i've no idea. 

Yeah, interesting.  I wonder if that would need much modifying

I wish there was a video showing the gearbox of the JG

47 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

He's complaining about the quality of the plastic, I also wouldn't trust reviews on this site as most of them are from plebs who expect TM recoil performance off €50 springers.

I also buy a lot from them and had no problems so far.

I'm probably over thinking it but wouldn't it depend how old they are?  A newer one may have quite a few improvements for the same price.

I just don't want to get the XM177 to find it has lower quality internals than the Specna.

Just to add my two pence guys,  there is a discount code at the moment for gunfire.pl,  which is GF-HOLLYWOOD-12 Which means a £20.00 discount on the xm177 on their site. 

Just in case someone is interested.  

Gunfire.compl - repliki Airsoft! asg, airsoftguns, militaria, broń, repliki broni - Google Chrome 5122020 93606 PM.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.