Is UKARA Needed If Not Buying Guns From Taiwan Gun?

Krismc4

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Quick question I’m new to airsoft and was looking at buying some gear from Taiwan gun do I need a ukara number to purchase from there if I am not buying a gun I already have a two tone m4 that I bought  a few years ago just need a battery and a few bits for it 

Edited by Jedi_Master
better title description

UKARA only applies for guns, if you are only buying things like batteries and mags or gear then you don't need it

1 hour ago, 14mstant said:

UKARA only applies for guns, if you are only buying things like batteries and mags or gear then you don't need it

quick proviso you do not need a defence such as UKARA to import accessories but HMRC has cottoned on to people buying enough parts to manufacture a RIF so you might have issues buying furniture/receivers. 

9 minutes ago, BigStew said:

quick proviso you do not need a defence such as UKARA to import accessories but HMRC has cottoned on to people buying enough parts to manufacture a RIF so you might have issues buying furniture/receivers. 

Thanks for the heads up, I am only ordering things such as a battery,green gas,gloves,balaclava,mag,speed loader,silencer and some ballistic goggles might also get a chest rig as well to make it worth the £12 shipping as a lot of these items are cheaper on Taiwan gun than in the uk 

Just now, Krismc4 said:

Thanks for the heads up I am only ordering things such as a battery,green gas,gloves,balaclava,mag,speed loader and some ballistic goggles might also get a chest rig as well to make it worth the £12 shipping as a lot of these items are cheaper on Taiwan gun than in the uk 

cool you are all good then

Just now, BigStew said:

cool you are all good then

Anything els that you would recommend? Like basic starter stuff, I bought a co2 pistol a few years ago not knowing that most sites don’t allow co2 weapons so going to get a green gas one before the sites open back up 

1 minute ago, Krismc4 said:

Anything els that you would recommend? Like basic starter stuff, I bought a co2 pistol a few years ago not knowing that most sites don’t allow co2 weapons so going to get a green gas one before the sites open back up 

Silicon oil spray is always a good bet your pistol will probable need a service if you haven't done any maintenance.  

Yeah it’s just been sitting there a few shots every now and then at targets when friends come over, but tbh as it is a co2 pistol and not even aloud to use it at airsoft sites near me haven’t really bothered with it, it’s a sig Sauer sp2022 bought it at a airsoft shop in Great Yarmouth full black with no ukara don’t even ask me how it was before I even knew ukara existed, took it to a airsoft game and was told they would let me use it as I dint have any other side arm even know it was co2 shot it through the FPS reader and was shooting at 500+ FPS so wasn’t aloud to use it in the end anyway 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.