Rwa Lee Enfield No4

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys

Does anyone have any news on the RWA Lee Enfield No4 as read so many bad reviews on it? Are RWA making an up grade....would so like to get one but have been put off by the reviews? Any info welcome.....many thanks in advance.

No idea about the RWA, but the G&G online product catalogue says coming soon, so maybe this year?

Apparently, they’re having trouble with gas efficiency 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yes G&G are working a potentially promising Gas No4 if they can get it right, Also S&T are working on a spring SMLE coming off the success of their spring 98Ks (Were very reasonably priced with some under £100 even) which you may prefer. I wouldn't worry about the RWA to much as its extortionately overpriced and not even very good from what i hear. My only gripe with the G&G is that they are making the sniper variant but without the scope which doesn't make sense to me considering No4 scopes are not exactly easy to come by and also probably will end up costing just as much as the actual rifle lol.

But either way, its great to FINALLY see some proper Enfields on the airsoft market which are not only gas and which wont cost stupid money.

G&Gs 2020 catalog with the Enfields included 

95249209_10219709761607788_3298260434917785600_o.jpg

And S&Ts upcoming SMLE

95328976_1307497632787971_8950814911194202112_n.jpg

Thanks for the informative reply Armo as that has been extremely helpful. I will leave the RWA one as agree way too much money for something that isn't the best. Warren from Shoot and Scoot is working on a resin No4 as he has stopped production on the wooden rifles. Spring is the way forward for me! I eagerly await the arrival of the No4!

It’s hard to be certain from the photo but it looks like the furniture and action on that S&T Smellie are silver, have I got that wrong (I really hope so)

Great to hear that S&T are working on a (hopefully reasonably priced) Enfield, although I can't help but notice that sneaky FG42 in the bottom corner... 😁 (it's about damned time)

Also I might be wrong, but that Enfield pic looks like a 3D render to me; might explain the colours being off.

Hi guys

Had a reply from Viva Arms this morning in answer to an update on the No4...."Due to the Covid-19 outbreak all new products have been delayed". They didn't confirm they were actually making a new No4 or acknowledge that there had been any problems with the first version of the rifle!

I’ll be really interested to see anyone with the guts to hack the No4 up to make an L42 replica, maybe with a Falklands sniper kit. 

Much as I don’t want to be a collector and don’t want an inefficient RIF I really fancy a No4 for nostalgia reasons, it’s what I learnt on as a cadet (I’m not as old as that makes me seem, we were pretty poor where I’m from and also our SLRs went down on the Atlantic Conveyer, or so the legend went). 

BD372039-565F-4022-A2A1-7D65E1519DC0.jpeg

On 08/05/2020 at 09:51, T.I.T.S 01 said:

Hi guys

Had a reply from Viva Arms this morning in answer to an update on the No4...."Due to the Covid-19 outbreak all new products have been delayed". They didn't confirm they were actually making a new No4 or acknowledge that there had been any problems with the first version of the rifle!

They are also releasing a bren. Well,.... was later this year but now next year now I'd assume. 

8 hours ago, Ropeyshep said:

Does that come with the sling? A half decent M1907 copy is a very nice touch. Looks a very bonny unit. 

So this rifle came from Bespoke Airsoft in the U.K. The sling is a M1903- M1907 from Soldier of Fortune. You can get the upgraded version from Swit Airsoft but expect to pay at least £150 more plus import/custom charges!!

Yeah S&T make decent airsoft guns, i have a Stirling SMG from them and its built really solidly. Only thing the 1903 could do without is that awful made in China stamp on the trigger guard.

Also SWIT are probably the best website for historic airsoft guns, but am always slightly put off having to deal with the whole import malarkey.

On 16/05/2020 at 11:01, Armo1000 said:

Yeah S&T make decent airsoft guns, i have a Stirling SMG from them and its built really solidly. Only thing the 1903 could do without is that awful made in China stamp on the trigger guard.

Also SWIT are probably the best website for historic airsoft guns, but am always slightly put off having to deal with the whole import malarkey.

Yeah....

Easily removed with black paint or weathered effect!

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.