Anyone in or Around the Hertfordshire/Bedfordshire Area

Krismc4

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys was just wondering if there was anyone that plays around these areas, going to be going to sentinel outpost Dunstable after the lockdown, if there’s anyone who plays there regular, or if you play at a different site in those areas let me know 

I'm on the border between the Beds and Herts. My regular site is The Village, run by RIFT. It's just outside of Royston, near the Bassingborne barracks. It's a woodland site with pallet forts, buildings and towers etc. Highly recommended if you're nearby, the RIFT team know what they're doing and games there are run very well.

Also AWA is a bit further south, but worth a visit. They do shorter 'paintball' style games across multiple game zones, but it's got a good variety of terrain and gamemodes.

Maddog Airsoft is another one, running at High Harthay Shooting Ground, which is a large, open terrain with hills and woodland. They also have a scrapyard which they do games on, which is more close-up and hectic.

And then there's Red One CQB, which runs indoor games at an old school near St Albans. They also have a woodland area they use for the second half of the day.

Quite a few options in the area. I haven't been to the Dunstable one yet, so can't comment, but there's a few to have a look at.

2 hours ago, Greg147 said:

I'm on the border between the Beds and Herts. My regular site is The Village, run by RIFT. It's just outside of Royston, near the Bassingborne barracks. It's a woodland site with pallet forts, buildings and towers etc. Highly recommended if you're nearby, the RIFT team know what they're doing and games there are run very well.

Also AWA is a bit further south, but worth a visit. They do shorter 'paintball' style games across multiple game zones, but it's got a good variety of terrain and gamemodes.

Maddog Airsoft is another one, running at High Harthay Shooting Ground, which is a large, open terrain with hills and woodland. They also have a scrapyard which they do games on, which is more close-up and hectic.

And then there's Red One CQB, which runs indoor games at an old school near St Albans. They also have a woodland area they use for the second half of the day.

Quite a few options in the area. I haven't been to the Dunstable one yet, so can't comment, but there's a few to have a look at.

That’s really not that far from me about 20-30 minute drive,About the same as the Dunstable one if not abit closer, I have my own gun (two tone) only played a few games and not with my own gun yet because of lockdown but looking to get my ukara at one site first then be going here there and every where hopefully, the old school sounds like a great place to have a airsoft battle might have to check that out. 
thanks for your reply 

dont Really know a lot of people that play airsoft so really helps out getting abit of info of here :D 

I live in Herts just half hour from Dunstable across the downs. The Outpost is my regular haunt, love the mix of outdoor play and cqb. It's a little site but great fun. You also have reforger just off junction 20 of m25. 

11 hours ago, Keldon said:

I live in Herts just half hour from Dunstable across the downs. The Outpost is my regular haunt, love the mix of outdoor play and cqb. It's a little site but great fun. You also have reforger just off junction 20 of m25. 

Yeah I have heard good things about the Dunstable one, Is there a lot of waiting to go through a door because you have 5 people on your team in front of you or is it quite big inside so you can go different routes etc? Only thing with reforger is double the price of outpost i think, trying to get my ukara at the cheaper place so I’m not stuck paying £30 a game before I can move on some where els.

6 hours ago, Krismc4 said:

Yeah I have heard good things about the Dunstable one, Is there a lot of waiting to go through a door because you have 5 people on your team in front of you or is it quite big inside so you can go different routes etc? Only thing with reforger is double the price of outpost i think, trying to get my ukara at the cheaper place so I’m not stuck paying £30 a game before I can move on some where els.

Just realised that I might have been looking at the night games that were £15 for walk on is it the same price for the day games ?

12 hours ago, Krismc4 said:

Just realised that I might have been looking at the night games that were £15 for walk on is it the same price for the day games ?

Yeah not much in difference in price for a full day at both sites, but the Outpost includes lunch (pizza) and as much hot drinks as you want , where reforger has a burger stand which you pay extra for. For the Outpost you have 4 routes in at the main entrance and there is a few choke points but all are beatable with some good aim or a grenade. 

3 minutes ago, Keldon said:

Yeah not much in difference in price for a full day at both sites, but the Outpost includes lunch (pizza) and as much hot drinks as you want , where reforger has a burger stand which you pay extra for. For the Outpost you have 4 routes in at the main entrance and there is a few choke points but all are beatable with some good aim or a grenade. 

I think I must have been looking at the night games for £15 walk on then 😂 lucky I bought a reusable grenade then, and yeah being 4 routes there shouldn’t be as much waiting to go into a room, I’m not sure if I’m going to be going on my own or with some one yet not sure how reliable the person I’m going with is 😂

Well once everything reopens let me know when you plan on going and I'll try and go then.

There's also Finmere which is in Bucks and is accessible from the M40 at the A34/Bicester/Oxford Junction. It's a great woodland site... Been around for donkeys... 

2 hours ago, Keldon said:

Well once everything reopens let me know when you plan on going and I'll try and go then.

Alright mate sounds good do you go with friends or just on your own ? I’m quite new to airsoft I have my own gun probs not the best of guns but you know 😂 what gun/gear you got mate ? 

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

There's also Finmere which is in Bucks and is accessible from the M40 at the A34/Bicester/Oxford Junction. It's a great woodland site... Been around for donkeys... 

a little bit further for me about a hour drive but a good price at £25 so might be worth the extra petrol

10 hours ago, Krismc4 said:

Alright mate sounds good do you go with friends or just on your own ? I’m quite new to airsoft I have my own gun probs not the best of guns but you know 😂 what gun/gear you got mate ? 

a little bit further for me about a hour drive but a good price at £25 so might be worth the extra petrol

I tend to go on my own as I don't get the chance to goes as much as I would like. I just run a G&G MBR 308 as my rifle and a TM p266 pistol. I usually wear some old british army gear and a simple chest rig. So don't worry about going on own you will find we are a good bunch.

14 hours ago, Keldon said:

I tend to go on my own as I don't get the chance to goes as much as I would like. I just run a G&G MBR 308 as my rifle and a TM p266 pistol. I usually wear some old british army gear and a simple chest rig. So don't worry about going on own you will find we are a good bunch.

That’s a nice gun and pistol, I just have a m4 not sure what make as I bought it a few years ago paid £140 so not to bad off one and I also have a mp5 A5 sportsline for the cqb games I decided on buying that instead of a pistol

• 1 month later...

@Krismc4 hey sentinel Airsoft have just said they will open on the 18 and 19 (sat/sun) if you fancy going. 

• 4 months later...

An old post I know but yes, a Hertfordshire player here.

18 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Just realised nobody has mentioned tech brigade near Cuffley

Tech brigade near Cuffley.

There ya go.Better now?mwah.

🤭👍

Regards 

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Just realised nobody has mentioned tech brigade near Cuffley

If that's the place I think it is, (had a name change since then) I was a paintball marshall at the RW Paintball Warren Wood.

7 hours ago, Stahl said:

If that's the place I think it is, (had a name change since then) I was a paintball marshall at the RW Paintball Warren Wood.

That's the one 

5 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

That's the one 

Do you go to do some games at that site do you?
What's it been like in the last 7 years or so if you have been to it that long that is?
(Last time I went was 7 years ago).

Yes tb is still going strong with most days being fully booked up

The biggest change is the entrance has changed so no more feeling like you need a 4x4 to get there

On 17/11/2020 at 12:39, Cannonfodder said:

Yes tb is still going strong with most days being fully booked up

The biggest change is the entrance has changed so no more feeling like you need a 4x4 to get there

When Covid is all said and done and things start going back to normal I'll have a game there at some point.
Catch you there or something and have a game.

Hi fella, 

I play at RIFT The Village occasionally, RIFT The Ridge when I feel like punishing myself, and Spec Ops MK more frequently, I have been wanting to try Sentinal as it looks good, but am booked into Finmere Night game on the 5th Dec, so will probably go mid December...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.