Double Bell Scar By-803b Gearbox Help

SgtDABS

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So basicly I have a double bell scar it uses the army armament gearbox according to the book my one is making a loud screaching vibraiting nice from gearbox or motor I have no idea how to begin to work on this as only used a pistol before when tecing .   Dose anyone know a gearbox that will fit straight in to the gun as is I have taken motor out it defently works . It was working fine was shooting in back garden and put one mag thro it then it's just what I can assume as jamed badly please help 

IMG_20200509_025636.jpg

Screeching generally means the motor height is off there should be a grub screw in the pistol grip to adjust the height. that would be the first point of call. when testing tighten the motor all the way up before testing and bring it down unitl you get a good engagement noise. hopefully the gears haven't been damaged.

4 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Screeching generally means the motor height is off there should be a grub screw in the pistol grip to adjust the height. that would be the first point of call. when testing tighten the motor all the way up before testing and bring it down unitl you get a good engagement noise. hopefully the gears haven't been 

So slowly start losing after fully tightened as as it is it's just sounding horrible 

so it should go from not being able to turn to standard firing. if that's not working a gear is probably stripped. how does the motor pinon gear look?  if the gears are stripped you have the most common gear box in airsoft a version 2. you could try repairing it there are a tonne of  videos on these gear boxes. Negative airsoft is good. or you can just buy a new complete gear box.

1 minute ago, BigStew said:

so it should go from not being able to turn to standard firing. if that's not working a gear is probably stripped. how does the motor pinon gear look?  if the gears are stripped you have the most common gear box in airsoft a version 2. you could try repairing it there are a tonne of  videos on these gear boxes. Negative airsoft is good. or you can just buy a new complete gear box.

I've heard that thay have modified gesrboxses to the standard g2  same as my aug it's a gen 2 but difrint ahah

Aug is not a Version 2. he bell is a clone of a JG which is a clone of a classic army so should just be a standard V2.

11 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Aug is not a Version 2. he bell is a clone of a JG which is a clone of a classic army so should just be a standard V2.

I thought it was my bad Its same as ak with a difrince 

@BigStew not having much luck and dont wont to brake it any tips allso I have attached some photos of what I can see from ware the motor connects and the motter head for you to have a wee look and see if thay look striped or not I think thare fine but I dont k ow what should look like 

15891201228172789505344787659184.jpg

15891201873596933228737790014684.jpg

15891202993412511209745663878657.jpg

15891203493741216352995261302485.jpg

from what i can see doesn't appear to be any excessive wear on the teeth. If it's not the motor height you are going to have to open it up.

3 minutes ago, BigStew said:

from what i can see doesn't appear to be any excessive wear on the teeth. If it's not the motor height you are going to have to open it up.

Have tryed tigiting whole way to puting it lose to point can spin with fingers and no joy I'd pribubly rather buy a new gearbox and try work on the old one than brake the whole thing 

If you are okay with putting cash into buying a new GB, and are forfeiting the og GB, why not just get inside it and see if you can fix it; if it's something you cant deal with or you struggle to get it back together... well you were gonna just buy a new GB anyway so it's not really gonna matter too much. You'll learn loads dude, and it can be a lot of fun - get in there! 😜

As @BigStew said, get on YouTube and find yourself a guide.. But I would actually say Negative Airsoft would not be what you are after for a step by step guide as that's not how Luke really formats his videos. His videos are great once you already have some experience and understanding of the basics.. or if you just want a bit of entertainment; he's very funny.

Three basic but quite explanatory V2 guides:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CH0enjjQ_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gK7D4pl524

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PUQ4rN76aQ

1 minute ago, Zarrin said:

If you are okay with putting cash into buying a new GB, and are forfeiting the og GB, why not just get inside it and see if you can fix it; if it's something you cant deal with or you struggle to get it back together... well you were gonna just buy a new GB anyway so it's not really gonna matter too much. You'll learn loads dude, and it can be a lot of fun - get in there! 😜

As @BigStew said, get on YouTube and find yourself a guide.. But I would actually say Negative Airsoft would not be what you are after for a step by step guide as that's not how Luke really formats his videos.

Three basic but quite explanatory V2 guides:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CH0enjjQ_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gK7D4pl524

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PUQ4rN76aQ

Long storry short rather have a spare sitting thsre than risk further braking it and taking g to a tec when it's a possibility unlike just now it would be under warente but had nothing but problems EVRY time I've orderd somthing airsoft exsept from my sniper rifle and at this point will only be buying things in person .......not easy kit may not change for sometime but 6 orders 1 came working lol 

It's always a gamble with low cost stuff. You mentioned a new box but with the gun being cheap (hold on, I'm not bashing you for buying cheap, not everyone can afford a TM recoil as his first gun), my guess is that it may not properly fit as low cost stuff may have different quotes even within the same batch from the same factory.

Going by your description and ruling out the pinion/bevel based on your pictures, the next possible issue would be a stripped piston. It's really easy to change.

If it's still under warranty I'd just send it back and ask for a refund, save some money and get something better (again, doesn't mean dishing out £500).

There is also a classified section on this forum with some bargains too!

Make sure to hop on Macks in the general section to avoid being ripped off ;)

And don't buy from any retailer that has bb in the url. It's literally asking for stuff like this :)

1 hour ago, Skara said:

It's always a gamble with low cost stuff. You mentioned a new box but with the gun being cheap (hold on, I'm not bashing you for buying cheap, not everyone can afford a TM recoil as his first gun), my guess is that it may not properly fit as low cost stuff may have different quotes even within the same batch from the same factory.

Going by your description and ruling out the pinion/bevel based on your pictures, the next possible issue would be a stripped piston. It's really easy to change.

If it's still under warranty I'd just send it back and ask for a refund, save some money and get something better (again, doesn't mean dishing out £500).

There is also a classified section on this forum with some bargains too!

Make sure to hop on Macks in the general section to avoid being ripped off ;)

And don't buy from any retailer that has bb in the url. It's literally asking for stuff like this :)

Money ain't a problem luckily was more just I've got over 1.5k worth of stuff already and orderd a warq helmet and desided I wonted a scar was looking about and I liked the full metal but couldent really find a none gas version (living in scotland game days vary from -3°c 10°c on hot day) so not ideal so went with this but not able to send back as already had to change my stock as came broken long story short I've had 1 buy that's not came broken all from difrint retailers some high end some low end just unlucky I geuse currently waiting on finding out how ups lost my packege and the backwards trace to try find it 

The Joy's ahaha

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/05/2020 at 16:12, BigStew said:

Ares Amoeba EFCS ECU Gearbox Complete - Rear Wired  would that work in it and how hard would fire selector be to change with it being an m4 and not a scar ...not to worried if I have to lose a safety switch never use the right side as is 

29 minutes ago, SgtDABS said:

Ares Amoeba EFCS ECU Gearbox Complete - Rear Wired  would that work in it and how hard would fire selector be to change with it being an m4 and not a scar ...not to worried if I have to lose a safety switch never use the right side as is 

Don't.

Ares gearboxes are bad. You're stuck with the EFCS, you can't change to anything else because the shell has a cutout where the trigger sits to accommodate the fcu.

Plus the stock bushings and piston are faff.

Depends what you want to spend you can get a CYMA V2 gear box for about £40 to £50.00. After that you are jumping to £80+ and at that state you might as well just buy a new gun. 

2 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Depends what you want to spend you can get a CYMA V2 gear box for about £40 to £50.00. After that you are jumping to £80+ and at that state you might as well just buy a new gun. 

Got 250 to get gear box hop up and new precision barrel if I'm going thro this much may as well 

17 minutes ago, Scottish m3ch said:

Got 250 to get gear box hop up and new precision barrel if I'm going thro this much may as well 

Up to your self I personally don't think the receiver is worth putting the money in. even with top of the line parts the tolerances could still be off and it might not ever work right unless you stick with the same manufacture very little in airsoft is just drop in. No ones going to be playing any time soon. you still have your AUG, learn to fix the gearbox and save up for something good out the box. I can highly  recomend the TM scars if that's the style you are going for.

13 hours ago, BigStew said:

Up to your self I personally don't think the receiver is worth putting the money in. even with top of the line parts the tolerances could still be off and it might not ever work right unless you stick with the same manufacture very little in airsoft is just drop in. No ones going to be playing any time soon. you still have your AUG, learn to fix the gearbox and save up for something good out the box. I can highly  recomend the TM scars if that's the style you are going for.

I refuse to buy a tm I've used them in past over priced shit in my opinion dont like plastic hence why my aug sits on the side ......and buy a tm just to have to upgrade it as only play outdoor feilds dosent sound sensible 

52 minutes ago, SgtDABS said:

I refuse to buy a tm I've used them in past over priced shit in my opinion dont like plastic hence why my aug sits on the side ......and buy a tm just to have to upgrade it as only play outdoor feilds dosent sound sensible 

20 years of playing never once up graded a TM. As I said do what you want buy what you want all i can give you is my experience. I have only upgraded guns when they break. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, BigStew said:

20 years of playing never once up graded a TM. As I said do what you want buy what you want all i can give you is my experience. I have only upgraded guns when they break. 

Literally the same, playing since 2000, never had a TM go wrong on me, admittedly they don't hit the highest FPS but they don't need to.

In fact my longest running gun is a TM m4s, cosmetically it's had some changes BUT the gearbox has never been out of the gun, it's never even been serviced, at least 16+ years old, probably 100,00+ bb's through it by me & my mates, all without a hiccup, hell I wouldn't service it now for fear the fairy dust would get out 😏.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.