What Gun?

Krismc4

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

They are both garbage. if you want. best bang for your buck is a site legal KWC CO2 1911 https://www.airsoftworld.net/milbro-tactical-division-branded-kwc-1911-tactical-rail-series-blowback-airsoft-pistol-stainless.html or as always best performer is a TM 1911. main issue though with all non C02 powered 1911s are they have low gas capacity and are more pron to cool down due to mag size. 

11 minutes ago, BigStew said:

They are both garbage. if you want. best bang for your buck is a site legal KWC CO2 1911 https://www.airsoftworld.net/milbro-tactical-division-branded-kwc-1911-tactical-rail-series-blowback-airsoft-pistol-stainless.html or as always best performer is a TM 1911. main issue though with all non C02 powered 1911s are they have low gas capacity and are more pron to cool down due to mag size. 

Only problem is that my local airsoft site doesn’t allow co2 guns 

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Krismc4 said:

Then spend a wee bit more & get a TM Hi-Capa, all the coolness of a 1911 but without the skinny inefficient mags.

14 minutes ago, Krismc4 said:

ok if you want a 1911 Tokyo Marui. WE do make a 1911 and they may have improved them but the ones i have had were poor to say the least.  

5 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Then spend a wee bit more & get a TM Hi-Capa, all the coolness of a 1911 but without the skinny inefficient mags.

I’m only seeing them at £130 the ones I’m looking at are about £70-£80 im trying to stay under £100 for a pistol 

8 hours ago, Krismc4 said:

I’m only seeing them at £130 the ones I’m looking at are about £70-£80 im trying to stay under £100 for a pistol 

The only pistol worth bothering under 100 in my opinion is the ASG CZ P09 or maybe a WE G17. 

https://wolfarmouries.co.uk/browse-products/airsoft-guns/pistols/asg-cz-p-09-gbb-pistol.html

The only 1911s worth bothering with are the TMs and the KWC C02. Otherwise it's pretty much a display piece. 

If you are dead set on a 1911 then you cant go wrong with this TM Foliage Warrior MEU. 

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-foliage-warrior-gbb-pistol-save-24-was-129-now-105

£105 is a great price, but when buying spare mags make sure you get the Marui M45A1 ones as they have slightly more gas capacity then the MEU and standard 1911 ones. Which means you will have enough gas capacity to cycle through a mag for 8 months of the year rather then 6. 

If you still cant push to £105 then maybe this TM Sub Compact 1911 will do the trick at £89

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-detonics-45-silver-slide-gbb-pistol-save-40-was-129-now-89

if you your budget won't stretch don't get a pistol and save up. if you are running a stock AEG with no MED restriction you do not need a pistol. Most of the time i need to make an excuse to use my pistols. Don't cheap out on a pistol you will regret it especially that one time you need it and it lets you down. 

• Supporters

Hold off buying, save some more or watch the classifieds for a good TM deal from an established member with some history.

You'll never regret holding out for a TM in the long run .

10 hours ago, BigStew said:

if you your budget won't stretch don't get a pistol and save up. if you are running a stock AEG with no MED restriction you do not need a pistol. Most of the time i need to make an excuse to use my pistols. Don't cheap out on a pistol you will regret it especially that one time you need it and it lets you down. 

I have the money but it’s going to have to be a two tone pistol until i get my ukara, so dint want to go all out on a expensive pistol straight away, and because I play cqb thought I would need a pistol 

9 hours ago, Tackle said:

Hold off buying, save some more or watch the classifieds for a good TM deal from an established member with some history.

You'll never regret holding out for a TM in the long run .

So you would say it’s not worth buying a pistol unless it’s  tm ? 

10 hours ago, Asomodai said:

The only pistol worth bothering under 100 in my opinion is the ASG CZ P09 or maybe a WE G17. 

https://wolfarmouries.co.uk/browse-products/airsoft-guns/pistols/asg-cz-p-09-gbb-pistol.html

The only 1911s worth bothering with are the TMs and the KWC C02. Otherwise it's pretty much a display piece. 

If you are dead set on a 1911 then you cant go wrong with this TM Foliage Warrior MEU. 

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-foliage-warrior-gbb-pistol-save-24-was-129-now-105

£105 is a great price, but when buying spare mags make sure you get the Marui M45A1 ones as they have slightly more gas capacity then the MEU and standard 1911 ones. Which means you will have enough gas capacity to cycle through a mag for 8 months of the year rather then 6. 

If you still cant push to £105 then maybe this TM Sub Compact 1911 will do the trick at £89

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-detonics-45-silver-slide-gbb-pistol-save-40-was-129-now-89

The tm for £105 is it full metal ? I’ve been looking at so many different pistol names and tbh being quite new thought that as long as you spent over £50 on a pistol it would be half decent 😂

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Krismc4 said:

I have the money but it’s going to have to be a two tone pistol until i get my ukara, so dint want to go all out on a expensive pistol straight away, and because I play cqb thought I would need a pistol 

The tm for £105 is it full metal ? I’ve been looking at so many different pistol names and tbh being quite new thought that as long as you spent over £50 on a pistol it would be half decent 😂

Some brands are ok, not superb but ok, but TM are generally spot on straight out of the box, but not full metal, which is actually preferable due to the uk's often inclement weather ❄️🌨☃️.

if you've got a rifle & are 18+, hold out buying until you've got your ukara, or alternatively buy of the forums if you can prove you have a defense/are a player.

15 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Some brands are ok, not superb but ok, but TM are generally spot on straight out of the box, but not full metal, which is actually preferable due to the uk's often inclement weather ❄️🌨☃️.

if you've got a rifle & are 18+, hold out buying until you've got your ukara, or alternatively buy of the forums if you can prove you have a defense/are a player.

Yeah I have a two tone riffle needs abit of work on it tho need a new battery and then hope that the motor still works(it’s been sitting for about a year)and bought a co2 pistol a few years ago not knowing that co2 is banned at most sites near me, would some body on the forums sell to me even know I don’t have ukara ? I stopped playing because I had no one to go with.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Krismc4 said:

Yeah I have a two tone riffle needs abit of work on it tho need a new battery and then hope that the motor still works(it’s been sitting for about a year)and bought a co2 pistol a few years ago not knowing that co2 is banned at most sites near me, would some body on the forums sell to me even know I don’t have ukara ? I stopped playing because I had no one to go with.

If the guns a known brand it should be ok, assuming it's been kept dry etc, ordering a battery is simple, recommend you have a look at componentshop for one, as for who will sell to you, million dollar question ?, some will & some won't, what's your local site you previously played at ?, you might find members on here that knew you there & may vouch for you ?, it's a stretch but worth considering ?.

Other than that, bide your time until sites are open & sort your ukara .

15 minutes ago, Tackle said:

If the guns a known brand it should be ok, assuming it's been kept dry etc, ordering a battery is simple, recommend you have a look at componentshop for one, as for who will sell to you, million dollar question ?, some will & some won't, what's your local site you previously played at ?, you might find members on here that knew you there & may vouch for you ?, it's a stretch but worth considering ?.

Other than that, bide your time until sites are open & sort your ukara .

It’s just been sitting in a cupboard so should be alright Hopefully 😂 I only played a couple of games before the people I went with stopped going, so I doubt that anyone will know me there, I have a basket full of stuff from Taiwan gun they have the battery I need on offer for £9 cheapest I can find from uk dealers is £14 so I just thought buy a few other things on there that’s cheaper than the uk to make it worth the £12 delivery 

1 hour ago, Krismc4 said:

TM don't make metal pistols that part of what makes them so good in the UK. There are brands that make good guns as people have said KWC make great C02 guns. the main thing is that pretty much every other pistol on the market is a TM clone . my point was if you want a 1911 and can't have a CO2 TM make the best 1911 but for the UK out doors the a 1911 is not the best gun you can get. 

so good Pistol makes Tokyo Marui, Western Arms, Tanaka( Revolvers), KWA/KSC/ASG, KWC and WE( i personally don't rate them)

34 minutes ago, BigStew said:

TM don't make metal pistols that part of what makes them so good in the UK. There are brands that make good guns as people have said KWC make great C02 guns. the main thing is that pretty much every other pistol on the market is a TM clone . my point was if you want a 1911 and can't have a CO2 TM make the best 1911 but for the UK out doors the a 1911 is not the best gun you can get. 

so good Pistol makes Tokyo Marui, Western Arms, Tanaka( Revolvers), KWA/KSC/ASG, KWC and WE( i personally don't rate them)

Alright thank you for your help I will have a look at the other makes and see what I can get for my price range 

2 hours ago, Krismc4 said:

TMs are mostly plastic, which is why they perform so well. They are high quality plastic which perform and the build quality is so so much better then any "Full metal" pistol for £100.

You dont want a full metal 1911 because it would make the slide heavier and impact even more on the poor gas capacity of 1911's. 

You are wanting too much for too little money. 

Pick 2 of the following 3 options 

Full metal - Cheap - Good Performance

You cant afford all three unless you spend £150+. 

If you play cqb, forget the pistol for now and buy yourself a re useable grenade. Far more useful, really than a pistol in cqb.

Forget about buying a pistol for the moment, especially if you already have a primary.
Whilst you're waiting until you get your UKARA number, save up a bit more.
Then you can get an awesome pistol  that doesn't look like it's been nerfed.

If you only play CQB, why do you want a pistol, if you already have a rifle? If it's to use as a secondary, don't bother, do as @Cromulon1994 suggests and get a grenade instead - you'll get more kills.
And if it's for use as a primary so you can ditch the rifle, then definitely save up and get a decent one (TM ftw!).

15 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Forget about buying a pistol for the moment, especially if you already have a primary.
Whilst you're waiting until you get your UKARA number, save up a bit more.
Then you can get an awesome pistol  that doesn't look like it's been nerfed.

If you only play CQB, why do you want a pistol, if you already have a rifle? If it's to use as a secondary, don't bother, do as @Cromulon1994 suggests and get a grenade instead - you'll get more kills.
And if it's for use as a primary so you can ditch the rifle, then definitely save up and get a decent one (TM ftw!).

CQB is much more fun with a low capacity GBB. When I play CQB  i tend to just run 3 or 4 pistols for shits and giggles. and once again none of us are going to get play any time soon( room clearance in a two bed room flat is beginning to get boring) please do not cheap out on a pistol look to spend £90 as a minimum on the gun and you should really budget minimum £150-160  gun, spare mag, holster ( this is another thing you don't want to cheap out on).

Hes right. I sold my absolutely fantastic type 97 to get something technically worse just because it's more fun. Now I've traded my m870 I don't actually own a gun designed before 1880.

A cheap cyma trishot shotgun is a good cqb gun for not much money. Worth having one, if you're itching to spend, as a backup if the AEG goes kaput

Given the choices in the original post you would be better off throwing the BBs. I agree With others either be prepared to spend a bit more or don’t get a pistol.

cheapest pistol I would ever recommend is the WE G17 Gen 3, Which is generally available for £99 all over the place. I know a lot of people don’t like WE, but this is a genuinely decent pistol for a secondary, and is a huge upgrade over the two original options.

Yes a TM will out shoot it from the box, but will cost around 40% more and it is pretty easy and cheap to upgrade the WE if you want more performance (obviously you can also upgrade a TM).

20 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

If you play cqb, forget the pistol for now and buy yourself a re useable grenade. Far more useful, really than a pistol in cqb.

Do you need a ukara to buy a grenade ? 

Edited by Krismc4

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.