360 Action Cam

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking to get one to try out for airsoft. My number 1 criteria is replaceable lens cover or otherwise a decently inexpensive case that doesn't overly mess with the stitching. At the moment that's the GoPro Max, but this still isn't perfect because I'll have to fashion a means of protecting the screens. Anyone here running a 360 action cam with a protective solution they're happy with?

Guest PT247

I use 360 cameras on my motorbikes. The GoPro Max lens covers scratch easy, I also doubt they would survive being hit. The Insta360 One R has lens protectors you can buy that look a little tougher and the One X has a "Venture" case you can put it in.

54 minutes ago, PT247 said:

I use 360 cameras on my motorbikes. The GoPro Max lens covers scratch easy, I also doubt they would survive being hit.

Surviving isn't much of a problem, a set of 4 of them is £10-20. It would be a problem if a BB could punch through to the lens beneath.

56 minutes ago, PT247 said:

[...] the One X has a "Venture" case you can put it in.

It's £40ish is the problem, a bit too expensive for sacrificial protection.

57 minutes ago, PT247 said:

The Insta360 One R has lens protectors you can buy that look a little tougher

These look pretty good though.

Guest PT247
22 minutes ago, Lollingsgrad said:

Surviving isn't much of a problem, a set of 4 of them is £10-20. It would be a problem if a BB could punch through to the lens beneath.

It's £40ish is the problem, a bit too expensive for sacrificial protection.

These look pretty good though.

I think a BB would shatter them on the GoPro Max, they are not strong.
The Venture Case is a lot tougher than any of the others, so yes more money, but also stronger, so may survive a BB hit from a sniper.
I don't know how well the One R lens protectors would hold up, but def stronger to loof at than the GoPro Max versions.

There is a UK youtuber Airsoft camman who has started to use 360 cameras, so may be worth punting him a message.

Airsoftcamman

27 minutes ago, Keldon said:

There is a UK youtuber Airsoft camman who has started to use 360 cameras, so may be worth punting him a message.

Airsoftcamman

Thanks! It was actually after watching one of his 360 videos at Battlestations Airsoft that got me into the idea. Overcapture is so good for airsoft videos compared to standard front facing headcam.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.