Double Bell Scar By-803b Gearbox Help

SgtDABS

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 hours ago, BigStew said:

20 years of playing never once up graded a TM. As I said do what you want buy what you want all i can give you is my experience. I have only upgraded guns when they break. 

I get what your saying but I only have cases to outdoor games and its manly long range engagements so need the fps more than the acsull accuracy as cant hit somone on the feild if the bb takes 3 seconds plus to arive 

36 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Literally the same, playing since 2000, never had a TM go wrong on me, admittedly they don't hit the highest FPS but they don't need to.

In fact my longest running gun is a TM m4s, cosmetically it's had some changes BUT the gearbox has never been out of the gun, it's never even been serviced, at least 16+ years old, probably 100,00+ bb's through it by me & my mates, all without a hiccup, hell I wouldn't service it now for fear the fairy dust would get out 😏.

I get this it's only outdoor games I have access to play at so need the fps so I'm not waiting 3 seconds to see if I hit or not and I'm not a fan of plastic guns think thay feel to light 

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Scottish m3ch said:

I get what your saying but I only have cases to outdoor games and its manly long range engagements so need the fps more than the acsull accuracy as cant hit somone on the feild if the bb takes 3 seconds plus to arive 

I get this it's only outdoor games I have access to play at so need the fps so I'm not waiting 3 seconds to see if I hit or not and I'm not a fan of plastic guns think thay feel to light 

Can't remember the last time I played an indoor/cqb game, pretty much all woodland in my neck of the woods (no pun intended 😜), as the man above has said, we can only give you heartfelt advice on kit we have used & know to work, can't change whether you like plastic guns though.

If your looking for a good woodland gun, at not much money, I'd thoroughly recommend a cyma M14 socom, slightly retro stylish but amazing performance for not much outlay, last few times I've used mine I've quite literally owned the field with its range & accuracy as standard, plus still semi/full auto, last game I played youngsters kept asking " what sniper is that, can I try it", no bs, half the other team swore they were getting one, as I kept outranging them.

28 minutes ago, Scottish m3ch said:

I play/marshal at section 8 it is was one the biggest out door sites in country. most airsoft guns even with up grades will struggle to shoot passed 70 meters that is about 230 feet  even at TM power levels that's sub 1 second flight time ( granted will be slightly longer due to energy loss but not 3 seconds). you are chasing milliseconds. I have found most airsofter can't judge distance and even out doors you are engaging sub 50 metres, you can do more with a hop rubber and good heavy weight BBs (Just like cars and good tires), most of the time the shot that gets you is the shot you didn't see. Any way if you want to up grade your that's your choice, but you will need to learn how to do it or pay a tech and hope for the best upgrades are not drop in they need adjustment, modification to work. I have sold many gearboxes in parts because of giving up trying to get them to even work, now i can put a gear box back together and have it work but i can't get them optimised.

Maybe you can learn the skills to become a good tech and i'll take my hat of to you but i have pissed away too much money buying project guns and never getting them to work as well as an out the box gun.   

and above the best long range gun i had was a CYMA M14 

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Scottish m3ch said:

Got 250 to get gear box hop up and new precision barrel if I'm going thro this much may as well 

As BigStew has said, the receiver isn't worth throwing that kinda money in to, old saying: " you can polish a turd, but it's still a turd", no offense but I think that's very apt here.

youve still got a working gun, personally I'd stick the scar on the shelf, & wait for the spares you need to trickle on to the classifieds s/h, sort it cheaply & keep it as a backup ?.

Then take the £250 you were planning to spend on it, get on taiwangun or gunfire & bag a cyma socom m14 & the double eagle "honey badger" that received an amazing review on here recently, 2 great additions to your armoury for the price of getting your knackered gun working (maybe🤔)

18 hours ago, BigStew said:

Up to your self I personally don't think the receiver is worth putting the money in. even with top of the line parts the tolerances could still be off and it might not ever work right unless you stick with the same manufacture very little in airsoft is just drop in. No ones going to be playing any time soon. you still have your AUG, learn to fix the gearbox and save up for something good out the box. I can highly  recomend the TM scars if that's the style you are going for.

Amen.👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.