1911 Replicas

Fred1911

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, I'm fairly new to this and I am not too knowledgable about the different brands for airsoft. I have always had an interest in guns and always wanted a replica of one, therefore I decided to get a 1911 replica, nevertheless I am clueless as to which which brands to buy from. I wanted one that was CO2 powered with at least 380FPS, full metal and good build quality. I have come across my 2 selections: the KWC 1911 blowback pistol (£106) and the RWA knight hawk custom recon. I read that apparently KWC does not offer the greatest build quality and that their guns tend to break. I then researched into the RWA knight hawk custom and apparently RWA gets KWC to make their 1911's, therefore being the same product. I want this replica for personal leisure, and would not be using it in competitive games as I am not into that. I need advice as to which brands to buy from that offer the most realistic, and most high quality 1911 pistols, or if the KWC and RWA poor build quality is over exaggerated. 

Thanks

So you're not into airsoft skirmishing? that being the case you'll not have a UKARA number i assume.

While it's not illegal to own a realistic replica, it is illegal to sell someone one without a valid defense (which is pretty much using it for airsoft skirmishing) which UKARA number will confirm to the retailer.  you'll have a really hard time buying without one or some other form of proof you're a skirmisher.

Maybe consider an Air pistol version instead CO2 powered firing .177 metal bb or pellets, they look just as realistic and aren't regulated the same way. just be 18 and buy it from a shop, fine for looking real and practice on private land as long as you don't intend to shoot people with it.

• Supporters

you're gonna have to go 2-tone if you're not an airsoft skirmisher.

i'd advise against co2 in general, if there's a reliable co2 mag out there i've never met it.

a green gas pistol is going to be much easier to keep running and if you're just target shooting fps isn't really top priority.

Either go airsoft 2 tone or, like has been suggested, get an air pistol instead of an airsoft pistol. 

KWC/RWA/Umarex build quality wise is okay, there is better and much worse out there. 

If you have no intention to skirmish, look here: https://www.daileisure.co.uk/co2-pistols/ and get a 4.5mm C02 Blowback 1911. KWC/RWA/Umarex is all the same build and use the same parts anyway. 

Hope this helps. 

@Macv276Yes it helped, thank you. Again sorry, is there a blowback CO2 1911 airgun available that I can get because see I have over 100 CO2 tanks as my friend who does airsoft moved away and gifted them to me as he had no intention in continuing. Will I be able to get a blowback CO2 airgun 1911 which fit these tanks? Cheers

If they are 12 gram C02 capsules then they work in either 6mm or  .177 bb guns. 

Umarex make licensed 1911's, I have a limited edition GI 1911a1 and it's run like a champ for years. 

If you like tactical 1911's, I'd go for the M45a1 ( https://www.umarex.com/products/airguns/co2/5.8176.html ) again, have one myself and they are decent. 

The best metal production 1911s are generally thought to be the KJW. Their MEU version would be my choice purey because It has better sights than the classic version.

KJW 1911s take both green gas and CO2 mags. Because the mag does not have much gas capacity and the slide is heavy, you will probably get better performance with CO2, though I don't like it myself. The green gas mags are OK in warm weather but you'll probably have to refill each time you empty the mag of bbs. Not a problem if you aren't a skirmisher.

The problem is that KJW pistols aren't as widely available in the UK, though this retailer stocks them..

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/kj-works-1911-meu-airsoft-pistol-kp-07-black-green-gas-version-15744-p.asp

You might also consider a hi capa. It doesn't have the classic 1911 appearance because of the grip area and fat magazine, but it is pretty close. The KJW  KP05 is the closest you will get to a 1911.

https://www.replicaairguns.com/posts/2013/2/16/kjworks-kp-05-1911-hi-capa-blowback-airsoft-pistol-table-top.html

,Armorer Works also makes hi capas which will run on both green gas and CO2,, and some are available with red or blue slides. They are professionally done in the factory and look much better than ones that have been spray painted by a retailer. 

I had one with a blue slide and it was an accurate and nice looking gun. I bought it from here: I would be prepared to buy another.

https://www.geniestuff.co.uk/hx1105-airsoft-pistol-armorer-works-hi-capa-gbb-blue--red-580-p.asp

I think you might want to consider a hi capa rather than a 1911 if you want it for shooting at home or in the garden. They take up to 30 bbs and in warm weather you can get a couple of mags out of one fill of gas. And they actually look good with coloured slides. With a 1911 you will be lucky to get 20 shots, even in hot weather. In cold weather you find their performance underwhelming. The mags, like the grips are just too slim to hold enough gas. And coloured slides don't look so good on the 1911.

Build quality of KJW and Armorer Works is in my opinion superior to KWC, and you can get replacement parts for them.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.