400fps to 420,any Difference?

Pewpewpetie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I was wondering is there much difference in range? I know a good hop and barrel are the main things, but I have a specna arms which I dmr'd with zci 6.02 363mm with a lonex hop and maple leaf, all seals are near on perfect and chronos 400fps +/-2fps on 0.2g and shoots 0.4g accurately to 250ft (torso size, distance is based on Google maps). I also have another specna which has a 407mm madbull barrel (which was bought for the dmr but got better effective range from the 363mm zci in this gun) and standard specna hop with maple leaf bucking chronoing at 330fps, hitting 225ft accurately (torso size again on 0.3g). Would taking the dmr up to 420fps on a 0.2g make a difference to effective range or wouldn't it be worth the hassle of trying to increase fps by 20.

P. S all distances are measured with Google maps

• Supporters

Yes & no ?

Clearly your aware that a we'll set up hop is a godsend, so combined with an extra 20 FPS should mean more range, but the honest truth is that extra bit might only be 10-20ft, personally I'd not open a gearbox up for such a miniscule gain, as there's then always a potential for stuff to go wonky.

I'd concentrate on perfect hop nirvana, good airseal etc too, easy improvements for little effort & cost.

• Supporters

in the hypothetical sense yes, the more energy a properly hopped bb has to begin with the further it will go.

in the more practical sense it boils down to a lot of other factors, there's a difference between the theoretical distance you can throw a bb, and the useful distance in which you can score hits.

the question you should ask yourself is what is the limiting factor when you're engaging? no sense wasting effort getting the bb's to go an extra few metres if the dispersion at that distance means hitting is more luck than skill.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

in the hypothetical sense yes, the more energy a properly hopped bb has to begin with the further it will go.

in the more practical sense it boils down to a lot of other factors, there's a difference between the theoretical distance you can throw a bb, and the useful distance in which you can score hits.

the question you should ask yourself is what is the limiting factor when you're engaging? no sense wasting effort getting the bb's to go an extra few metres if the dispersion at that distance means hitting is more luck than skill.

Thanks alot for the reply, I may aswell leave it where it is then. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.