Tm Gas Mags, Pain in the a

Alanmac101

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Why is it, when filling my collection of guns, that it's always the TM models that are a pain, as its harder to get the gas in without leaking, but on all the others like We, Raven and Umarex, all fill without any problem.

I'm using nuprol green gas and was under the impression that the fill valves are the same on all these makes. 

Maybe it's just me, but seems a little unusual, maybe someone can advise? 

• Supporters

do you mean that during filling the gas that comes out the fill port?

that's an intentional feature, you're meant to fill until that gas stream starts spraying liquid out. the 40-mike has a similar feature.

It’s meant to do it (see previous posts), and no, they aren’t all the same lol.

You can get silent fill o-rings, they stop the noise

13 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

It’s meant to do it (see previous posts), and no, they aren’t all the same lol.

You can get silent fill o-rings, they stop the noise

they stop the noise and won’t let the air out so you’ll need to manually remove air from time to time by pressing the release valve while filling them.

6 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

they stop the noise and won’t let the air out so you’ll need to manually remove air from time to time by pressing the release valve while filling them.

I know lol

What I meant to say was on first filling a TM mag with the gas canister they leak straight away while trying to get gas into them, like the canister nozzle doesn't give a good fit.

I know when they get to correct pressure the gas will then escape and its then that you stop filling, but I have difficulty even straight away with gas escaping which is why I asked if the TM fill valves have a slight diff size, as I don't has this issue with any other guns in my collection, when filling with gas.

Iv'e tried a few diff gas canisters and they all do the same on the TM range I have, I know you have to angle the gas canister as the valves are seated at an angle.

The TM guns do seem to fire but just loosing a fair amount of gas when filling them, and is made more difficult trying to know when the mag is full when the gas canister is leaking gas on trying to fill.

Oh well, looking at the replies I guess I'll persevere with them and maybe try a diff make green gas see it there's any difference .

Thanks for all the replies and help.

• Supporters

Yeah as mentioned thats an actual feature, the valve has a hole designed to cause that to happen.

The mag is full when its spraying liquid out of the fill valve.

27 minutes ago, Alanmac101 said:

I know you have to angle the gas canister as the valves are seated at an angle.

er......no. Valve vertical (ignore the base of the mag), gas canister vertically inverted

18 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

er......no. Valve vertical (ignore the base of the mag), gas canister vertically inverted

Yes that bit I'm away of, and is what I was trying to say. 

But thanks 

6 minutes ago, Alanmac101 said:

Yes that bit I'm away of, and is what I was trying to say. 

But thanks 

but you said hold it at angle 😂😂

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

but you said hold it at angle 😂😂

Yer my bad description the valves are straight but the mags are angled. 

I know what I mean in my head, just never comes out like that :):)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.