We Scar L

Macv276

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Did a search but couldn't find anything related to the issue I'm having

Recently acquired a WE Scar L. Went to zero my scope in today and... Well let's say it didn't go well. 

Out of a 30 round mag, 3 BBs hit the target. The rest casually rolled out of the barrel. 🙄 

The action cycles as it should. The nozzle isn't broken. The magazine shows no broken parts ect. 

Any ideas? preferably before this thing ends up in a river 🤣

Ripped/badly seated hop rubber?

Although it would have to be really knackered for BBs to just be rolling out of the barrel. Usually you would notice a drop in power range and inconsistent accuracy and FPS first.

6 hours ago, jsmithski said:

So you did not. Take it apart to a single piece, especially the bolt and hop up. You’ll find the problem easily.

That's why I asked if anyone had a suggestion what could be wrong before I pulled it apart, but thanks for being so helpful 🙄

9 hours ago, Macv276 said:

That's why I asked if anyone had a suggestion what could be wrong before I pulled it apart, but thanks for being so helpful 🙄

We’re not magicians, no one will tell you what’s broken just because your gun is not firing properly. Take it apart, show us pictures and you’ll get the answer. No diagnosis can be done over the phone, same with humans, cars and airsoft toys. Also pulling airsoft gun apart is not a rocket science, so what’s keeping you from doing that?

Did you acquire it for a decent price? If so, that's why.

Agree with the above, intial strip down is needed to check all the parts, maybe if you stripped it, lubed the relevant bits, ensured the correct bits are intact and then it still behaved the same then ask for some random stabs in the dark.

1 hour ago, jsmithski said:

We’re not magicians, no one will tell you what’s broken just because you’re gun is not firing properly. Take it apart, show us pictures and you’ll get the answer. No diagnosis can be done over the phone, same with humans, cars and airsoft toys. Also pulling airsoft gun apart is not a rocket science, so what’s keeping you from doing that?

I'm not asking for a magician, just to see if there was a common issue with this platform that would cause the issue before I started pulling apart a rifle I'm not familiar with. No need to behave like a condescending dick is there? 

1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

Did you acquire it for a decent price? If so, that's why.

Agree with the above, intial strip down is needed to check all the parts, maybe if you stripped it, lubed the relevant bits, ensured the correct bits are intact and then it still behaved the same then ask for some random stabs in the dark.

Not really no 😂

It was stripped and lubed when I got it, I can't see anything funky when it's apart but have included some pics below, hopefully these will help somehow 

IMG_20200508_120343.jpg

IMG_20200508_120354.jpg

IMG_20200508_120418.jpg

Most likely hop rubber is worn/damaged.  I read somewhere that 75 degrees are best for GBBRs but you should research that.

If power is inconsistent you'll have to take the nozzle apart to check the valve.

3 hours ago, Macv276 said:

I'm not asking for a magician, just to see if there was a common issue with this platform that would cause the issue before I started pulling apart a rifle I'm not familiar with. No need to behave like a condescending dick is there? 

Not really no 😂

Not the smartest move to call a dick someone who might help you. Now I won’t do that even for the money :D

Not the smartest move to call a dick someone who might help you. Now I won’t do that even for the money :D

I call it like I see it 🤷‍♀️ plus, you have had nothing constructive to offer in this entire post.

2 hours ago, EDcase said:

Most likely hop rubber is worn/damaged.  I read somewhere that 75 degrees are best for GBBRs but you should research that.

If power is inconsistent you'll have to take the nozzle apart to check the valve.

Cheers, I'll take a look 

Hard to offer a constructive advice to someone who says that something does not work but is too lazy to actually check first if internals are not fucked up. I might be wrong but you sound like someone born in the late 90s or later.

• Supporters

I wish I was born in the late 90's, cos then I'd be young & I'd know it all 😏.

(Hold up, I think I just described my son lol)

Hard to offer a constructive advice to someone who says that something does not work but is too lazy to actually check first if internals are not fucked up. I might be wrong but you sound like someone born in the late 90s or later.

You didn't offer any constructive advice. 

Are you this combative in real life or do you just behave like this when you're behind a keyboard in your parents basement? 

Nope, way off on my birth date (which is relevant why????) 

It's not a case of being too lazy, had you offered any helpful advice this issue could have been resolved much earlier. Look at the photos. See anything wrong? 

Also, instead of being condescending, don't assume everyone knows as much as (you think) you do. This is my only my second GBB rifle, I only came back to airsoft a few months ago, so logic would dictate that I wouldn't know what to look for, wouldn't it? 

2 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Back on topic, get the hop up out and check over the bucking. Nozzle to my eyes looks ok so on to the next component.

Cheers, I'll take a look and see what I can do with it. 

WE GBBR hop units are... certainly some thing:

Make sure some hop is applied. Do the rounds still roll out the end or is the gun starting to lift the rounds?

Take the barrel out, check the bucking, make sure there is no damage. Same with the hop arm, no parts are broken off.

WE Hop units are made of piss poor metal. Ive gone through 2 hop units on my Apache MP5, and the thing refuses to work properly at all and is turning into a total lemon

9 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

WE GBBR hop units are... certainly some thing:

Make sure some hop is applied. Do the rounds still roll out the end or is the gun starting to lift the rounds?

Take the barrel out, check the bucking, make sure there is no damage. Same with the hop arm, no parts are broken off.

WE Hop units are made of piss poor metal. Ive gone through 2 hop units on my Apache MP5, and the thing refuses to work properly at all and is turning into a total lemon

Thanks, I'll pull it to bits today and take a look. 

I'm starting to see a theme with WE guns 😅 and it's not a good one

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tommycupra
On 08/05/2020 at 14:37, EDcase said:

Hopup rubber degree is dependent on fps, not the power source of the gun. The lower the fps, the softer the rubber required. 

Guest Tommycupra
On 06/05/2020 at 16:57, Macv276 said:

Did a search but couldn't find anything related to the issue I'm having

Recently acquired a WE Scar L. Went to zero my scope in today and... Well let's say it didn't go well. 

Out of a 30 round mag, 3 BBs hit the target. The rest casually rolled out of the barrel. 🙄 

The action cycles as it should. The nozzle isn't broken. The magazine shows no broken parts ect. 

Any ideas? preferably before this thing ends up in a river 🤣

Had this issue on a number of WE GBBR's. Its either one of 4 things listed below in likleyhood of the cause.

1. Wear on the nozzle. Even if its only minor by a fraction of a millimeter on either the outlet or the pusher It may be so slight as to be unnoticeable. 

This will cause the bolt to cycle but not load the chamber correctly. Buy a replacement nozzle as they're cheap as chips! Clean any crap out of the bolt assembly and make sure the nozzle return spring is in perfect condition and nothing but. If its deformed in anyway it will cause the nozzle to stick in the hop unit. Make sure it's not running a npas which has been opened or closed all of the way as well. 

2. Hop up assembly.. Not just the rubber. 

The scar assembly isn't to bad but if its been put back together incorrectly then you will have little pressure holding the BBs in and a poor air seal. If you look at the main housing which is a made up of 2 grey parts held together by tiny Phillips screws you will see what I mean. Take it all apart and make sure your hop rubber is in good condition and straight, with the contact patch properly alligned with the window in the barrel. Wrap a tiny slither of PTFE tape on the trailing edge of the rubber where it meets the barrel. On reassembly make sure the screws on the housing tighten up fully and you get a flush fitting between he 2 housing parts. If them screws don't tighten then someone's stripped the threads which is so common its unbelievable. There should be no gaps in the housing what so ever once its put back together. additionally if them screws have been replaced with longer threads you get the opposite problem where they tighten up and actualy push the housing apart. Make sure its flush! 

3. Hop up assembly alignment  on top receiver. 

The outer hopup housing is held together by 4 torx screws, 2 on either side of the receiver. In the black notches infront of the ejection port. If you loosen all of these off these  (tool should be included in the foresight, but don't take them out completely, just a couple of turns on each screw.) you will see that you can mover the whole barrel/hop assembly forward and backwards a fraction. Make sure its perfectly centred before tightening the screws back up. Do this whilst the bolt assembley is in the forward battery position. 

4. Damaged feed lips on the magazine. 

Less Likely as the we mags are pretty good. But if a feed lip is damaged it will cause BB'S to stick as well as the nozzle to jamm. Replicating the issue with differant mags will prove/disprove the issue.

I Hope this helps, I've had a lot of experiance with WE scars over the last 10 years since the closed bolt version so I can almost guarantee it will be one of the first 3 areas I've listed. 

Edit* Also don't assume you've just got one issue. BBs rolling out of the barrel are normally an issue with he hopup, BBs not loading are generally an issue with the nozzle. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.