Kwa Vm4 T6 Does it Need Upgrading

GazW82

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

oh boo, that’s that thread sorted then 👍🏻

you say that like you first response wasn't a fundamental truth of airsoft :P

anyways, that's the sensible stuff covered, carry on lads.....

1 minute ago, Davegolf said:

To be honest i would change the engine and wheels if i bought a BMW. :P

Unless it was an E30 M3 but youd never get one of those in a showroom these days :D

i dunno, their 6-pots are smooth engines. modify maybe but not change.....

I play mainly at Anzio, a mix of large open space and cqb buildings, 

My vfc's rate of fire was quite slow so from watching videos on the kwa I want to up it from 20-22 as stated a stock gun should have a range of to around 30.

Would a gate titan do this alone or would it need the gears to be changed from probably 18:1 stock to 16:1 or lower? Probably use .28's

I was hoping that this gun would be popular and that people would have already done what I'm trying to do, hence why I've come to a forum. I would imagine this gun would be similar to the kwa tk45 internally so hoping someone would have said 'I've do this to my kwa and got this response from the upgrade'

Or TBF just change the xyz and you should be good to go until something breaks......

Seems like I've entered the wrong thread..

And if I had not given the right info at the start then it would have been better to ask what I'm after rather than just give abuse

28 minutes ago, GazW82 said:

My vfc's rate of fire was quite slow so from watching videos on the kwa I want to up it from 20-22 as stated a stock gun should have a range of to around 30.

Would a gate titan do this alone or would it need the gears to be changed from probably 18:1 stock to 16:1 or lower? Probably use .28's

I was hoping that this gun would be popular and that people would have already done what I'm trying to do, hence why I've come to a forum. I would imagine this gun would be similar to the kwa tk45 internally so hoping someone would have said 'I've do this to my kwa and got this response from the upgrade'

Or TBF just change the xyz and you should be good to go until something breaks......

And if I had not given the right info at the start then it would have been better to ask what I'm after rather than just give abuse

As people have said you asked a relatively vague question that alot of people have asked. doesn't justify people being an arse about though. after a quick google search the FPS is variable starting at 330 fps (that is perfectly good as that will let you play at pretty much any site in the uk) and the basic rate of fire is 18rds a second. this sounds more than good enough to compete. i would still say leave it  alone and just play. if you are set on a higher rate of fire a basic mosfet and a 11.1v lipo will do that a Gate Titan is a lot of money for a lot of function you do not need. I have been playing for 20 years and unless they brake i have never upgraded a gun other than fitting a flat hop nub.  

So been having a look around a bit more and still think the KWA is the one to go for but, has anyone seen/used or have experience of the PTS VFC Virgo mk1?

So, you sold a VFC because it's meh, and now you want another VFC?

1 minute ago, Skara said:

So, you sold a VFC because it's meh, and now you want another VFC?

My old VFC was from 2015 a lot has changed since then. But thanks for a great response

2 minutes ago, GazW82 said:

My old VFC was from 2015 a lot has changed since then. But thanks for a great response

Guess what, they're still meh

Just now, Skara said:

Guess what, they're still meh

Is that from experience? Theres a lot of positives being said about the avalon series and that the gun is also a lot easier to upgrade.  Downside is magazine compatability

• Supporters
18 hours ago, GazW82 said:

Fitting a Titan won't increase your rate of fire but it should improve your trigger response, 30 RPS is getting up towards sewing machine territory so it's not really my wheelhouse but I'd say you're looking at lower than 16:1 for sure (depending on your spring etc) probably more like 13:1. Bear in mind that you could easily get a better rof just by using an 11.1v battery but you would still need to take things like pre-engagement into account.

The TK45 uses a V2.5 gearbox so that's going to be different from the get-go, again though it's less popular than things like the ARP9 and the Classic Army X45. KWA in general in the UK are fairly uncommon (mostly down to cost to be fair).

1 hour ago, GazW82 said:

Not a lot has changed in the last 5 years in terms of basic gearbox design though. As far as the Virgo and the Avalon gearbox goes though, it's already got the electronic gubbins in so in theory you'd save the cost of the Titan (whether or not the VFC ECS system is actually any better is not something I can comment on having only used either Gate or BTC units). The rest of the mechanics is still just basic gears and pistons though so that's going to be no different than your old one.

Worth a look at this ref the Avalon gearbox: 

34 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Fitting a Titan won't increase your rate of fire but it should improve your trigger response, 30 RPS is getting up towards sewing machine territory so it's not really my wheelhouse but I'd say you're looking at lower than 16:1 for sure (depending on your spring etc) probably more like 13:1. Bear in mind that you could easily get a better rof just by using an 11.1v battery but you would still need to take things like pre-engagement into account.

The TK45 uses a V2.5 gearbox so that's going to be different from the get-go, again though it's less popular than things like the ARP9 and the Classic Army X45. KWA in general in the UK are fairly uncommon (mostly down to cost to be fair).

Not a lot has changed in the last 5 years in terms of basic gearbox design though. As far as the Virgo and the Avalon gearbox goes though, it's already got the electronic gubbins in so in theory you'd save the cost of the Titan (whether or not the VFC ECS system is actually any better is not something I can comment on having only used either Gate or BTC units). The rest of the mechanics is still just basic gears and pistons though so that's going to be no different than your old one.

Worth a look at this ref the Avalon gearbox: 

That video is hilarious 😂 

Seems like theres issues with everything..

And I'm going to have to be fair to you and apologise but you might be right in me just getting a stock gun (other than hop rubber) and see how I feel as to how I go about improving it. Think I've just got carried away with upgrading, which started as just hop rubber until I watched the video of the Joker/Black Panther builds as just assumed that is what I want...

Everyone assumes that throwing a fuckton of money at a gun it's gonna make it better..

truth is, most of the times the improvement is barely noticeable, but the hole in your wallet definitely is.

Also don't trust YT builds, most of them are faff and eye candy. Like, most DSG "builds" just show a lower receiver with a battery in. Have yet to see someone showcase consistency and range tests with a DSG.

All of these fancy looking builds are just that.

Performance wise they suck.

Advice to anyone spend on what's under the hood not what it looks like, externals are easy to change, re engineering gearbox and hop systems is time consuming and expensive to be fruitful.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, GazW82 said:

And I'm going to have to be fair to you and apologise but you might be right in me just getting a stock gun (other than hop rubber) and see how I feel as to how I go about improving it. Think I've just got carried away with upgrading, which started as just hop rubber until I watched the video of the Joker/Black Panther builds as just assumed that is what I want...

No problem! To be fair we've all been guilty of going down the "REPLACE ALL THE THINGS!!!!" route at some point or other! :)

Most guns come with a hop rubber that's way too hard for UK FPS limits anyway so I tend to try it for a bit then chuck it and replace with either the ubiquitous Prommy purple or a Maple Leaf (and Omega nub).

• Supporters
3 hours ago, GazW82 said:

good choice, give yourself a nice reference point for where the gun is out of the box so you can tell when you do change bits if there's any improvement.

3 hours ago, Skara said:

Everyone assumes that throwing a fuckton of money at a gun it's gonna make it better..

truth is, most of the times the improvement is barely noticeable, but the hole in your wallet definitely is.

Also don't trust YT builds, most of them are faff and eye candy. Like, most DSG "builds" just show a lower receiver with a battery in. Have yet to see someone showcase consistency and range tests with a DSG.

it's a case of diminishing returns, the more demanding you are of performance in a certain field it gets exponentially more difficult/expensive whereas getting "good enough" isn't that expensive or difficult in most cases.

and definately agree on yt, the problem with that platform is you need to have enough base knowledge to judge wether or not the video you're watching is useful, or just full of bs.

consistency and range aren't the problem on a dsg, getting it to shoot for more than half a day without spontaneous dissassembly is :P

3 hours ago, Davegolf said:

All of these fancy looking builds are just that.

Performance wise they suck.

Advice to anyone spend on what's under the hood not what it looks like, externals are easy to change, re engineering gearbox and hop systems is time consuming and expensive to be fruitful.

depends on the gun, for an m4 you may have a point but i'd rather have a gun that was good on the outside as it's much easier to change out a gearbox wholesale for example than to change the entire reciever.

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

No problem! To be fair we've all been guilty of going down the "REPLACE ALL THE THINGS!!!!" route at some point or other! :)

tell me about it, my m4's quest for accuracy has left it with only the outer barrel remaining as an original component :P

• 3 weeks later...

FYI, bought it and had the hop rubber changed, trigger changed and Dean's connection. Only just got it out of the box.

Need to chrono it and put a few rounds through it over the weekend see how I feel..

• 11 months later...

Hi mate I have a ronin T6 myself and they are really good guns fresh out the box once you have put some rounds through it but like yourself I wanted to to upgrades so done them all myself, got a gate Titan v2 advanced in it, maple leaf hop rubbe, flat MAXX trigger and a promethious 6.03mm barrel and my god the gun now is a animal. So anyone that want to know about upgrades there’s what I done and it’s been worth it my next upgrade is the 13.1 gears 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.