Building a Racegun 1911

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I already have a tactical 1911 and a classic ww2 style 1911 and I wanted something a little more flashy. Ive decided to build myself a more racegun style 1911. Ill probably be putting nice sights on it and polishing it down to the bare metal. Other than that Im not sure what to do to it. Any suggestions? Base gun is the army armament R30 shown below so its totally tm part compatible. 

DSCF4754.JPG

DSCF4753.JPG

DSCF4755.JPG

My thoughts:

1. put a compensator on it so you can install a longer inner barrel.

2. put a longer tight bore inner barrel in it to increase FPS

3. fit a maple leaf hop unit and rubber. (50 deg autobot or deception are both a good call)

4. Replace rear sight with a mounting plate and red dot.

leave everything else alone unless something breaks.

Finished a repaint of this pistol. Experimented with mixing some things. 2 coats of bake on 650 degree paint and a layer of matte varnish. Not the smoothest ive ever done but Im loving the silver barrel with this dark grey. Got a matching dark grey compensator on the way. Unfortunately this particular 1911 uses hi cappa style sights so I am struggling to find a red dot mount. 

DSCF4822.JPG

DSCF4824.JPG

DSCF4823.JPG

That’s looks so much better.

Have you though about the red dot mounts that fix to the frame rather than the slide?

4 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

That’s looks so much better.

Have you though about the red dot mounts that fix to the frame rather than the slide?

3 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

I think hi-capa holsters and rds mounts fit on 1911?

Ive had a look but im not sure about spending £60 to find out one dosent fit. I dont own any hi cappas so I dont have anything else to use it on if it dosent. 

• 1 month later...

Got a compensator fitted over a maple leaf 150mm tightbore. turns out those hi cappa mounts dont fit 1911s though. grip screw is in a slightly different place. Not sure what the final paintjob is going to be as the grey and black is just an undercoat. 

DSCF5136.JPG

DSCF5137.JPG

DSCF5138.JPG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.