My Vsr G-spec Build

leadly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well Eagle6 has got my vote!

Ordered yesterday at 14:00 ish, arrived today at 10:30. Ok I paid for first class postage but they didn't muck about!!

Good job it's my rostered week off starting on Saturday!

IMG_20200520_143440.jpg

Well, what else do you do at 3am on a slow night shift?

Attacked it with a file then worked up to 1200 grit. Feels smooth enough and no sharp edges to damage the rubber on!

IMG_20200522_035416.jpg

What a faff. Get out of work earlier and didn't want to wake the wife and kids up so thought I'd get into the "armoury" and fit the new spring......

It's shorter and fatter than my M130. Now I'm new to all this but the packaging says it's for an L96. I have no knowledge of this gun but eagle 6's website says the spring is compatible with the L96 and the VSR, so I assumed I'd be getting the correct spring.

Surely if I have to have components X,Y and Z installed to fit this spring then they should make that clear, especially if it doesn't even fit a stock VSR.

I've asked to send it back, so I'll see what they say!

Does it actually not fit in?

There are a lot of variables and thus routes to making a spring a given rate.

Shorter, less coils, thicker gauge wire all equate to a stiffer spring.

And the opposite is true.

It may be wrong but it may just be a different design 🤷🏽‍♂️

@leadly
I am sat here with my AA M150 spring in it's packaging next to me. I can confirm it does NOT mention L96 anywhere on the packet. Down the left hand side it is clearly marked as "VSR10 M150 POWER SPRING".

I've looked and it looks like AA do different springs for L96 and VSR so there is a chance they have sent the wrong one.

Mine is sat unused and unloved and wants a new home though.....

I did install it, but ssssshhhh, don't tell Eagle6. There's about an inch of free space between the spring and the piston, so the spring just slides up and down in the cylinder!

Wouldn't be the most stealthy of builds with that rattling about inside and it makes a right "boing" noise when fired!

2 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Mine is sat unused and unloved and wants a new home though.....

I'm interested mate! Drop me a message!

Built the rifle back up with the M130 spring again but this time with the new barrel. Had grand plans of plinking in the garden but came across an issue with the hop adjustment.

With the hop wound all the way OFF, the BB's DON'T roll out the end of the barrel like it has before.. Infact with no hop at all it's shooting around 370 ish.

Is this something that can happen with a new bucking? Or is it more than likely an issue with my recent bridge removal job?

With the hop adjusted up I'm getting around 415 ish before the bucking is stopping the BB's from registering on the chrono.

The above tested with 0.2s as my 0.4s are far to precious to fault find with!

This just means that even with hop off you are still just contacting the BB so there is enough resistance to stop them rolling out.

FPS increasing as you add hop is normal as the seal improves.

With your barrel you should look into 0.46 or 0.48s 🤓

2 hours ago, Steveocee said:

With your barrel you should look into 0.46 or 0.48s 🤓

It makes no difference at the moment when I'm not shooting past 60ft!! 😂

7 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Any stock healthy bucking will not allow BBs to roll out the barrel.

This is a good thing.

Crack on 😎

That's all I needed to hear!!

A quick spin out in the mini for a socially distanced collection of an M150 spring from @Steveocee earlier today!

Had 5 minutes to swap the springs around!

I have the power!

IMG_20200524_163505.jpg

Thanks again dude! Really appreciate it!!

Small update!

Stuck a Pantera concave nub in because I couldn't get a ML one from Skirnshop where I was buying the upgraded body cap heads from.

All bits in nicely, can't really tell the difference in space I'm shooting in.

Very close to buying a TM MK23.....

Might have taken my rifle to work to take advantage of the perfect maintenance shed conditions!!

I was hitting my 14cm pellet trap at 47m (length of two train coaches) quite convincingly with 0.4's but didn't bring very many with me.

Is that any good? What sort of range should I be able to hit folk at?

I had some 0.28's left in my rifle bag but they seemed to be flying anywhere and everywhere at that range. Might have to strip it down again as I can't tell if the hop rubber is fraying where the cylinder head hits it.

Is that normal? Or could it be damage from fitting it to the wrong barrel earlier on in the build?

Chuffed with how it's firing anyway, put a smile on my mates face who is big into his air rifles!!

Small update.

Eagle6 admitted that the spring was incorrectly advertised for the VSR platform so that'll be going back this week!

Turned my research towards TDC kits that work best with an AA hop up. Not entirely necessary but I tend to fire 0.28's in the garden as I've got 3000 to get through, so I'm constantly changing hop settings for weight and range variencies!

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't 100% happy with having to pad the scope ring out to clear the outer barrel so opted for a quad screw mid height mount instead.

The eye relief feels a lot better as well so smiles all round!

IMG_20200613_120252__01__01.thumb.jpg.e63349d9802f825948f11e2333a17d20.jpg

Might also have a TM MK23 coming next week....... along with the usual upgrades and a DTD holster! Now I'm poor again!

Stuff!!

Still no weapon yet though. Hopefully at the weekend maybe!

Waiting on the last bits from Hadron to turn up as well!

IMG_20200619_105527.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've had the MK23 for a week now and wow, majorly impressed with it in its standard form. Made a temporary fart flap for it just to see the effect and it made such a difference, even with a bit of black cloth tape over the end of the supressor. I've taken that off though as it seemed a bit too heavy duty and was noticeably effecting the flight of the BB's, got some lighter camo tape for version 2!

On nights tomorrow so I'm staying up late.

Productive night, game booked for the 18th at Matlock Combat Games!! Excited!! Taped up with partial effort, just to hide the two tone really but I quite enjoyed it and I'm relatively pleased with the result!!

IMG_20200704_010938__01.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.