Hi All Newbie Advice Please

RAM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all been lurking on here for the past couple of days reading and researching but still don't have my gun and won't do till the lockdown is finished and I can get the 1st few games underway with to get my UKARA.

I live in the Kent area a stones throw from the Apocalypse site, so maybe I will get to meet some of you when I get to go.

I have been looking at AEG's and whilst I love the G&P Salient Arms SAI GRY M4 (Short) (Yep another one who loves the film 13 Hours) I was also looking at a few others that are of a similar style but I am not sure as I have read so many reviews where some say that such and such make is good then another will say they have issues with it. I know a lot is down to personal preference.

In short me and a mate are really serious into getting into this so don't want to waste money buying the wrong setups. both of us are fairly short and not having very long reach plus we both like the idea of having a go at CQB but don't want to limit ourselves to just that so we was wondering if there was a AEG AR15 style that was able to be used for both assualt (More Open Spaces) as well as CQB in the way that the barrels are not to long so clearing rooms etc wouldn't be to much of an issue.

We have both decided that for the moment we will forget about buying sidearms till we have had more time to get into the play styles and such.

The rifles that we have looked at that we seem to like is these.

G&P Salient Arms SAI GRY M4

G&G GC16 ARP 556 FULL METAL MOSFET BLACK
G&G PDW15-CQB HONEY BADGER
EVOLUTION DYTAC M4 MK4 SMR 10.5" A-TACS AU LONE STAR EDITION
KRYTAC MK II War Sport LVOA-C

The type of things we are looking for in the rifle is as I mentioned above something that we can use in open spaces as well as CQB, also we want to be able to have the option to upgrade too. we know that it might not be possible to have all these options hence why I am asking you wonderful people (Passes over the sick bag) for your knowledge and advice.

I also have another question. this is about Face protection. I personally have to wear glasses and my eye sight is bad without them and I know from personal exprience that Goggles to tend to fog up with me from playing paintball before. What is a good fullface protection that is like the DYE full face mask and is there any out there that have a fan in them to help with the anti fogging ?

Don't worry about a short length CQB gun not being able to perform elsewhere. It's well documented an ARP9 owns pretty much everywhere. Barrel length doesn't equate to accuracy in airsoft. It's mostly justification to buy more than one of a particular weapon. Mobility wise you're at a disadvantage indoors with a long gun but you're not hindered by a short gun outdoors.

People even use pistols converted to DMR's so it's really not a thing.

With regards to facepro. DYE i4/i5 are usually a safe bet if you want a mask but you can get some glasses with prescription inserts, not to blwo the horn too much but I've just bought a set of Heroshark specs which give the option for the insert if you wanted to go mesh & mouth.

Welcome

Good logic and well done for holding out until you have UKARA.

Any short M4 platform will work for CQB and woodland and as Stevocee mentioned, barrel length doesn't affect performance like real wepons.

For example, I use an MP5 and MP5K when I want really compact.  I haven't done much CQB but since ranges are shorter than woodland they would work fine.

You're looking at the high price range weapons there so can't comment on their performance.

For your first purchases it might be worth looking at cheaper weapons from G&G, SpenaArms or even CYMA and JingGong

They'll perform well enough for your first games and can be upgraded later.

Just stay away from Nuprol guns

I also play with glasses and THESE work well for me.

Any goggles will have limits of course

Thanks for the information @EDcase I quite like the goggles and at a decent price too. in your honest opinion which make would you say would be best for the upgradeability ?

37 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Welcome

Good logic and well done for holding out until you have UKARA.

Any short M4 platform will work for CQB and woodland and as Stevocee mentioned, barrel length doesn't affect performance like real wepons.

For example, I use an MP5 and MP5K when I want really compact.  I haven't done much CQB but since ranges are shorter than woodland they would work fine.

You're looking at the high price range weapons there so can't comment on their performance.

For your first purchases it might be worth looking at cheaper weapons from G&G, SpenaArms or even CYMA and JingGong

They'll perform well enough for your first games and can be upgraded later.

Just stay away from Nuprol guns

I also play with glasses and THESE work well for me.

Any goggles will have limits of course

Thanks @Steveocee I didn't realise that the barrel lengths didn't have an effect on the rifles like they do on real firearms. Where did you get your Heroshark specs from ? Is there any particular AEG that you would recommend with the type of barrel length that I am looking for that is good for upgrades at a later date ?

@Steveocee

1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

Don't worry about a short length CQB gun not being able to perform elsewhere. It's well documented an ARP9 owns pretty much everywhere. Barrel length doesn't equate to accuracy in airsoft. It's mostly justification to buy more than one of a particular weapon. Mobility wise you're at a disadvantage indoors with a long gun but you're not hindered by a short gun outdoors.

People even use pistols converted to DMR's so it's really not a thing.

With regards to facepro. DYE i4/i5 are usually a safe bet if you want a mask but you can get some glasses with prescription inserts, not to blwo the horn too much but I've just bought a set of Heroshark specs which give the option for the insert if you wanted to go mesh & mouth.

You can get Heroshark specs direct from his website https://store1044560.ecwid.com/

With regards to AEG, my personal opinion is either buy a cheap one with a view to buying a newer better one down the line or buy a better one from the start. Don't kid yourself into thinking a "cheap-mid" initial will take upgradez down the line giving it some secret sauce of performance. You need a good canvas to start with.

My first AEG which I still have now as it performs OK is an Ares Amoeba AM-008. It's quite short with a 7" rail but there are a lot of other well priced brands out there now, the Low-Mid price range is rife and I'm really not the best placed to advise as I don't really fire anything that isn't a BASR these days.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Hey! I'm in the same boat, from Whitstable looking to go to Apocalypse to start and get enough for a UKARA. Hopefully ill see you around and get help each other with this new hobby! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.