Lancer Tactical Lt-33 Proline Gen2 Enforcer Red Night Wing

JoeB

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I'm looking to get back into airsofting and need a new gun. Used to have a TM M4 but gearbox has been completely destroyed and to repair it to working with mosfet etc. Is out of my price range. 

I have been doing some research and found this gun, I was wondering if it's as good as it looks. These are the specs I've found online (attached). 

Regarding upgrading, what would be suggested? I'd like is to shoot 360-380fps. 

I heard the brand werent the best a few years ago but have seriously up the game recently and it's been recommended on a few websites. 

Thanks in advanced! 

Screenshot_20200504-170923_Chrome.jpg

So you're telling us that fixing a box (which btw isn't even that expensive) is not viable but buying a brand new (shit, LT is the american equivalent of Nuprol) gun is?

ok....

plus a Warfet it will still be cheaper than that POS Lancer Tacticunt you mentioned :D

The quote I got to fix my gun came in over £200. I thought for that price I'd just buy a new gun and start afresh. 

Ideally I want something with a quick change spring, internal mosfet, preferable ETU. Full metal gear box as for it to not blow up when I upgrade the spring to shoot at a good fps

I dont know much about guns or specs. These are things I'm looking for. 

I was expecting people to shit on that gun if I'm honest 😂

What would good recommendations be if I were to spend around the £300? 

To add, my old gun was a home build I got of a friend, so I'm sure there were other issues with it than just gear box. 

£200 to fix a gun?

what the fuck? is the tech putting gold plated parts in it? Did you run it over with a car?

Seriously tho, the gearbox mentioned by Adolf + a decent fcu like a Perun V2 optical or a Jefftron Leviathan would do the job.

I see that gearbox has plastic piston, cylinder, etc are they better to be full metal? 

Sorry for all the questions, I just seriously dont want a headache if I'm going to get back into the sport with constantly taking my gun in with issues. 

That with one of the mosfets mentioned my gun should be running sweet again? 

Would getting a tightbore barrel be something you suggest also? 

Thanks again

• Supporters
Just now, JoeB said:

I see that gearbox has plastic piston, cylinder, etc are they better to be full metal? 

Sorry for all the questions, I just seriously dont want a headache if I'm going to get back into the sport with constantly taking my gun in with issues. 

That with one of the mosfets mentioned my gun should be running sweet again? 

Would getting a tightbore barrel be something you suggest also? 

Thanks again

now's as good a time as any to learn a bit of self-teching.

if i were you i'd pull the thing apart and have a crack at fixing it yourself, it may very well be something relatively cheap and easy to sort and if it isn't, well it's not like you weren't going to have to pull the gun apart to slap a new box in there anyway.

plus if you get the hang of how your gun works and get confident in fixing stuff yourself then it'll save you a fair whack of money in the long run, especially given the quotes you seem to be getting.

Plastic rack pistons are good.

They act as a mechanical fuse in case something goes horribly wrong: instead of fucking up the gears, which are tedious to replace as they will need a new shim job (yes it gets easy after some practice but still a nightmare if you've never done it), they'll break instead. Easy peasy fix as you just put a new one in and you're good to go.

Now, if you want to go for an extreme 50+ rps dsg you kinda have to go for a metal rack otherwise you'll be changing pistons every 3 magazines.

I don't see any problems in running a plastic cylinder head either, as long as it seals properly. One thing you can do is to radius the gearbox, it's a quick and easy job everyone can do and it involves filing down the angles on the gearbox shell where the cylinder sits (towards the barrel), plenty of guides online on doing it. Cylinder is the same. Make sure it has the correct air volume for the barrel and bb weight you'll be using.

I also wouldn't bother with a tight bore unless you're looking at increasing the energy output, they're marketed as "precision" barrels but they don't affect accuracy that much. A good hop setup does. Invest money on a decent rotary chamber (doesn't have to be expensive, and plastic chambers more often than not are better than metal ones. Rotary because it can be fine tuned much more easily than the old style chambers with gears in them), hop rubber (Prometheus or Maple Leaf) and tensioner.

Mosfets.

It depends on what you want. I personally would go for a gate warfet, but it is not internal to the gearbox and if you're tight on space it might not be a good solution.

I would avoid the Titan, not because they're bad but because there is no point in putting a Ferrari electronics into a wonky ass Punto. It has 300 different functions and 299 of those you'll never use.

Maybe the Aster if gate fixed it or one of the options I mentioned earlier.

Either way you'll want a battery protection mode (shuts down the replica when the voltage goes below a fixed threshold that you can set depending on what battery you run), the basic feature of using the trigger contacts as a basic signal input (high voltage batteries will wear down standard contacts much faster, the fet bypasses them pumping current directly into the motor, the contacts will just tell the fet to send/not send current), and the electronic fuse (in case the gearbox locks up it shuts everything down instead of fucking up the box itself or the battery).

And seriously tell that guy to fuck off. £200 to fix an airsoft gun is robbery. Unless you asked him to slap a titan in there.

Oh brilliant, I've been looking at gearboxes, watched a few videos on how they work and tutorials on repairing them. With all the information you guys have given me I think I'll be able to get my gun up and running.

Seems like a lot of parts are out of stock and deliveries are crap due to lockdown. 

Im going to get some bits ordered in the next week or so and give it all a go. 

I will be sure to send you guys pictures of my attempt at repair. 

Fingers crossed it goes well 😂

Thank you very much for all the information, you've been a real help! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.